new computer... suggestions?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   2010-01-31, 14:17

Monster wrote:
Everything I've read says that intel is all over amd like a rash the doctor doesn;t have a cream for.

yeah thats why im wondering where the info supreme got about intel totally fucking up is all about?

back in the day, amd was better then intel but better in terms of 'bang for your buck'

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
supreme

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   2010-01-31, 19:46

Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition, 3.4Ghz, Quad Core, 512KB L2 Cache x4, 8MB L3 Cache, 45nm, Socket AM3 Ready.

Unbeatable multi-core value with AMD Phenom™ II processors. They deliver The Ultimate Visual Experience™ for high definition entertainment, advanced multitasking performance, and power-saving innovations for smaller, cooler machines that are energy efficient.

Features & Benefits:

* Smoother faster experience, even when running complex software application with native Multi-Core Technology
* Scaled performance to conserve PC power with HyperTransport 3.0 Technology
* Hear your music, not your PC with AMD PowerNow! Technology (Cool’n’Quiet Technology)
* Prevent the spread of certain viruses and strengthen your network integrity with Enhanced Virus Protection (EVP)*

to this is better then intel

Intel Core i7 Extreme 975 CPU, 3.33 GHz, 45nm, 6.4 GT/sec. QPI, 8MB L3 Cache, 256KB/core L2 cache, Quad Core, Socket LGA1366.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
supreme

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   2010-01-31, 19:52

@TABproductions3000
I would actually consider Intel falling steadily behind in CPU manufacturing. Granted, AMD CPUs were rather poor several generations ago, but the tides have started to turn (Much like Nvidia/ATI in GPU competition). AMD has been farily decent with post-Athlon series of CPUs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edgers

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   2010-01-31, 20:14

Uh oh, I smell fanboi wars.

Intel and AMD both build solid systems and both have strengths and weaknesses at different price points in the market. If a PC is built well, your everyday non fanboi user won't be able to tell the difference between what is in it let alone give a fuck.

Seriously, who cares. Depends on what you want to pay.

(But really, i7>phenom cores. Look at any benchmarking website and processing speed is one place where Intel > AMD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   2010-02-01, 03:37

true this will turn into a fanboy thing.

supreme, have you got any benchmarking stats that agree with AMD being better in terms of these two different cpu's?

but yeah i would like to know exactly how intel have totally fucked things up?? can your mate who works for amd give any insight into this? i really would like to know.

the features and benefits of the amd are the same with the intel cpu you listed.

"Smoother faster experience, even when running complex software application with native Multi-Core Technology" - same as intel, its a multicore cpus, however your software must be built specifically to support multicore processing.

"Scaled performance to conserve PC power with HyperTransport 3.0 Technology" - intel have their equivalent to this, speedstep i believe it is

"Hear your music, not your PC with AMD PowerNow! Technology (Cool’n’Quiet Technology)" - this really depends on what type of cooler you have on your cpu, a cpu doesn't make noise, its the cooler

"Prevent the spread of certain viruses and strengthen your network integrity with Enhanced Virus Protection (EVP)" - virus protection software?

this is just going by what i know, but like edgers said before, BOTH have their strengths and weaknesses and it is very hard to compare the different cpu's depending on what the end users needs are.

but yeah if you could let us know exactly how intel have fucked up that would be great as i really would like to know.

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Braddles

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   2010-04-04, 18:13

So much confusing words Razz I just can't wait to get a new computer Very Happy I need to learn what all hear numbers and words mean hah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/brad_sick
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new computer... suggestions?   

Back to top Go down

new computer... suggestions?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ðead Øn Årrival :: Off Topic :: Computer Hardware and Software-
Jump to: