Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scopes on guns...

Go down 
+5
rumpig
Reaper
BrokenBos
c0d3r
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Scopes on guns... Empty
PostSubject: Scopes on guns...   Scopes on guns... Empty2010-04-27, 09:05

Pregnant Ferret wrote:
wow 47 - scopes on everything!!! U fucking lamo Razz

BrokenBos wrote:
47 wrote:
But what i do know, is ex boyfriends and happen to have just the right amount of "persuasion" when it comes to telling them to FUCK OFF!!!

with the size of those scopes you should be able to persuade this ex in Melbourne from your place 47.... I hope when you go hunting you don't use them... scopes are for nublets!!! lol

I thought it best not too derail uver's thread so il stir shit here instead Very Happy

Ok... well, there seems to be some conjecture about the use of scopes on rifles when hunting... I use scopes for a number or reasons, the first being the humane aspect of culling feral animals, theres is nothing more disheartening then a slow and painful death for an animal, yes they may be ferrel and an un wanted pest but that does not justify them suffering (unles its a pig). A scope enables a much more effective chance of a "clean" kill and is much more satisfying.

The second reason is becuase i also shoot as a competitive sport and with a rilfe that has an effective range of about a 1k, too NOT use a scope would like using a Ferrarii as a golf cart in a game of mini golf, youd just be a tosser!

So criticise me and ridicule my choices if you must but please bare in mind, Ive been shooting since i was a kid, i know guns like Boogie knows ice breaka bottles and garden hoses Razz you can have your no scope and il have my scoped rifles, il have you dead before you even hear the shot, care to take me on...? Twisted Evil

...............................................................................................
....................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................

Back to top Go down
Reaper

Reaper

Scopes on guns... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scopes on guns...   Scopes on guns... Empty2010-04-28, 08:56

1: Pretty sure silencers are illegal. And 2: My old man is looking into F class competitive shooting 47. He's got a hard on for a 6.5x284. Now he just the needs the dough.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

Scopes on guns... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scopes on guns...   Scopes on guns... Empty2010-04-28, 09:47

Reaper wrote:
1: Pretty sure silencers are illegal. And 2: My old man is looking into F class competitive shooting 47. He's got a hard on for a 6.5x284. Now he just the needs the dough.
O'rlly?

NZ Police Arms Handbook wrote:

1. See Section 2, Arms Act 1983; A silencer, if it is designed or intended to be an integral part
of a pistol, restricted weapon or MSSA is a “part”, and as such a permit to import is
required under Section 18(2), Arms Act 1983 for the purpose of Section 16, Arms Act 1983.

2. “Special Reasons” must be given by the applicant.

Not illegal in NZ Smile Just hard to get hehe..
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Scopes on guns... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scopes on guns...   Scopes on guns... Empty2010-04-28, 10:16

Its not a silencer, its a supressor, makes it go from a big boom, to a little boom, and reduces recoil.
Back to top Go down
c0d3r

c0d3r

Scopes on guns... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scopes on guns...   Scopes on guns... Empty2010-04-28, 10:21

And it takes away some of the precision of the gun.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

Scopes on guns... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scopes on guns...   Scopes on guns... Empty2010-04-28, 10:31

well the nz police firearms manual doesnt mention supressor at all from what i could see, closest thing is a silencer
Back to top Go down

Scopes on guns... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scopes on guns...   Scopes on guns... Empty2010-04-28, 12:42

oh dang, thats right, you guys over there are allowed supressors... they got banned here in oz some time ago... I dont supose if i slip you a few bucks (probly more like hundreds) you could send me one over for my .308? THat would be fkn wicked...

-edit

c0d3r wrote:
And it takes away some of the precision of the gun.

WHo cares when i can ice the neighbours cat in peace from 5 metres away Twisted Evil Razz

Last edited by 47 on 2010-04-28, 12:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
c0d3r

c0d3r

Scopes on guns... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scopes on guns...   Scopes on guns... Empty2010-04-28, 12:46

lol 47, I hope never to live next door to you Razz
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Scopes on guns... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scopes on guns...   Scopes on guns... Empty2010-04-28, 13:37

My fathers gun is nicknamed "Sneaky Gun" as hes blown away deer in a padoc with houses on either side without any attention. The stories goes it was 25 seconds from the gun going off to the deer being on the back and they were gone Razz
My family have lots of old hunting stories like that, Ive been part of some of them, awesome fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scopes on guns... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scopes on guns...   Scopes on guns... Empty

Back to top Go down

Scopes on guns...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ðead Øn Årrival :: Off Topic :: Off Topic Rants and Rambles.-
Jump to: