Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new computer... suggestions?

Go down 
+8
crusherop
rumpig
Monster
Tha Snowmann
BrokenBos
Woffle'
icecube
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
icecube

icecube

new computer... suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-24, 13:09

hey guys. im looking at getting a new (not too high end) gaming rig.

any1 can hook me up with some ideas?? bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.cominexcomputing.com
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-24, 13:54

More info, whats it being used for, whats the budget, etc etc....

Not too high end? There is an alienware desktop that goes for around $14k US? Thats not high end compared to the dual quad core i7 processors @ ~3ghz with 64gb of ram? Or do you mean a small swappa box for say $800?

Do you need heaps of storage or just processing and ram? Do you want a motherboard that can be used to upgrade later and cheaper hardware? Do you mind a noisy computer to get better speed?

What have you seen so far? Do you have any examples of what you want so we can go from there?
Back to top Go down
icecube

icecube

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-24, 14:25

well at the moment im running:

crappy amd 64 3200+ , 2.20ghz, 1 gb ram, xp sp2,

graphics card is crap! my fps gets fucked if too many people on the server.

i want a dual core i7, idealy.... 2gb ram, not sure on MB or rest.... Case... gaming but doesnt reallly matter that much
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-24, 15:06

How much you got to spend though? i7 can be anywhere from $2500 to $5000 easy...
Back to top Go down
icecube

icecube

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-24, 15:43

really.. maybe not i7 then,,,

lol

umm id say bout 1k
Back to top Go down
BrokenBos

BrokenBos

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-24, 17:04

Product
Intel Core i7 920 Processor LGA1366 2.66GHz 8MB Cache CPU $350.00
POV 9800GT 512M DDR3 $117.00
Thermaltake Soprano RS201 Black with 430w PSU $125.00
Asus P6T LGA1366 X58 6DDR3 FSB1600(OC) RAID GBLAN 3xPCIE2.0 ATX $276.00OCZ 3G (3x1G) DDR3 PC-10666 Platinum 3G Triple Kit 1333Mhz $105.00
Western Digital 500G SATAII 7200 rpm HDD(16Mb Cache) $59.00
Total $1032.00

Take your monitor, DVD drive, mouse and keyboard from your current box and you're sweet!
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-24, 17:36

Western Digital 500G SATAII 7200 rpm HDD(16Mb Cache) $59.00

dont get that, i would suggest the WD caviar Black 640GB, its faster and run just your OS, programs and games off that and get a WD 1TB Green for storage.
yes it will cost a little bit more but it will be worth it.

i would also suggest getting 6GB or ram as well, but that will mean that you need to get a 64bit version of windows.

also prob go for an ATI 5XXX series card, you can get cheap ones that are just as good if not better then the 9800GT plus it will have DX11 and be a bit better for some future proofing.

yeah if ya can put a little bit more money into it you can get some better stuff and have more room to play around with.
alternatively you can also get an i5 which would prob be a little bit cheaper as well
Back to top Go down
BrokenBos

BrokenBos

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-24, 20:50

yeah I priced in those 3 to save a lil on the $ side of things... and I'm on the Nvidia side of things. I forgot about OS too... hopefully you're a student and can get 64bit win 7 pro for $50!
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-24, 21:47

yeah im not specifically a nvidia or ati guy but atm for a good bang for buck and to set ya self up for later on and all that i believe that the ati 5000 series cards are better atm, but if you get this comp when the new nvidia cards are out then look at them and weigh up which one would be better for you.

yeah if your a student i would suggest to get the windows 7 HP or PRO version
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-25, 00:58

Where can you get a p6t mobo for for $105 Broken?????

I've been looking at those for the last 6 months and they have pnly come down to $270.

And if you're going to get the 9800 you may as well get the 1Gb version not the 512mb.

Check ebay for stuff. There is heaps of crap on there but look for auctions and be patient and you too could win yourself some new corsair dominator 6Gb ram for $192.50 including postage. cheers Very Happy king Can you tell I'm happy about that???

If you look at the 1156 platform you have a few cheaper options with the cpu. That way you could choose i3 or i5 which are heaps cheaper. You can upgrade later when you have more money.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-25, 05:04

Monster wrote:
If you look at the 1156 platform you have a few cheaper options with the cpu. That way you could choose i3 or i5 which are heaps cheaper. You can upgrade later when you have more money.

i hope you dont mean that you can upgrade from i5 to i7 later on, coz you will need to buy a new mobo and ram.

but yeah for a budget system you can go i5 or something.
Back to top Go down
BrokenBos

BrokenBos

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-25, 11:04

reread that post monster... the 3 Gb of ram is 105...
the P6T is $276.
I just got all the prices from Umart, I'm lazy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-25, 19:28

I tried to reread it broken but I can't see any price for the p6t. Must have just skipped forward to the next price available. lol.

Snowy you can upgrade to the i7 from on the 1156 platform they have the 800 series available. The 900 series are for the 1366 platform and cost more.

Of course I am skipping straight to the 1366 so I can eventually have dual or tri gfx. Hopefully I'll have the parts and be up and runing in a couple of weeks. Who knows, I might forget what I was doing and start playing sudoku or something. Soooo tired........

Of course if you only ever plan on having one gfx card you should go for the 1156 because you can spend more on the gfx and less on the rest.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-26, 02:15

Definately get the western digital black drives that are out there at the moment. The seagate ones are around the same price for less performance.

The western digital has a 32mb cache instead of 16mb that seagate has normally.

One of the major factors of a slow system is not having a hard drive that can keep up with the ram/cpu, if it cant keep up there is no point having an expensive motherboard/cpu/ram
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-26, 07:22

Introducing the revoloution in information technology, from simple data entry to complex mathematical equations, the Apple II can handle even the most demanding program requirements... The Apple II's slim line, lightweight design allows it to used almost anywhere, simply plug it in and turn it on. And if thats not enough, the screen can process up to 8 different shades of green at any one time giving you the greatest viewing pleasure. So theres no need to look anywhere else other than to the Apple II, the future of the world...

new computer... suggestions? Apple-10
Back to top Go down
BrokenBos

BrokenBos

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-26, 12:18

ROFLMAO 47!!

Is that what you're bringing to the Brissie Lan??
Back to top Go down
rumpig

rumpig

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-26, 15:07

no thats our new dedicated server
Back to top Go down
icecube

icecube

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-26, 17:33

hahahahahhhahahhaaahhahaha Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
crusherop

crusherop

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-26, 19:18

Funny shit Laughing
Back to top Go down
Amz

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-27, 07:31

maybe you should upgrade the gpu a bit more if u can manage to find some extra cash.. and i highly suggest getting descent ram too.. i hav an i7 n ozc 6gb ram.. and whenever i push my comp the only thing that limits me atm is the ram..
Back to top Go down
supreme

supreme

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-31, 02:16

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 Black Edition Dual-Core Overclocked, 785GT Chipset, 4GB DDR3, ATI Radeon ™ HD4890, 1 TB HDD Storage.

Key Features:
•AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 Black Edition Dual Core, 2.80GHz, Overclocked up to 3.99GHz
•Genuine Microsoft® Windows 7® Home Premium
•ATI Radeon™ HD5770 1GB GDDR5
•NRG™ Approved High Performance 4 GB DDR3 RAM
•1TB of HDD Storage
•Advanced Air Cooling System
•AMD 785GT Chipset
•7.1-channel High Definition Audio
•Antec Six Hundred Gaming Case
•NRG™ Approved 500 Watt Power Supply

3D VANTAGE 7,800+
$1,399 *SRP
Back to top Go down
supreme

supreme

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-31, 02:17

thats wat im running in the second pc that i play css on
Back to top Go down
supreme

supreme

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-31, 02:20

an guys an gurls i would not go for !7 cores atm intel have f@!k up big time amd is taking over for a bit i think idk atm more info will be in soon just waiting for a friend from amd to tell me wats going on
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-31, 08:28

your friend from AMD is going to be telling you how intel fucked up...???

no offense but normally a competing company will do anything to get you to buy their products, exactly how have intel fucked up big time?? i havnt heard anything relating to this....
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty2010-01-31, 09:06

I just got my i7, dominator ram and gigabyte 3x58-ud5 mobo and I'm doing all the updates atm. Whether amd or intel is better atm won't make a difference to me cause I'm sure it will be at least a little better than my p4 with 2Gb of ram. And when I upgrade to win 7 in the next couple of months (yeah I know I should now but can't afford it) i'll have all 6Gb of ram to play with.

Everything I've read says that intel is all over amd like a rash the doctor doesn;t have a cream for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   new computer... suggestions? Empty

Back to top Go down

new computer... suggestions?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next