Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NZ lan

Go down 
+10
Pompom
c0d3r
Vee
ScarletTourniquet
Fletch
Thy Devourer
fodder
Woffle'
WAKE UP Geoff!!
Dark Angel
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-16, 02:04

Just an idea, but since the aussies get their lan, why dont the Kiwi DOA members have one over here??
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-16, 04:36

yer guys,
why not, you would get nearly as many guys at your lan as we would get here. Getting some pictures to post on the forum would be cool as. This year we will make sure that we take a group photo with everyone in it, to put on the forum. Last year because the guys were turning up days before the real lan started, there wasn't a full group photo taken, heaps of action shots but not a clear one of everyone at the peak of the lan.

So go for it guys and get a record of it. When we both join the 21 century and get real broadband we could hold both lan's simultaneously and have a scrim type competition NZ lan guys against the AUS lan guys.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-16, 05:25

Well i vote in auckland, fletch is keen to come up here at some stage, i know that much. As for the rest dont know about Kez/Pulse/Pac.

Slicker/cod3r, crazy joe, tactix (maybe) and i (soon) are in auckland, really depends on when we can get everyone together and if someone has a house that doesnt mind cs'ers coming over for a lan.

My memory escapes me as to who else is in nz (apart from DA of course), so if the nz'ers can put up where they are from and if they have somewhere we can go that would be sweet. In the mean time will try get a hold of Kez and pulse, havent seen pac for ages.

Ohh and in nz (depending on provider) we have adsl2+ so can get a few comps to the net.

Have a couple of 4port hubs and possibly an 8port switch along with a couple of spare cat5/6 cables.
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-16, 06:11

Yeh you guys, I'm surprised you havn't done it before this, there would be a fair contingent of players from NZ on the server, and lots that play that we don't know that are Kiwis eh. Once ppl started talkin it up and it became general knowledge, we'd start hearing from more and more of them I reckon. Even a running advert across the screen could be a way of getting them all to appear.

manx is in NZ isnt he?

Woffle
Dark Angel
Fletch
Keza
Pulse
Vee
Slicker
Coder
Crazy Joe
Tactix
Zodiac killer?

Who else?

Plus your own personal mates of course, more the merrier.
Wev'e had heaps Kiwis in the past, there's a fair few I reckon. Remember Lust? He was a character lol. Cool

Last edited by fodder on 2010-01-17, 03:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-16, 07:01

Yeah but fletch doesn't count as a person Very Happy lol!
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-16, 07:22

Um, they are all Kiwis Thy, so if you say that about Fletch doesn't it stand to reason that they all dont count as um, like, you know.................. Smile
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-16, 07:30

That cause NZ'ers are gods compared to aussies.... No need to be jealous guys. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Fletch

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-16, 21:46

Thy Devourer wrote:
Yeah but fletch doesn't count as a person Very Happy lol!

I'm not a person I'M A FUCKING GOD!!! lol all jokes aside I know keza vee and pulse and can get hold of them within a day or two of each other although I'm not sure keza and pulse are as gooder friends with vee now as they used to be Neutral but yea I don't mind going up ato auckz for a lan as long as its for a few days and has plenty of piss lol
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-17, 06:40

I LOVE FLETCH
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Fletch

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-17, 08:55

I LOVE THY!!!

I know It'd be a long shot as well but if we gave plenty of notice it'd be cool to have some of the aus guys along too, flights from the east coast/tas are only a hundred or so these days which isn't a lot, and I'd really like to see you there Thy Wink
Back to top Go down
ScarletTourniquet

ScarletTourniquet

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-17, 22:07

seriously? only $100 from tas? SO THERE!!!

well... maybe... you'd have to give me heaps of notice and someone would have to let me crash =P
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-18, 03:29

i think that fletch is over exagerating, and he may of booked a bit in advance.

When i was looking to get to tas from auckland a couple of months ago it was around $400 each way as catching a plane from auckland to sydney to tas and the same back the other way. Straight to mainland would be a bit cheaper maybe $400 all up plus airport taxes.

Im sure that if you can make it there should be room somewhere to sleep scarlett Smile

need to book in advance as much as poss, oh and the other thing is that the prices that i was quoted were "in-season" so flights Jun-Oct should be cheaper. (apart from long weekends etc)
Back to top Go down
Vee

Vee

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-23, 12:11

I lan here would be great, but if it's up north I probs wont be able to get to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
c0d3r

c0d3r

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-23, 12:14

I think a NZ lan in Auckland would be just great! I'm not even sure if they've got internets in the other NZ towns Question
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Fletch

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-23, 21:40

Vee wrote:
I lan here would be great, but if it's up north I probs wont be able to get to it.

Lol fuck you vee come up with me Razz I'll stuff you in my suitcase if I have to!
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-24, 02:03

From memory (i had a couple alright) keza said he would be keen to come up but need to get it planned so he knows when/how much etc. And that if its in Auckland pulse wouldnt be able to make it (or was too much of a bitch, i cant remember).

Will need to be in the uni holidays i know that much, but when are the uni holdays to and from?

Also its not worth getting a hall for 5 people, whats our other options, anyone know of a place we can rent for a weekend? Should be cheap as its off-peak during winter period.

And yes cod3r i heard somewhere that the other towns (up north at least) have something called dial up. Dont know about anything south of the bombays, im pretty sure its just dragons and other shit like that down past there. So dont know how they get net's. Hopefully Fletch, Vee and Kez arent hideously deformed trolls or something....
Back to top Go down
Vee

Vee

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-24, 04:32

Haha good idea Fletch, pretty sure I could fit too.
If it is in Aucks I'll do my best to sort something out to get up there. All I'll need it flights really, fuck accomodation just sleep at the computer for 2 nights then fly back down Cool

And Woffle, I'm more like a goblin moster thingy, as you can see from my pictures it's mainly my face that's a bit fucked up lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-24, 04:55

Theres more kiwis on the server that wouldnt know bout this lan eh, maybe we should run an advert ingame with a forum link? Cool
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-24, 06:28

If your going to put a link, maybe use this one: tinyurl.com/doanzlan

Makes it easier to remember and type Smile
Back to top Go down
Pompom

Pompom

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-24, 10:04

oh man, i read that as "do anz lan" ... like a bunch of people from ANZ Bank in the same room lanning -__-

DAMN YOU ADVERTISING INFLUENCING MY TINY BRAINS *shakes fist in an angry manner*
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-24, 15:03

So are the people that want to come up to auckland wanting to lan in auckland or find somewhere outside of auckland, where we can be a bit louder and get a swim or two in (weather permitting).

Was thinking of possibly somewhere in the coromandel, getting a bach that has broadband so we can still play or get on the net if we have issues and yeah.

Whangamata place, $99 for a weekend per night.

Matarangi place, $130 for a weekend per night.

THere are a few other as well. Anyone got any other ideas? The only other thing i could think of was catching up at a pzero lan (can has alcohol) and lan it up there (out west).
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Fletch

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-24, 15:07

Whangamata place looks really nice, keen for a place a bit out of the way so we can get a bit rowdy haha
Back to top Go down
c0d3r

c0d3r

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-24, 16:06

Haven't been to Whangamata yet, so it sounds good.
Back to top Go down
slicker

slicker

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-24, 16:32

It would be an excellent place to be for a lan..
Hope they don't expect the place to be as spic an span as in the picture shown !!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty2010-01-25, 05:12

Sounds all good to me, I would have to sort my shit out for once tho lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NZ lan Empty
PostSubject: Re: NZ lan   NZ lan Empty

Back to top Go down

NZ lan