Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Inclusion for the win

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

Inclusion for the win Empty
PostSubject: Inclusion for the win   Inclusion for the win Empty2009-12-19, 12:12

Been meaning to say this for awhile, just a lil point that has a lot of power.

The no1 thing about our server is the "feel". The fun, the chit chat, the humour etc.

"THE COMMUNITY"

So many newish guys say "I fkn love playin this server" You watch how fast some random makes us his preferred server and just plays his gg with us, its one of the biggest buzzes on the server for me.

I can play servers where there is no chat, only a couple dudes who are mates. I even ask a question about the server and get no response, fkn gay as. Headshot a guy and you might get "get fkd" on the mic. Gotta be a mate to get spoken to lol.

Ppl join our server, hear the chat, the fun, the humour etc, it sounds good.
It can be your 1st shot on the server and you might get a comment.

Heres the point of the post lol.

Everyone should try and make the effort to pass comments, AND USE THE PLAYERS NAME, he doesnt need to be a reg. (we do anyway, just riterating the point)

You immediarely feel a part of the server when guys are commenting using ur name. Or you have only played a couple of times and guys are saying "hey killer" when you join. It feels good to join and get that sht eh.

Its a very cool thing about our server so I'm just reinforcing it a bit eh.

Someone joins and he's bombarded with hey hey lol. Just someone sayin hey killer, not everyone goin off lol.

Also of course if they are a bit of a dik, then its awfully quiet lol, and thats as it should be too.

It's also a good way of determining someones popularity isnt it lol lol. How many guys say hey, or goodbye to you.

Anyways, I know we do this sht, but yeh, keep at it, it makes us cool Cool
Back to top Go down
bundy bear

bundy bear

PostSubject: Re: Inclusion for the win   Inclusion for the win Empty2009-12-19, 12:37

So are we turning greetings into a popularity contest? Though i understand where your coming from fod and it would be good for new players to feel included and ill try to make an effort to be nice to new players excepting wankers of course
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: Inclusion for the win   Inclusion for the win Empty2009-12-19, 12:44

fodder said

Someone joins and he's bombarded with hey hey lol. Just someone sayin hey killer, not everyone goin off lol.

Also of course if they are a bit of a dik, then its awfully quiet lol, and thats as it should be too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Inclusion for the win   Inclusion for the win Empty2009-12-19, 14:52

The reason I adopted the DOA server after I first joined was actually a couple of reasons.

My rates were all wrong, and someone (cant remember who, but I think it was mutant or 7th) went into spec and helped me put in the commands, and made sure I was going allright. Someone put effort, and actually stopped playing their game to help out someone they had never seen before. Cool as.

Then after playing a few rounds, all the chit chat was like a fkn radio show, or like being at a party where everyone is chillin and havin a laugh. It was entertaining just listening to that shit. Thats the feel that fodder is talking about. Everyone was mature and cool. the only bad things that were said was good old giving shit to your mates. It was a godsend after the nilla CSS servers I had been floating around.

I joined the server and still haven't left. I had never played GG before, and now I pretty much play nothing but GG. But it's the guys on our server, all the DOA and regs, that made me stay.

It's up to everyone to keep it alive like that, not just us DOAians, and we do, but it's worth remembering why we do it. We find new mates and cool guys because of that, and it helps make our game better. (oh, and you also got me, but you gotta take the good with the bad Wink )
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au

PostSubject: Re: Inclusion for the win   Inclusion for the win Empty2009-12-19, 17:36

Fully love it and agree with both yourself fodder and quoth, i stuck around DOA long enough to get an invite for the sheer fact, you play hard, you play fast, you dont put up with shit but most importantly of all, the "vibe" of the server, just a bunch of cool guys having fun and havin a laugh, guys at the top of leaderboard and the bottom havin fun and havin a laugh. not caring about ranks or stats or bein the best and winning, just havin fun and havin a laugh... And if fodder actually gets a kill, even better :-p

Edit: Oh, the other thing ive noticed and have been meaning to comment on is at the home page of the forum, at the bottom of the list it shows what current registered users are online, cool feature for pm'ing those you dont already have contact lists for but there also another section called guests, right now, at 11pm QLD time, there are 20 guests browsing our forums, the other night i noticed there where about 10 of us and 40 guests, not sure if anyone else has noticed this as well but it got me thinking about this very thing. There are a ton of ppl playing our server and even browsing our forums... Ive also noticed another cool feature at the same place that highlights the most recent person to register... perhaps we could all be paying atention to these names and pay particular attention to welcoming them to the forums, encourage the participation, send them a pm, "welcome to the forums, feel free to join in and have your say Very Happy "
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Inclusion for the win   Inclusion for the win Empty2009-12-19, 18:36

as for the most recent person joining, thats a wicked idea, and something to keep an eye out for, just like on the servers.

aside from that, there are bound to be about 40 bots rushing the forum at any one time. they comprise of bots that are trying to access the posts as well as the bots that haven't been able to register. be wary of what you take from the page stats Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
|BFK|NiNjA

PostSubject: Re: Inclusion for the win   Inclusion for the win Empty2010-01-09, 13:47

I JUST DONT FEEL THE LOVE N E MORE.....

AT FIRST IT WAS ALL LIKE HEY DUDE..... NICE SHOT BLAH BLAH BLAH

NOW I SAY HI 5 TIMES AND GET A GRUNT BAK IF I AM LUCKY.......

JUST WAT I THINK.....

EVEN IF U DONT LOVE ME I STILL LUV ALL U GUYS.......

BLAH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inclusion for the win   Inclusion for the win Empty

Back to top Go down

Inclusion for the win
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ðead Øn Årrival :: The GunGame Server :: GunGame General Discussion-
Jump to: