Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions about O! yes circles n00b

Go down 
+2
Smurf
Devilish
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Devilish

Devilish

Questions about O! yes circles n00b Empty
PostSubject: Questions about O! yes circles n00b   Questions about O! yes circles n00b Empty2009-11-25, 15:35

lol so anyway i started to make a map and i've watchs some videos and for the love of god i can not firgure out how to make a O so the closest i've got is clicking on box. making it a cylinder but it has a top and bottom on it. ( i hollowed it -32 which what i wanted. how do you remove the top and bottom? I tired the vertex tool and moved the top but you know im pretty bad at this and the whole object missing when testing lol....anyone have a simple fast way to do this. im trying to pretty much have something that look like ( ) but a bit more round.

Sugguestions welcome...even if you say im a noob and should quit mapping Smile
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Questions about O! yes circles n00b   Questions about O! yes circles n00b Empty2009-11-25, 15:56

use the clipping tool. or make another cylinder, move it over the end for as much as you want to cut, and use the carve tool Wink
Back to top Go down
Devilish

Devilish

PostSubject: Re: Questions about O! yes circles n00b   Questions about O! yes circles n00b Empty2009-11-25, 15:57

thanks, i watch another video....archers = pro Very Happy yeah didn't think about clipping tool ill give it a try thanks smurf
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Questions about O! yes circles n00b   Questions about O! yes circles n00b Empty2009-11-25, 16:00

no problem, if you get stuck on how to do it let me know, ill write something a little more in depth haha
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

PostSubject: Re: Questions about O! yes circles n00b   Questions about O! yes circles n00b Empty2009-11-26, 17:52

Ok,you got 2 options to make a circle.

NO1:

start with your base

Questions about O! yes circles n00b Circle1

then select cube tool and select torus in the right colum
Questions about O! yes circles n00b Circle3

push enter and your torus properties comes up

Questions about O! yes circles n00b Circle4

be sure to set your rotation arc at 360,the more sides you put on the circle the better it will look.if you want a rounded top on your circular wall then click circle button,then click OK

Questions about O! yes circles n00b Circle5

you have a circle,then click the arrow tool and drag it to the height you want the wall..

NO2:

make your base then use cube tool and select arch

Questions about O! yes circles n00b Circle7

draw your area you want your circle in and set the height you want your wall
hit enter and your properties page comes up again.Set your sides to 64 and be sure to select 360 in your arc

Questions about O! yes circles n00b Circle8

then texture it how you want,another circle.

Questions about O! yes circles n00b Circle6
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
***mystic***

***mystic***

PostSubject: Re: Questions about O! yes circles n00b   Questions about O! yes circles n00b Empty2009-11-27, 15:28

Devilish wrote:
. im trying to pretty much have something that look like ( ) but a bit more round.

To make two half circles try using 2 arches laying on their sides Smile
Back to top Go down
Mutant Enemy

Mutant Enemy

PostSubject: Re: Questions about O! yes circles n00b   Questions about O! yes circles n00b Empty2009-11-27, 15:37

Or you can keep doing it the way you did it before, after you hollow it on the right side of hammer under select click solids then delete the top and bottom.

Groups is selected by default.

But I would go with the way Mystic did it...
Good Job Mystic, You've come along way...
Proud as <3
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

PostSubject: Re: Questions about O! yes circles n00b   Questions about O! yes circles n00b Empty2009-12-07, 16:05

Embarassed AWWW aint you sweet
Back to top Go down
Electron

Electron

PostSubject: Re: Questions about O! yes circles n00b   Questions about O! yes circles n00b Empty2009-12-07, 16:12

mystic r teh sex!
Back to top Go down
im the new guy

im the new guy

PostSubject: Re: Questions about O! yes circles n00b   Questions about O! yes circles n00b Empty2009-12-08, 17:14

Just choose cylinder from the block type menu down bottom left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about O! yes circles n00b   Questions about O! yes circles n00b Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about O! yes circles n00b
Page 1 of 1