FAQHomeHomeSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Preliminary Voting...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Electron

PostSubject: Preliminary Voting...   2010-01-27, 17:30

Hi Guys,

Devilish, Mystic and myself have tested all the entries tonight, and we've come to an agreement on which maps should be allowed in for public judging.

Here they are in no particular order:

xJacketx: gg_night_market - One of the reasons we are disqualifying you is the filesize. IT'S TWICE THE amount specified inthe rules!!! You need to seriously think about your choice of textures as they are most likely the killer... Also... As good as it looks... There was an entire carpark complete with 14 cars!!! Un-needed for a map on our server. We think that if you cut the filesize... Made it with brighter textures and just livened it up a little... it would be a great little map. Unfortunately: Fail

Stika: gg_doa_brickarena - Nice try for a first time map. Several things wrong with it to not pass basic criteria... It's waaaaaaay to long. I spawn and spend 30 seconds running to the other side of the map trying to navigate the maze in the middle! Not cool!!! We suggest that you remove the two sets of walls between the spawn walls and the middle block. Also. Raise up the floor on the side walkways so that it's easier to get up to the middle. Fail

Electron: gg_bewareofdog - Nice open map. Bright, limited camping issues (except for the inside parts of the tunnels - working on fix for that!), looks good. Pass

Devilish: gg_DOA_PILLARWAR - Nice. Very open. Nowhere to hide basically. Should be extremely hectic on a full server and everyone blazing away... Pass

Crimson: gg_JAILHOUSE BLUES - As much as I'd like to say yes. It's a fail from us. There are several reasons. One of the criteria for entry is that the map can't be pre-tested by any server. Unfortunately due to your map being on the DOA server already, we have to disqualify it. Sorry Crim! Fail

Now. Before anyone goes and assumes that we didn't actually test them and that only our maps made it through so that we would win. That's a load of Crock. Because of that lack of quality, and quantity, of the entries (or in one case the overquality) we've decided that we are going extend the entry time. Those that have had a map fail the criteria of this competition can rethink their entries, and remake them. Entries will close late Feb.

Stika

PostSubject: Re: Preliminary Voting...   2010-01-28, 10:54

oh...only DOA member maps got through...sus much?? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Electron

PostSubject: Re: Preliminary Voting...   2010-01-28, 14:56

Stika wrote:
oh...only DOA member maps got through...sus much?? Razz

Electron wrote:
Now. Before anyone goes and assumes that we didn't actually test them and that only our maps made it through so that we would win. That's a load of Crock.
Read my whole post before making assumptions...

This is serious business! /sarcasm

On another note... Did you take the advice we offered? And will you be re-entering your map?

Stika

PostSubject: Re: Preliminary Voting...   2010-01-29, 08:12

Yes I was only joking, I will edit my map over the weekend and re submit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preliminary Voting...   

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Voting...
Page 1 of 1