đead ěn ┼rrival

FAQHomeHomeSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Macca's Rage!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Electron

PostSubject: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 05:28

So last night, I was working late on an install job (the company I work for sub-contracts for Checkpoint - also known as the alarm gates at coles/woolies), and we didn't finish till 2 this morning...

anywho... we went out for foods and the only thing "open" nearby was maccas...

it's a 24 hour drive thru so we thought we would walk it (5 of us)

the order terminal is done by a sensor in the ground which reacts to a car...
so i had to walk back the the carpark, get my ute, drive it around, park it on the spot...

terminal comes straight to life...
"what can i get you tonight?"

I wasn't actually too hungry, and the other guys were all just standing around waiting to order, so i turned the car off, and hopped out...

my boss walks over to the thing and orders his food...

"sorry you have to be in a car to order..."

This is a big UP YOURS to all macdonalds stores...
Not only is your food Mc'Shit, your service is not with a smile, and is completely rediculous...
Never am I going to try and eat at mc'crappers again...

Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 05:37

1 Its a magnetic sensor that detects your car
B: Got any idea the disruption and damage walk in customers do, not to mention the threat to employee safety and their own safety. Ive seen people bowled over in drive thru attempting to walk through, seen someone taken to hospital in an ambulance
3 You try smiling after spending a nyt of people treating you like your lower than somthing I pigs trodden in

Number of customers Ive nearly punched out in overnyt drive thru is staggering. Were underpaid, treated like shit every which way we turn, and unless you've worked the job, you cant understand how bad it is.

Everyone should have to work fast food in their lives, as it would really change their opinions, god knows with some insight we might get treated well enough to smile and be nice to customers.

anti-rant over
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Electron

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 06:23

1, B, 3? Learn to count much? Smile

I have no problems with it being a drive thru only, but you have to be in your car to order? Wtf is with that shit?

Also, it was 2 in the morning, not another car to be seen in sight, we were the only people for ages... No chance of us being hurt/bowled over etc...

Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 06:48

Started A,B,C, then went to 1,2,3. Forgot to change B, leave me alone, I was up at 5 this morning to go work at mcshits
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Electron

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 06:55

That's shit... Get a real job mebbe Razz

I was in bed at 3 from the install job, woke up at 6 from my sisters car, at 7 from my alarm which i forgot to turn off, at 8 where i just said screw it i'll get up... and now I'm at work... the only tech in the office... and have more of the same install shit tonight... it's well poop!

c0d3r

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 07:00

Get a real job mebbe Electron Razz 9-5 ftw!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Electron

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 07:05

Haha...

830-5 are my normal hours...

But being in IT you have to be flexible...
Some days we work till 2 in the morning... like last night...
Other day I work will 3 in the afternoon then go home cos there's no work...

It wouldn't be so bad if the job wasn't such a big fuckup...

Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 07:05

Fuck going back to overnyts, and why would I give up a cruisy job, thats guaranteed and flexible while Im studying??? No matter what the economic climate does, people still going to eat Maccas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woffle'
đě┼ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 07:10

electron, coder is in IT too Razz

Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 07:23

And I are studying IT, too inexperienced to be of any use out there in the big wide world yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woffle'
đě┼ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 07:25

and aparantly im a closet coder Razz but have been using and doing it stuff for a long time

Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 07:38

Sure, thats all your closeted about woffle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Electron

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 07:39

She is?
How nice Smile
Our company dynamics are vastly different then...

Can I ask why you are studying DA? Seeing as most problems in IT can be solved with a little lateral thinking and some google work...
The only way you get experience is by getting out there in the big wide world and applying yourself... You don't need to have a piece of paper which says you spent 3/4 years in some institution learning about how it all works... Because to be quite honest, all the shit they teach you at Uni means diddly squat out in the real world...

We had a Uni Graduate employed here a few months ago, unfortunately he had to leave to work in rural to extend his visa but that's another story. He admitted that working with us is completely different to what they teach. They don't teach you how to interact with clients. What to do when things don't happen the way they should. They don't teach you practical stuff...

Tha Snowmann
|đě┼| Leader

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 07:51

and which is the way im trying to teach my students!

i agree that a degree can only teach you so much, its all good knowing about it but unless you can actually apply these techniques and use some imitative then your just going to start over once in industry

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
c0d3r

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 07:55

Electron - as valuable as experience is, a lot of companies still require a tertiary qualification and at least 1-2 years experience if you're applying for a junior or grad position. The stuff they teach at uni lays the groundwork for what is to come in your later professional life - they can't teach you everything in a matter of 3 years. This is where the industry experience comes in handy.

I totally agree with you that they don't teach the soft skills required by IT professionals and I would like to see that introduced into the system. We have many brilliant developers here who can't keep a decent conversation going because of a lack of social skills but they can produce mean-as & awesome programs/code.

Electron - I am in IT. I am a software developer hence the "c0d3r" name Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 08:33

Electron wrote:

I have no problems with it being a drive thru only, but you have to be in your car to order? Wtf is with that shit?

hmmm... mayby becuase its a FUCKING DRIVE THRU you dumb fuck, what else would you expect...? Its people that get these funnny ideas that their special and shit and dont need to follow protocol that make me fuckn rage, especially being in and industry where its the oposite, i work in a mechanics workshop, the amount of people that thinks is a drive thru service or park you car right in the workshop entrance workshop... it fucking shits me to fucking tears... I whole hartedly supoort you on this DA, if people cant follow some simple basics understandings then fuck em, get your food elase where and take your peice of shit car with you, its blocking my driveway!!!! that is all Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 08:35

You need qualification to get the job to get the experience to get the ability to apply lateral thinking to problems that your learning gave you the tools to solve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
c0d3r

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 08:41

Someone get 47 a Big Mac Meal to calm him the hell down! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 08:54

haha Coder, i actually hate macca's, ever since they super-sized their prices and leaned out the content ive gone to hungry jacks, "the burgers are better and hungry jacks" kGO!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
c0d3r

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 08:59

Wtf is Hungry Jacks?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tha Snowmann
|đě┼| Leader

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 09:05

Hungry Jacks is Burger King, Burger King is Hungry jacks Razz

i cant even remember if i saw a BK or HJ when i went over to NZ...

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woffle'
đě┼ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 09:18

BK is in nz, not HJ though. there are heaps of BK up auckland dont know bout south island though.

c0d3r

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 09:18

Yeah, we have BK here. BK is gooooooood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   2010-05-12, 09:29

BK = Hungry Jacks. The Name Burger King was taken in aus, coz they convicts and all they stole the name from the americans, dah, so they adopted the name hungry jacks. And I dont actually eat Mc Ds food, I eat Mc Cafe bacause its like 100x better and the girls are way hotter. BK is good, KFC is greasy, cooking food is bestest. And we still serve people after hours, we refitted our front door so we can take walk in orders there. Alot of resturants have banned it outright due to damage. For example, we have had menu boards kicked in, drive thru window punched out, I've been swung at through the security window (I grabbed his arm and introduced his forehead to the metal edging of the window). Its a matter of a few ruining it for the rest, but rules are rules, and Mc D's are sticklers for rules
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Macca's Rage!   

Back to top Go down

Macca's Rage!
Page 1 of 1