Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My nets

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

My nets Empty
PostSubject: My nets   My nets Empty2009-11-05, 13:00

As anyone who has played with me when Im on my internet would know, my ping goes from tolerable to OMFG in about 4 seconds. Im on a plan where they monitor network traffic, and cap things like gaming and downloading. Basically they screw me on the only things I really use the net for. The alternative for those wondering, was roughly 3 weeks a month of dial up so bad I couldnt visit websites, and Im not exagerating. Im in the middle of Christchurch pretty much so I expected more from this plan. So I usually play late at nyt when its standable. Its kind of a hit and miss thing, sometimes I can play, others I havnt a hope in hell. When I really want ot play, I go to uni and kick arse from there.

So for those wondering, Telecom screwing its users, whats new geek

BTW, my records:
2001 ping to DOA server
1781 ping on an aussie L4D server
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

My nets Empty
PostSubject: Re: My nets   My nets Empty2009-11-05, 13:43

There is too much this could be apart from shaping, best to contact telecom and get them to confirm whether the game packets are inluded or not. From memory CS uses UDP packet types (which are also used by bittor etc) Try and find what port CS sends the game data on and then confirm with telescum if they include that in the "shaped" ports or not.

shaping is typically done on torrent port ranges, cs doesnt typically use alot of bandwidth...

End of the day, switch provider if they keep doing it. only way they will learn.
Back to top Go down
crusherop

crusherop

My nets Empty
PostSubject: Re: My nets   My nets Empty2009-11-05, 13:49

Why cant you change ISP's?
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

My nets Empty
PostSubject: Re: My nets   My nets Empty2009-11-05, 14:23

Most likely the poeple that DA lives with are telecom customers (for some reason loyal to the brand even though they fuck shit up) and too hard to get them to change.

Or it could be that, the plan DA talks about does let you download with NO CAP (apart from some MINOR bandwith shaping) so great for dl'ing great amounts of pron outside of the normal hours...

No im not with telecom, i prefer my internets fast and lots of download Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

My nets Empty
PostSubject: Re: My nets   My nets Empty2009-11-05, 15:10

Trust me, I followed up with Telecom several times. Just get the normal bs. Its the Telecom go large plan

My flatmates are to stingy to fork out for better internet, so just wait until I get a new flat
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Fletch

My nets Empty
PostSubject: Re: My nets   My nets Empty2009-11-05, 16:21

Your in chch?? We should catch up sometime and have a lan man
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

My nets Empty
PostSubject: Re: My nets   My nets Empty2009-11-05, 16:34

For some reason I keep looking at my curtains expecting to see someone
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Fletch

My nets Empty
PostSubject: Re: My nets   My nets Empty2009-11-05, 16:35

I hope that wasn't directed at me haha Suspect
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

My nets Empty
PostSubject: Re: My nets   My nets Empty2009-11-05, 16:38

I just saw my curtains rustle

lol, jokes coz
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Fletch

My nets Empty
PostSubject: Re: My nets   My nets Empty2009-11-05, 16:44

You keen for a lan sometime then man? I'll be in chch on monday - Can't do anything after 3 cos my girl finishes school and I'm spending time with her then we have champs that night, and tuesday - pretty much the same again after 3 lol.
So if your not working or doing anything during the day I'd be keen to catch up and have a game, I'll bring my laptop in lol
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

My nets Empty
PostSubject: Re: My nets   My nets Empty2009-11-05, 18:59

rofl, I've got exams monday and tuesday, I really shouldnt be doing champs but my tuesday exam is piece of cake lol
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Fletch

My nets Empty
PostSubject: Re: My nets   My nets Empty2009-11-06, 04:06

Lol sucks for you mate, I'll prob be going in again in a few weeks anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My nets Empty
PostSubject: Re: My nets   My nets Empty

Back to top Go down

My nets