Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

quick donate

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

quick donate Empty
PostSubject: quick donate   quick donate Empty2009-10-21, 13:51

Fk fk fk fk fk fk fk, The new server runs better, better rego, but we got major hassles, the RCON admin is really basic and gay as. If the server doesnt reboot for some reason we cant restart it wtf???

We gotta get permission and email every time we wanna upload to the server. FK!! We upload msgs, comp stuff, music, maps etc etc, all the time, fk off!

They know fk all about gungame so they're no help.

They are also the dearest we've ever been with.

FKN ETC ETC

In all the time we have been in operation we had one (yes one) hot server. Thats when we also had "fodders server" as well, that dm one. That was a hot server with hot rego. The only one we ever had, we've had a bizzare fkn run.

I"ve been in contact with the dude who set that up, an he's still in operation, and we might go staight to him, hes gungame savvy and just sorts stuff straight away.

We can"t possibly put up with the way these dudes run their server eh, fk it.

BUT!!!!!

Bein so fkn dear, (we paid $160 for this crap), it cleaned out our money.

We want to act as soon as possible so we need funds.

You love us or what???

Are we the sex or not?

You want fodder's love?

Or not?

DONATE NOW!!!!!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Cool
Back to top Go down
im the new guy

im the new guy

quick donate Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick donate   quick donate Empty2009-10-21, 14:53

I can probably donate a small amount when you get closer to reaching the needed funds. I can help run the server side through FTP if ya need me too, just message me in steam.
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

quick donate Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick donate   quick donate Empty2009-10-21, 16:32

Hey guys,
As fodder said "fk fk fk farrrrrrk. The new server looks to be ok. There is some better rego to be had most of the time but it tends to drift about a bit from time to time. Or is that just my eyes, lol.
I don't know if the better performance is worth the extra $40 or more. And if, as we want, get 1 or 2 more servers the the cost would be stupid, we may as well hire our own box.

The delay in getting this server up and running was solely due to EGN having the access to write files, blocked to us. It toke about 8 emails to get all the folders opened that we needed to get the server up. Add to this, an admin panel that is a web page with a couple of tabs on it, to set startmap and restart server. Both of which didn't work. Which meant if I restarted it by console or crashed the server I would have to uninstall or deactivate certain elements and sit there hoping that the server would auto reboot at some time.

Four frigging days of doing that shit, thinking that I had noobed out and made some stupid blunder. 6 complete reinstalls, going through google for a reason and it ended up being EGN!!!!
It sort of took the shine off the server for me before we had even played on it.

It seems that when EGN started their server hire section about 6 or 7 years ago, well that's what they did. Set it up 6 or 7 years ago! Haven't touched it since. And as they haven't had a GunGame server before, so they haven't got the set up that will allow us to run the server the way we want to.

As far as donations are concerned, its as we have always said, if 20 guys donated $10.00 a month, every month, thats better than 4 guys putting in $50.00 a month. You can have a few guys miss a month and you wont feel it that much. But if a couple of your $50.00 guys drop out, then your stuffed. And the more guys that feel that they have a vested interest in the server, the better I think. : )

cheers

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
im the new guy

im the new guy

quick donate Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick donate   quick donate Empty2009-10-22, 00:58

Do you know anyone who can setup a dedicated PROPERLY?

With dedicated servers the price they are today (low end, around $100-150) you are better off going with a host that is reliable, and stable. I don't know if anyone on these forums have ever hosted on a dedicated server before, but I had a game server company that was dead in two months, purely because I invested a grand of my own money in getting a box from a host I "heard" was great.
Every 6 hours though, the server would crash (entire box) and I would have to reboot it manually (pain in the ass when you work). At least with a game host, you have more stability knowing that they have been around for a while.
It would be a lot easier to strike a deal with a decent host for multiple servers, with good rego and reliable service.
If you think you have had a lot of grief dealing with server hosts, wait until you get your own box lol.
I'll rake up some pricing for you from GSH like you asked, as long as my train ain't bloody late for a third evening in a row.

With the donation amounts, perhaps you can offer a perk or something if they were to donate? For example, my hide and seek mod saw a lot of traffic coming through it, and I sold admin/props etc etc (don't sell admin) and that was paying for 4x20 slot servers and 50 slot vent from GSH ($200 a month - Highly discounted...).
Maybe offer like a perk where they get a title when they join, or it sends a global message when the player joins, specifying how much they donated.
Example:
Fodder Joined the Game
Fodder has donated: $40.00 this month!
Anyway, just a thought, be creative, might just encourage a few more donators Smile
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

quick donate Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick donate   quick donate Empty2009-10-22, 03:17

Yeah I'll drop in a few dollars either today or tomorrow as I said before. Incentives may be good such as the message or reserved server slots for donators/highest donators
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

quick donate Empty
PostSubject: Re: quick donate   quick donate Empty

Back to top Go down

quick donate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ðead Øn Årrival :: The GunGame Server :: GunGame General Discussion-
Jump to: