Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P

Go down 
+5
rumpig
Woffle'
c0d3r
Tha Snowmann
Braddles
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Braddles

Braddles

Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty
PostSubject: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-16, 06:18

Getting this computer!!!

http://www.dcomponline.com.au/productview.asp?proid=7775

What do you think? Pretty good value for cash eh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brad_sick
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-16, 06:27

any reason as to why your getting a prebuilt system?

what made you choose this?
Back to top Go down
c0d3r

c0d3r

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-16, 06:35

Looks like a decent system except for the part where no operating system is included.

We bought me a pre-built system at the start of last year and we have replaced/upgraded almost everything except for the box and the motherboard.

Pretty box Smile
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-16, 07:49

Case CASE CASE NOT BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy and no computer CASE is pretty, unless it has flowers and stuff on it, in which case its a box. Smile [/rant]

What sort of budget are you looking at? Are you just going to be using it for games?
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-16, 08:19

personally i think you could get a better comp by building it yourself, plus chances are they will be using pretty shit no name stuff just like the power supply. i would also get a better video card as well then whats there
Back to top Go down
c0d3r

c0d3r

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-16, 09:15

Box/case same thing. The computer case is ruggedly handsome then Razz

"Nice" is such a generic term for "its ok, but not awesome".
Back to top Go down
rumpig

rumpig

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-16, 10:30

my case looks sexy it has rum on it..lol
Back to top Go down
I Get Killed

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-16, 10:33

He ended up getting a different case, better motherboard and an i7 processor.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=profi
I Get Killed

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-16, 10:33

He got this case, with pretty lights and fans:

http://www.dcomponline.com.au/productview.asp?proid=7778
Back to top Go down
spawnage

spawnage

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-16, 11:32

Sif not build your own system- tis the only way to go.

Better choice with the second one. You need some more neons though Razz
Back to top Go down
I Get Killed

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-16, 11:59

He got neons on the top (2 fans) at the back (1 fan) on the left hand side (big mother effing fan) oh and on the front fan theres neon as well. ha.

He bought the parts and my brother built it for him - Does that count? Razz
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-16, 13:17

so wait that place where he bought the comp from they dont actually build it for you?

thats pretty gay when they are selling a package deal...
Back to top Go down
I Get Killed

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-16, 13:23

they can, if you want to wait...but my brother was much faster Razz
Back to top Go down
spawnage

spawnage

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-16, 13:37

I Get Killed wrote:
He got neons on the top (2 fans) at the back (1 fan) on the left hand side (big mother effing fan) oh and on the front fan theres neon as well

Case point. More neons, damnit. Haha.

And as for buying a "build-it-yourself" package, that just seems so n00b, especially since I can build a better system for about the same price --shrugs--
Back to top Go down
Amz

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-16, 17:20

yeah definately agree with snowy.. you can either get a beastier comp. or u can save cash if u build it urself, put you can actually build ur comp for what u want and wats important to you, because a lot of prebuilt systems highlight thier high performance parts but dont tell you about the shit stuff they have in there.. which can limit its performance in the end..

and and and get this case http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/microsite4/x2000.html .. never had a better case.. i love it so much
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-16, 21:13

Haha, yes rum, your case is awesome... As for buying generic "pre built" machines... you gota be careful of the obvious, e.g. what cpu is it running as well as graphics...? am i wrong? these 2 are the determining factor in how "pleased you will be with the overall performace of the machine...? my 2c...
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-17, 01:20

nice case amz, i want something like that however braddles would of spent half his budget JUST on the case Very Happy

Some of the pre-packaged (not built) deals are okay, main thing is to make sure the motherboard is decent, if it is then anything can be upgraded from there. The cheaper motherboards normally have limited cpu and memory support lists meaning in 2-3 years when you want to upgrade your limited to shittier stuff. Not saying you need an x58 classified but something better than a $200-$300 board anyway.
Back to top Go down
Amz

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-17, 07:03

mm i find that pretty much everything atm can limit each other.. like woff said good bad mobo will limit cpu and ram but bad cpu will limit ram and gpu and then again bad ram will limit cpu and gpu and then once again bad gpu will limit well will limit ur fps.. and then bad psu wont power all ur awesome shit.. then bad case and cooling will also limit everything!!
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-17, 07:08

also: bad hdd limits everything and bad mobo limits hdd
Back to top Go down
Braddles

Braddles

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-17, 08:34

Well it's now up and running it and is fucking awesome Very Happy hahaha loveeeeee it Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brad_sick
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-17, 10:05

yeah the main thing that actually limits a computer these days is actually the HDD, even an old computer will feel faster with a SSD, i hightly reccomend that if your buying a computer these days taht you get yourself a SSD. well worth the money spent on one!
Back to top Go down
spawnage

spawnage

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty2010-04-17, 13:30

So true.

Nice case as well, amz. PC case gear also has some shiny and unusual stuff --shrugs--
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P   Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting my new computer today :D I think... :P
Page 1 of 1