Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

goddam hackers and pms

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

goddam hackers and pms Empty
PostSubject: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty2010-01-10, 17:51

What a fkn nightmare last night with those fkn hackers. Me n geoff were doin shit at a frantic pace for a few fkn hours. Tryin to locate them, their ids their ips, banning them, tracking them, re banning them etc, I think we banned em like 35 fkn times. Restarting the server over and over cos of the crashes, reinstating the admins cos they all kept getting banned repeatedly, our remote admin panels crashing, it went on and on, every few minutes a different issue.

As well as the emotion, we were fkn raging hard I can tell you. I tell you what, you reckon we would like to meet em in real life or fkn what?? Jesus fk they would be gettin it hard I tell you, and wouldn't we love it!!! Fkn little dweebs wouldn't know what fkn hit em. RRRAAAAGGGGGGEEE

Speakin of rage I think Geoff mentioned it somewhere else.

When all hell has broken loose and we are frantically doin one thing after another, what happens????

Fkn PM after PM after PM after PM after PM after PM, fkn on and on and on. Jesus guys WTF?????

Each guy must think they are the only one talkin to us or something I dunno. Shit's hit the fan, and all these guys want to have detailed fkn discussions FFS. You think we are sittin there wanting to fkn chat or what????

In the middle of all the turmoil (and believe me me it was fkn frantic tryin to keep up with it all) it was bing bing bing bing bing bing bing, fkn pms goin off FFS. We were fkn raging eh, like "jesus fk, leave us alone fk fk fk"

It drove us insane guys. I know no one means to be a hassle but it is eh.

Wasn't just the players ingame, guys out of game and just online, fkn allsorts lol.

When the server crashes and we are tryin to restart in a hurry, we get bombarded with "server crash?" Type retry in console, refresh server, O O O O its fkn crashed obviously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is admin back????? Hit ur keybind, if you havnt got admin, then it aint back yeh??????

When the shit hits the fan WE DONT NEED OUR SCREENS FULL OF FKN PMS

IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA, A PLAN, SOME ADVICE, THEN YEH COOL, IF NOT THEN PLEASE FKN SHUSH. IT'S HARD ENUFF ALREADY!!!!!!

Sorry to be so harsh but it really drove us insane, and we were already wound up, tense, and fkn angry as. Cool
Back to top Go down
bundy bear

bundy bear

PostSubject: Re: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty2010-01-10, 18:36

you guys did a great job though even if it did cost u as much hair as seems evident in this post
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty2010-01-10, 18:46

Lol Bundy, was fkn manic stuff for a few hours eh. We were mightily pissed off Cool
Back to top Go down
bundy bear

bundy bear

PostSubject: Re: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty2010-01-10, 18:47

yea u can tell lots of ppl just went into panic i would have just gone offline to avoid the idiot factor
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty2010-01-10, 18:54

Was hard to live up to my general philososphy, which is evidenced by my avatar Very Happy

My avatar is what I want for the server too lol Smile

Like life, it's all about "balance"

I better go to bed, cos I feel a philosophical rave comin on, yin and yang and all that. If I start I'll be up till dawn Laughing
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty2010-01-11, 02:02

fodder wrote:
WE DONT NEED OUR SCREENS FULL OF FKN PMS

I lol'd Smile pm's maybe Razz

GW to fodd and geoff though Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty2010-01-11, 04:03

Yeah i agree. They did a fantastic Job. To have something like taht happen then have the server up again in the morning running at 100% was great. People see something like that and go "this server is looked after etc." people respect that.

Anyone else would have just gone fuck this and gone to bed i;ll deal with it tomoz... :p and by then it would have been too late and you would have miss the train (so to speak)

I've heard a few GSP that are having a simialar problem and there has been no way to prevent this from happening yet. Its still not 100% sure on how and what he did, all i know is that every time the server changed map it would wipe the admin list. .... Weird :S

Anywayz geoff has loaded a few new things on the server as a security checks so this should help it out a little more Smile

I noticed yesterday when we stating playing at around 9:30am after the server had been fixed it seemed to be running really well, fletch and i where pew pewing for a while then eventually it got full again. I think DOA managed to get over 100 people on that server for one day, which is an awsome effort.

Keep up the good work guys!
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty2010-01-11, 06:35

shit sounds like it really was a crazy night, i totally missed out on it all. but good work for trying to keep on top of it and getting through it.

these hackers could be a sign that DOA are getting bigger and more prominent within the GG world, making a mark out there Smile

in all seriousness is there some form of program/code/script or something that can be implemented to obtain IP's from these dudes that are hacking the server? because from an IP address im pretty sure that you can obtain their address through this.
then we can move onto fodders ideas after we get their addresses..... Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty2010-01-11, 07:26

Speaking of that i spoke with the company that the box is hosting with yesterday, they said next time it happens to let me know ASAP so i can pass this on and we can catch him in the act. From then we will be able to trace him straight from the box itself.

But hopefully it wont happen again Smile
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty2010-01-11, 08:38

Hey pyro, do you have rdp access to the boxes? Dont know about apache/python servers but iis servers have the option to log ip's connected to specific ports if required. May be possible just to turn that on and go through logs when needed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty2010-01-11, 08:41

Im with you snowy, i have a few "toys" ive been wanting to try out before i take em in the field... These sorts of guys are just the thing ive been looking for... Theres a special place reserved for hackers in hell, right next to phedaphiles and rapists... KILL'EM ALL!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty2010-01-11, 08:53

Woffle' wrote:
Hey pyro, do you have rdp access to the boxes? Dont know about apache/python servers but iis servers have the option to log ip's connected to specific ports if required. May be possible just to turn that on and go through logs when needed?

Yeah i do, didnt think of that... I'll look into it tonight and ill post my findings in a PM to yourself Fodder and Geoff so that nothing can get leaked.

Just in case...
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty2010-01-11, 09:03

Smile cheers pyro, may be able to help point you in the direction but only know a bit of iis unfortunately.

Low level traces could be automated as well but dont know the cycle cost on the cpu/ram or the i/o's to record it. Really depends on the occupancy of the server box etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty2010-01-11, 09:06

I know enough about it to set it up lol!
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty2010-01-11, 09:07

hehe fine ya bitch be like that then *sniff sniff Very Happy <3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty2010-01-11, 09:23

Haha lol... you know <3 you woffle...

Yeah im at work atm so cant do much will let ya know tonight Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: goddam hackers and pms   goddam hackers and pms Empty

Back to top Go down

goddam hackers and pms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ðead Øn Årrival :: The GunGame Server :: GunGame General Discussion-
Jump to: