Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Camping Query?????????

Go down 
+4
Thy Devourer
Edgers
|BFK|NiNjA
8 posters
AuthorMessage
|BFK|NiNjA

Camping Query????????? Empty
PostSubject: Camping Query?????????   Camping Query????????? Empty2010-01-19, 12:36

Hey guys.....

this has probly been brought up before.

i was just curious 2 know whether continuously going to the roof... every round of the map count as camping?????????

on the motd it says continuously doing it is camping.....

(Some) Admin say it is ok and have no problem...

I find going 2 the roof every time, to be very repeatitive and sort of make it hard to go different ways every time when some people just hang on roof's and pick people off.....

the map i am talking about is fintrooper...

Just wanting to know the "OFFICIAL" stance on this issue...

Thanks |BFK| NiNjA
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Camping Query?????????   Camping Query????????? Empty2010-01-19, 12:43

Really does depend on the map, but going the same way everytime on any map is gay anyway. I don't see how it can be called camping on fintrooper, it's often the fastest way to get to see an enemy (besides suicide rushing right), and you can be seen easier on the roof and have more sight on the roof than running round at ground level.

Going on the roof every round though is gay, same applies to lots of maps eg the shotty ones. Mix it up a bit and rush different ways.
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

PostSubject: Re: Camping Query?????????   Camping Query????????? Empty2010-01-19, 12:46

Thats also with funtimes, some DOAs will complain that if you go up there every round it is camping. I just dont see it

I dont mind roof camping so long as its not your spawn. Thats just me though. I think you will divided views on this...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camping Query?????????   Camping Query????????? Empty2010-01-19, 13:14

Pure an simple, rush at the nearest exit closest to where you spawn, its not rocket science...
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Camping Query?????????   Camping Query????????? Empty2010-01-19, 13:46

ADMIN wrote:
CAMPING is

hiding, waiting, sitting behind boxes, corners and walls, hanging on roofs, tops

maps or back walls, or continuously doubling back into spawn.

Doing these things CONTINUOUSLY as a style of play makes you a CAMPER!

SPAWN, PRESS “W” RUN, AND DON’T STOP

That’s the best player.

We select mostly fast small maps, and we want the server to be fast, manic and fun.

Quite simply, if someone continues to go to the exact same place and wait for someone to come then its camping. roof or not.

If they are making no attempt to move around the map, its camping.

This type of camping isnt an "obvious" camping situation and its up to the individual admin at the time, however we should all have the same general view of it.
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: Camping Query?????????   Camping Query????????? Empty2010-01-19, 13:54

Ahhhh..... Some guys need to read this THOROUGHLY!!!

The reason some admins say it's ok and some say its not Ninja, is because a few have a habit of playing that way and therefore want to condone it. Wink

I say it over and over, same as the old churches, go up on the roof, have a shot and get down!! Go up there as a matter of habit and its classed as camping. WE all classed churches roof as camping. All rooves or maptops are the same. Running round the tops picking off guys below is gay, and much much easier than rushing.

I see every other roof as the same, why not? especially as some guys spawn, and go straight up every time and thers a reason they do this. Because it is an ADVANTAGE and easier to pick off guys from up there, otherwise they wouldnt have it as a CONTINUOS strategy. They are also avoiding the headlong mad rush, because its too dangerous and can be 50/50 survival or less.

I disagree that going up on the roof makes you more exposed, guys are rushing along the ground focussing on whether guys are comin at them, or are they coming round a corner or whatever, AND they have to beware of guys up top. The main focus is in FRONT of you. In funtimes, I'm not looking up thru the glass all the time to see if someones up there, but theyr'e up there pickin off ppl below tho.

It's a RUSH server, you are avoiding the rush!! Obviously

Our definition of camping is OUR definition, because on other servers, esp cs servers, you sit in the same spot for as long as you want, and thats classed as camping, Thats why we have an motd, stating OUR definition of camping.

Do not spawn and rush straight to a vantage point, eg, run to behind a box in 7ths Warehouse, behind a car in fy area, or straight up top in Drunkday.

Do it OCCASIONLY MAYBE, do it as a continuous pattern and.....................

ITS CAMPING !!!

UM, I wrote the rules, so this is the definitive answer to your question Nnja.

It is NOT a matter of opinion, THESE ARE THE RULES

Thankyou, and happy rushing

Cool
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: Camping Query?????????   Camping Query????????? Empty2010-01-19, 13:55

Hey Guys,
This is just too easy. READ THE MOTD!!! I'm sure it says the word CONTINUOUSLY. As 47 said its not rocket science and all players should know what it means. I'm sure if you don't we can bank on woffle giving us the exact dictionary meaning of it for us.

Don't care what you do just don't do it CONTINUOUSLY, or were you go just don't do it CONTINUOUSLY, I don't know about you but I can see a bit of a pattern happening here : ) Oh right its happening CONTINUOUSLY is happening CONTINUOUSLY ,CONTINUOUSLY, CONTINUOUSLY lol

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Mutant Enemy

Mutant Enemy

PostSubject: Re: Camping Query?????????   Camping Query????????? Empty2010-01-19, 17:35

47 wrote:
Pure an simple, rush at the nearest exit closest to where you spawn, its not rocket science...
Nuff said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camping Query?????????   Camping Query????????? Empty

Back to top Go down

Camping Query?????????
Page 1 of 1