Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Counter-Strike: Source Beta

Go down 
+7
slicker
Braddles
Dark Angel
c0d3r
Fletch
Thy Devourer
Tha Snowmann
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Counter-Strike: Source Beta Empty
PostSubject: Counter-Strike: Source Beta   Counter-Strike: Source Beta Empty2010-05-18, 06:50

OK so some of you might know about this some of you might not.
But there is an update coming to CSS with a whole new set of features and achievements.

Counter Strike: Source Beta
Quote :
Features new to the beta
-144 achievements added
-New lifetime player stats and summary screens
-New match player stats and summary screens
-New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
-Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
-New cinematic death camera
-New domination and revenge system
-Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display
-Incorporated many source engine updates

So this should be pretty decent when it comes out, i like the idea of achievements Smile
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

PostSubject: Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta   Counter-Strike: Source Beta Empty2010-05-18, 07:18

Yeah all thats well and good snowy but i hear they are taking out air accl!

FUCK FUCK FUCK RAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE NOP BHOPPING RAGE RAGE RAGE *SMASHES DOG WITH LEAD PIPE* RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I didn't smash the dog but you can feel my rage ;D

Last edited by Thy Devourer on 2010-05-19, 08:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta   Counter-Strike: Source Beta Empty2010-05-18, 07:21

Omg so Thy's actually going back to sucking at cs:s now? Far out clear the room before his head explodes everyone!
Back to top Go down
c0d3r

c0d3r

PostSubject: Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta   Counter-Strike: Source Beta Empty2010-05-18, 07:31

I have CSS:Beta. Its pretty cool with the achievements etc. And the tab menu to see all the players & scores were very nicely updated. The MVP thing was awesome - you get sparkly stars next to your name Very Happy

Only thing that sucks is that all the available servers were not in NZ/Aus and had a ping of 300+. Also sucks that not one of my Steam friends have it so I'm stuck playing with random 15 year old kiddies.
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta   Counter-Strike: Source Beta Empty2010-05-18, 07:49

How does you get the beta??
Back to top Go down
c0d3r

c0d3r

PostSubject: Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta   Counter-Strike: Source Beta Empty2010-05-18, 07:55

There was a Steam link/ad the one morning when I opened Steam and I clicked and downloaded the content. When I got home, Slicker also wanted it but it said that the required number of beta participants was reached.

On the link that Snowy provided it says:
Quote :
Notice: Thanks for your interest. We've filled the available slots.

Now, you wait.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta   Counter-Strike: Source Beta Empty2010-05-18, 08:05

yeah that sucks, looks like it was clearly targeted to the US market for no servers in AUS/NZ Sad

hopefully when it comes out though they can keep css separate from the new beta or something??
or is it going to be a universal update to all css??

would have liked to have checked it out but looks like i can wait, just purchased AVP and the new battlefield so that will keep me busy for a little bit Razz
Back to top Go down
Braddles

Braddles

PostSubject: Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta   Counter-Strike: Source Beta Empty2010-05-18, 08:09

hmm well keep us up to date when it comes out and that. Would be cool. But do the achievements count on the GG servers and everything? :S
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brad_sick
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta   Counter-Strike: Source Beta Empty2010-05-18, 08:29

well thats the thing... will there need to be a new GG script written to comply with the new css beta?

gotta see what happens i suppose...
Back to top Go down
slicker

slicker

PostSubject: Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta   Counter-Strike: Source Beta Empty2010-05-18, 10:33

One thing I hope it does.. is support better ban systems or at least some more security against scripting and shit like that...
But as in all games I suppose some fat idiot somewhere on the globe will be sitting there... thinking AAAHAAAA .. new challenge and fuck it up for the rest of us...

You can see I've been dealing with this hacker shit for too long Razz
Back to top Go down
slicker

slicker

PostSubject: Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta   Counter-Strike: Source Beta Empty2010-05-18, 10:34

OH ye.. and this taking out air accel... This means normal css playing with no bhop and no servers for surfing maps... should be interesting.. this will bring alot of traffic again (server wise)
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta   Counter-Strike: Source Beta Empty2010-05-18, 11:01