Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Master Plan

Go down 
+9
Woffle'
im the new guy
ADMIN
Thy Devourer
Viprus
Tha Snowmann
openfj0re
grievous
fodder
13 posters
AuthorMessage
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 01:57

A second server is part of the master plan. I'll outline part of the master plan guys, can't give you all of it, cos you don't really have a high enuff security clearance, and if I told you then I would have to kill you.

We want 2 gg servers and a gg scrim server.

We want the no1 server to be locked and passworded and the 2nd will be public. Locked server is also cheaper. We want all the regs on the locked server, once we settle down we have shtloads of cool regs eh. Heaps guys ppl wouldnt even think of cos they dont talk or type. We will use the second server to constantly feed cool players into the the no1 server. We need hundreds on that list to make it busy so it would take a bit to get there, but not rly very long.

Guys usin mic especially are normally pretty easy to pick if they are pretty cool or not eh, and mic usage would be recomended for that purpose.

No1 would not have anti camp on it, and NOTHING poor would be tolerated, like fk around and bang 7 day ban etc. Hassle gathering all the steam ids at 1st, but then it would just be a matter of no2 constantly feeding no1. Hassle is we ( me geoff and volunteers ) would have to monitor the no2 all the time to set the standards and feed guys thru to no1. There should only be cool players on no1, with very little hassles, or camping, no dickheads, admins not having to battle hassles, no hackers, spammers etc.

Theres a few regs on the server that certainly wouldnt get in eh. It would also be seen as very cool to be allowed in so it would be easy to set the rules and say, "well to get in you must be this and that etc" Friends could be given password or invited long as shit was explained to them bout behaviour etc.

Something would be set up to stop ppl getting in uninvited, and even tho it would have hundreds of players guys would recognise a new dude and it would be like "who let u in?"

All invited players would have to read the rules to get in on the forums which would increase traffic on the forums as well, and guys wanting to get in would read up as well adding more forum traffic. This is neccessary as we want to generate some revenue from forums and servers to pay for themselves thru advertising. Revenue will basically be based on how much traffic there is. (which Waffle is in charge of).

Cool players will constantly get admin on server2, and they along with other cool players will feed no1, altho the admins wont then get admin on no1. No1 admins will have admin on both servers and no2 admins remain just that.

Reading this, guys will have a heaps of questions, and I reckon we have tossed them all around lol. This idea I 1st had over a year ago so we been discussing it a long time eh.

If we can run it all then a third gg server would be cool, a fun server, like paintball, deathrays, mad music, maybe gameswitch to vanilla etc, dunno bout that one yet.

Theres more detail but thats the gutz of it, I reckon the no1 would then be cool and laid back, less angst and aggro, less diks, less hassles, no hackers.

GUNGAME UTOPIA Cool
Back to top Go down
grievous

grievous

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 02:37

Sounds like an awesome plan fodder.

If someone invites someone to join the new server, maybe they have to write a real quick post about it before the person can play on the server, with just some standard info, that will take 1-2mins to write. If someone can't be bothered to spend 1-2mins to fill out a quick app, then the person doesn't really care about that person they "wanted" to invite?

Or, I don't know if possible, someone wants to invite someone, then they get their steam id. That person's steam ID gets added to a list that the server allows them to play on? So you join the server, enter password, server screens steam id? then all sweet, if not, ban for 10 mins? so that people always don't try to keep spam connecting?

Anyways, just a couple ideas that popped up in my head, while I was reading your post.

Another note, if the third scrim server becomes available, that would be fkn awesome.
Back to top Go down
openfj0re

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 03:16

sounds like an epic idea fod, hope it takes off Smile
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 03:35

yeah man that does sound pretty bloody good.
we will need to still constantly have good regs (pref admins) that know the way of the server playing the second server to keep an eye out for the cool regs and all that.

the only thing is if we ALL decide to play the no1 server then that will leave the 2nd one open to wankers so yeah does still need to be monitored.

I do like grievs idea about people who get invited to play on the no1 server need to fill out a form thing on the forums (more traffic so more money ftw! Very Happy)

Might have to change the password for the 1st server ever month or something if 'unwanted' people keep getting in and so forth or someone keeps spamming out the password to randoms.
just a thought there...
Back to top Go down
Viprus

Viprus

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 04:09

nice idea.
IMO start collecting steam id's now in a forum thread?
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 04:36

if we do collect them in on the forums it needs to be in a 'secure' place where randoms without a log in cannot see them. Or maybe gather them in the admin section???
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 04:47

Very smart idea fodder wd. I see it working, not many ways in which it cant...
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 08:01

I'll start getting the steam IDs in game, most we can pull from the ranks.

Really though posting ya steam ID isn't something you should worry about being posted, since anyone can get your steam ID in game, nothing they can do with it either unless they want to ban you from their server.
Back to top Go down
im the new guy

im the new guy

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 10:12

Instead of having a fully passworded server, why not just make a simple script (eventscripts) that checks the players steam ID on connection. If the steam ID is recognised as allowed, the player can join, play etc, but if the ID is not allowed, they are redirected to the public server.
Would look something like this:

Code:

if (event_var (userid) equalto server_var(doaIDs)) do
      {
            es_xtell #multi #greenHello, welcome to DOA's Private Server!
        }
        else do
        {
            es_doblock script/blockname
        }

That isnt the correct commands or formatting, I am at work so I can't reference my own code from home, but you get the idea. You set info on the script and update it with regulars you want to allow to play on the server.

Code:

es_setinfo doaIds "STEAM:X:XXXXX ; STEAM:X:XXXXXX"

etc.

Also, with making the #1 server private... It wouldn't stay #1 for long...
I would recommend making the second server the private one, so the the #1 server will stay number one with regs/newbies joining all the time.

Anyway, just some feed back :p
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 10:26

actually that would be hell of a lot easier using the steamid match for the players joining, then we wouldnt have to worry about people handing out the password or typing in the password each time we join
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 10:51

Just need to make sure that the server can handle the request, as each time it has to search the doa members section of the script file and return a result, rather than just checking a password.
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 11:07

That was our plan New Guy, it's what we wanted to do but we didn't know how, that's fucking awesome dude, I'll get right on that, cheers dude.

Redirection is a great idea as well.

Shouldn't be a problem Woffle, our server has to check this crap all the time, every time someone kills someone ranks gotta do it's shit.

Last edited by Mutant Enemy on 2009-10-27, 14:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
im the new guy

im the new guy

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 12:24

Yeah Np Mutant. I'll get the script my mate made to force player side commands (cl, rates, connect, etc etc).
It won't mess with the server performance at all. All the steam Id's will be on the same line. Es checks per line, makes it a lot quicker.

Put it this way, what is quicker to read:

The cow jumped over the lazy dog

or

The
cow
jumped
over
the
lazy
dog
Back to top Go down
grievous

grievous

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 12:35

That's pretty awesome, I thought it would affect the performance of the server. Good work new guy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 12:53

im the new guy wrote:
Yeah Np Mutant. I'll get the script my mate made to force player side commands (cl, rates, connect, etc etc).
It won't mess with the server performance at all. All the steam Id's will be on the same line. Es checks per line, makes it a lot quicker.

Put it this way, what is quicker to read:

The cow jumped over the lazy dog

or

The
cow
jumped
over
the
lazy
dog

Password:
1160=1160 Yes

Player List:
1160=1100 No, next query
1160=1110 No, next query
1160=1120 No, next query
1160=1130 No, next query
1160=1140 No, next query
1160=1150 No, next query
1160=1160 Match

It is whats called a one to one or one to many relationship in the database world and translates to all programming due to the fact a cpu can only process one instruction at a time (without going into instruction sets). There is an inherent calculation cost per each of the requests, and a one to one relationship will always win out in performance compared to a one to many.

Just an explanation of how computers look at it Razz

It would be more of an issue though if there was anything within the ES that calls any information or locks any information in relation to the rest of the script.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 13:15

fodder wrote:
GUNGAME UTOPIA Cool

W00t w00t Very Happy
Back to top Go down

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 13:17

<==== stares blankly at screen. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 13:27

<------ stares blankly at screen....

we read about dog's, computers read about 0110010001101111011001110010011101110011
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 13:52

woffle is oh so wise Smile
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 15:12

The only problem is that if it wasn't listed as password protected, rands would assume it is a public server, and not be able to join. they would get confused and the rep of DOA servers would go down. You may need to have something in the title or have it additionally password protected?
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
Crimson

Crimson

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 15:15

crimson likes this "master plan" so much he's talking in third person.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerupdesign.org
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 15:18

Yeh new guy thanx for the input, it was an idea of ours a year ago, but yeh, an idea, didnt know how. Mutants looked into it but hasnt quite got it yet.

Yeh grieve we were gonna do it via steam IDs eh.

Don't really matter to me which server is ranked no1, so long as we got it. The server that the randoms join will become ranked no1 server. The "cool" one will be called no1. whether its ranked high or not, dont care lol.

This is the one big negative about the idea.....no rands to join a busy server and make it flat out, or a quiet one and make it busy. Thats the thing that makes a successful server. If ur busy ppl join, if ur full, ppl want in, and they always look for you when they join, so we lose that. (we've taken that position off the Duckz server)

But that will be the job of the no2 server, that will become the flat out server, and it will constantly "feed" the no1 server.

But when it starts, play it the way we do now with the two servers, if the no1 server is is quiet or empty, then join the other server, (not forgetting all the cool regs will have been "trained" in the way we do sht lol). So it'll still be a cool community based server. It gets busy, more ppl join, after a while a bunch say "lets go no1" and it kicks off.

It IS funny I reckon, the regs actually FORCE ppl to play and behave the way we like to, like, they hear every comment , ur talking to one guy, but the other 22 are hearing it, so they learn. Thats rly huge eh. (and keep it cool and calm for the same reason, the other 22 that are listening)

If it kicks off we need 100s and 100s of guys, fkn heaps, because obviously only x amount play at any one given time. So to start with, we will have to start it with a rush, but hey, I reckon I can pick shtloads of fairly cool guys that are the result of that massive increase of "randoms" we got recently.

Plus, the entry rules will be strict so our style of play is reinforced to them as they read em. Some guys you can pick as cool guys pretty bloody quickly. Gotta watch guys that dont use mic lol, they seem cool for ages, get a mic, and they are fkn diks lol. Altho its still pretty easy to pick cool guys that only type eh, cos they only type cool or nice sht.

We will have a simpler way of registering on the forum for entry to the no1 server, we don't realy want posts as such, there would be 100s 100s of them and fill up the forums lol.

If we run a script allowing ids we wont get uninviteds join much.

It will be a locked server and will show up as such in the "find servers" list, so ppl getting pissed at not joining should not be an issue.

As far as collecting IDs leave that to us, we will select the guys who qualify at first then prolly certain ppl only will have the permission to invite. All the core of cool regs will be able to invite their own friends tho, or who they REALLY like who they KNOW will fit the bill.

There's lots of detail lol, this has been a long time in the planning with a heap of dicussions of the ins and outs and not much hasn't been thought of.

Phew!, I hope I've answered all the queries so far on this topic.

Once it all happens we will have to see how it all goes I guess.

It would be absolutely and totally fkn awesome, great server with minimal hassles, good fun, good tone, lots of cool chat and laughter. The best gungame!

If it all works Cool
Back to top Go down
im the new guy

im the new guy

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 19:12

DELETED

Last edited by im the new guy on 2009-10-31, 14:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-27, 20:45

Also in the mathematics world Woffle.....stupid fucking graphing shit!
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty2009-10-28, 04:16

Hmmm Wolfram Alpha much? Razz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Master Plan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Master Plan   The Master Plan Empty

Back to top Go down

The Master Plan