đead ěn ┼rrival

FAQHomeHomeSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

download rates

Go down 
AuthorMessage
headshot

PostSubject: download rates   2010-06-17, 13:39

hey guys, do any of u get excited when downloading torrents and crap on how fast your download rate gets up too.
well im always cheering when mine sits on 1mb a sec, it normaly sits on around 900 to 1 mb, and odd ocation it hits 1.2 or 1.3 mb.
i full on get excited when this happens, am i the only one or does anyone else gets stoked on there speed they download at aswell, and if so, what speeds do you guys reach
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edgers

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-17, 13:44

Good to hear you get barred up over downloading something moderately quick.

Shocked

Try usenets and you might even get a load off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
headshot

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-17, 13:54

haha hey come on u know u love downloading fast, i bet someone will post in here agreeing with me Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woffle'
đě┼ VIP

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-17, 14:09

Is that 1.2MBit/s or 1.2Mbit/s?

Whats your actual connection speed from speedtest.net?

If there is something worth it, i will find the best source and then wait. Speed doesnt bother me, its quality that counts. And the fact that im not as bad as i used to be about MUST WATCH NOW!!!

headshot

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-17, 14:29

1.2mbit/s
yeah but im always in a hurry when it comes to watching movies or something so yeah, speed is good, i go off the comments if its a 10 out of 10 or sometihng like that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutant Enemy

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-17, 14:31

Yeah, I love when I peak at 160kb/s =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DiScODaGs

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-17, 18:21

yeh mine up around 150 ,160 170 kb,s,750 meg(movie) in less than a hour , yar yar yar,depending on seeders and leechers,more the quicker it is.headshot ,i got 600 gig movies,and have to use 25gig a month ,so i go hard core ,10 or 15 movies amonth,making sure i got anuff not be capped and play cs.,i space me d/l time period, of periods thru out the month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
headshot

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-17, 18:36

arr 150 kb, that sucks, mm i guess its cause im 2 mins from the exchange towers.
but yeah, i download a 700 mb movie on average bout 8 to 9 mins.
on a pluss i have tpg adsl 2 + with a 200 gig limit so im always thinking hmmmm what to dl next lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mutant Enemy

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-17, 18:46

Nice...

Normally when I pirates my music, it's downloads at about 150kb/s. that's my max speed lol, though it's not bad, depending on the size of the album (60mb-120mb usually) it takes 20 to 40 minutes.

Still would rather have them downloaded within 5 minutes >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
headshot

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-17, 18:50

arr yeah i guess thats not too bad, back when i had wireless i was lucky to hit 50kb
but mutant what downloader do u use, u should be able to get faster then that using utorrent, ill give u the specs i use in options to get the fastest out of your speed if u want?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DiScODaGs

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-17, 18:52

better get ya self a couple terabytes,yeh i only still got adsl.still got me old puter 2 yrs old,,,core duo 2 E4400 2.0GHZ/2MB ASUS P5S-MX-SE M/B 1GB KINGSTON DDR2 667MHZ 320 GB SATA 11 16MB WD HDD PIONEER 112 DVDRW ATX 420 CASE AND 22 INCH V7 LCD ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-17, 19:15

yeah, my max hits out at 150KB if seeders are good. tweaked my utorrent, but thats the best it seems to give me

"Humanity is quite amusing, when kept at a proper distance."- H. P. Lovecraft
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://quothdesign.com.au
Mutant Enemy

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-17, 19:19

That's tassie net for ya lol.

I'm only on a 1.5 plan, it's all that was available up until recently, and I use bittorrent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
headshot

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-17, 19:30

arr k yeah that sucks.
mmm yeah, go in to bittorrent options and if not already, change your number of connections, and the the number of connected peers all to 9999.
made a huge difference for me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-17, 19:38

yeah mutant, im on the same kind of plan.

Woffle pointed me in the direction af a wicked cable plan directed here in a couple of months, stupidly huge amounts of bandwidth pretty cheap, I'll try and re-find the info in case your interested.

"Humanity is quite amusing, when kept at a proper distance."- H. P. Lovecraft
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://quothdesign.com.au
Edgers

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-17, 21:32

Mutant Enemy wrote:
That's tassie net for ya lol.

I'm only on a 1.5 plan, it's all that was available up until recently, and I use bittorrent.

I regularly get upwards of 1.3/4mbit/s with torrents and steam downloads Razz . I'm only just down the road from the exchange though, with near new lines. with <4dB line attenuation and 20dB down 30dB up noise margin which puts me probably less than 800m from the exchange my lines pretty sweet Cool

50gig caps all I can afford unfortunately. I could do that in a couple of days most months
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woffle'
đě┼ VIP

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-18, 04:28

Delimiter wrote:
Available for order today, Internode announced today 15 Fibre to the the Home (FTTH) plans for the National Broadband Network (NBN) Stage 1 pilot program in Tasmania, with installations expected to be started from early July.
More information

Its available now, quite reasonable prices too, cant wait for auckland to get fibre if vector gets its way (the lines company)

Tha Snowmann
|đě┼| Leader

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-18, 04:43

yeah im still on the standard telstra cable 20mbit plan, only got 25gb of download limit but when i download through utorrent the speed varies heaps. im real happy if its going over 300 but most of the time its almost hitting 200. i do have to configure it properly though.
downloading through steam games though i get a nice 1.1mbps which is good Smile

looking at upgrading the cable though to the faster one with more download limit, thinking the 50GB plan and at least double the speed.
i find i dont really download a whole heap nowadays though, need to get myself another HDD first Razz

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Plague

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-18, 06:05

So was that bits or bytes?
When my speed isn't getting capped by a server, it usually reaches around 700-900KB (as in bytes).
Should be higher since its ADSL2+ but I live on the fringe and Telstra raped my phone connection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/its_teh_plague
Tha Snowmann
|đě┼| Leader

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-18, 06:08

300KB Sad

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
headshot

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-18, 07:48

yeah snowman, go into options at the top of utorrent, then preferences, and then bandwidth, in bandwidth the max upload rate put it on 30, if u make it so u dont upload utorrent will give u shit download speed, so u have to upload, or put it on 30 i find works best for me,
then the global max download rate,,, keep that on 0 for unlimited.
then your global max connections and your max number of connected peers,, put them both on 9999,
then click on the bit torrent tab and make sure there all ticked except the last one, for limit local peer bandwidth.
hope it helps a bit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tha Snowmann
|đě┼| Leader

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-18, 07:52

yeah will check it out later on tomorrow arvo/night when i finally get home

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edgers

PostSubject: Re: download rates   2010-06-18, 12:10

Optimizing uTor will really only get you slight improvements. A better way is to optimize your adsl profiling for your line. I'm not sure about other ISP's but internode have the option to change the profile of your connection, from high/very high reliability to high/very high speed, low ping, or a couple others. I'm not 100% on how they work, but as far as I know it's something to do sync speeds and tweaking them between performance/reliability. It works a lot better for ITU G.992.3 protocols than G.DMT. as far as I could tell with playing around with my current line and old one, so if you're on 2+ you can get a pretty big increase by playing with your profile - providing you have the line stability for it.

Also, internode have a free usenet service, so the speeds on that are incredible Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: download rates   

Back to top Go down

download rates
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
đead ěn ┼rrival :: Off Topic :: Computer Hardware and Software-
Jump to: