FAQHomeHomeSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

money money money

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fodder
|đě┼| Director

PostSubject: money money money   2008-09-15, 05:15

Hey hey guys, I have had offers from a few guys to help pay for the server(s). I have declined the offers mainly cos it was a "control" issue eh. Geoff and I don't want to lose the philosophy of the server, and were paranoid that if ppl put money in then they would then have the right to make "demands".

As far as the no1 gg server goes, it is damn hell successful, and this is not by fluke eh. There are a few reasons it is so successful, but the main one is the "philosophy" behind how it is run and managed, the tone of the server, and how much good feeling and fun there is. We have all built an awesome community, carried on from ausplayer days which was the foundation.

This CANNOT be jeopardised if we want it to remain so successful eh.

I think other dudes helping out with money would be really cool and would take the pressure off me and Geoff. Geoff and I work together in the trades and our work and money is up and down. EG, Due to crap weather I had last fri. off and today, so this week will be crap pay and the pressure is on.

If guys could chip in it would be really cool, BUT only on the understanding that it gives you no special privaledges eh. We could sell admin, but I think that is gay for a few reasons and we don't want to go there.

We like to think that everyone has input into the server, and generally respond to whatever the popular demands are anyway, especially from our more senior or popular players, and by senior, I don't mean age. We have major figures on our server who are 16, 17 or 18 eh.

The best way to chip in would be on a regular basis, monthly being ideal as all payments are monthly, but any payments would be good, monthly, weekly or just a one off only, whatever.

If you are able then any amount is a good amount, put in $50, put in $10, or put in $2. It would all help. Opening a DOA bank account would be the go. We would not make personal profit, and if we end up with more than what we need we can always use the money for cool server shit eh. Prizes for competitions or whatever, it would all go to making the server better. Also, again, the dude who puts a lot in gets no more privaledges than the dude who puts in 50 cents.

I'll chuck this idea out there and see what happens, we have no account as yet, just wait and see what the response is and the opinions that come in. What do you all think??

Sorry to keep repeating it, but don't put in cos you want to become a big figure on the server or whatever, it won't happen. We will think you are "the sex" for doin it and think your'e cool as, and it will be really appreciated, but that's it eh. HAI! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MANX

PostSubject: Re: money money money   2008-09-15, 07:48

"the sex" do we get sex for the money we put in? wah? Im confused. confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: money money money   2008-09-15, 07:57

Good Idea fods,

Manx your an idiot ROFL!

May i suggest a donation page where users can donate money via this page to support servers via pay pal? You can select how much you want to donate and jsut use a pay pal accounts its quick and easy etc.

i think its easy to set up and works well.

Regards,
Back to top Go down
Toki

PostSubject: Re: money money money   2008-09-15, 08:00

how much does the server cost to run a month?

and the easier way to say that fodder is "We are looking for donations to help run the server" which basically covers everything you said in a sentence =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: money money money   2008-09-15, 11:40

Um i think a server around 20 slots would cost about $90 a month (would taht be right fodder) + all the time you put into it etc, ull be suprised how expensive it can actually add up to.
Back to top Go down
CaMo

PostSubject: Re: money money money   2008-09-15, 11:40

HAHA toki, I am willing to help out in anyway. Just ask for an amount and i will provide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: money money money   2008-09-15, 14:32

Camo can i have 10 thousand dollars?
Back to top Go down
CaMo

PostSubject: Re: money money money   2008-09-15, 14:41

If you give me a valid reason dave Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: money money money   2008-09-15, 14:47

iam a kool kat
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|đě┼| Leader

PostSubject: Re: money money money   2008-09-17, 06:03

good idea fods,
a paypal account would be the easiest as its secure and all that.

it def is one way we can put back into the community that we have all helped to build up and keep this going for a long time.

there should def be a sticky with a link saying to donate here or a little icon on the main page

Tha Snowmann

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: money money money   2008-09-19, 14:32

I'm glad you brought this up fodder, Its something that crossed my mind every now and again. I was going to try to submit it to quadeye on the quiet, but I don't reckon it would have been excepted.

A bank account is going to be complicated, as you have to go through all the shit of creating a legal non profit organisation, so you have the paper work to take to the bank. Even if you just make another secondary personal bank account, you stil have to consider the fees involved in doing so, which are horrid. $10 a month for my business account and a little less for my personal account.

anyway, let us know how you set it up. Im more than willing to put something in for the good times we have on the server, and others have indicated likewise Very Happy

"Humanity is quite amusing, when kept at a proper distance."- H. P. Lovecraft
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://quothdesign.com.au
fodder
|đě┼| Director

PostSubject: server donations   2008-09-23, 11:44

Well done Toki, you learnt so much in your time as a forum spammer. You need to be brief, to the point, and quick, so you can move on quickly to the next inane post to be written........lol........

Nah dude, I'm like that if you havn't noticed, if I got something important to say then I like to explain all the ins and outs and reasons why etc, eh. I also need to make things clear to avoid sht before it happens too.

Money only manx, no sex. That's all you think about dude.
Stop it, you'll go blind.

And yeah Snowman, paypal etc would be way to go. God knows you can afford it too, slummin round places like Las Vegas, man we know your'e loaded eh.

Thanx for your offers lately Camo, we will see what we set up. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fodder
|đě┼| Director

PostSubject: money for Davegod   2008-09-23, 11:50

Camo, give Davegod that money dude. You said you would if he had a valid reason. Dude, seen his avatar???? He's too embarrassed to bring it up, but check out his photo closely. The medical procedures he needs are not cheap. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toki

PostSubject: Re: money money money   2008-09-23, 13:33

maybe you should let me read over your posts before you post so at the end of them you can the toki sum up of it at the end of the post
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: money money money   2008-09-23, 17:57

FODDER!!! I take offence to that! Iam proud to look like that its the image i wanted to go for, i used to look like this;

Then this;

[img][/img][img]

And iam happy how the final procedure went, alah my avatar.

Thank you very much
Back to top Go down
MANX

PostSubject: Re: money money money   2008-09-24, 07:47

Dvae go I would have stayed with the seconed one but added socks in the underpants and size "E" boobs (bigger that "D").

and fodder if there is no sex I will give significantly less money, so boo for you for turning me down.
Laughing

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tha Snowmann
|đě┼| Leader

PostSubject: Re: money money money   2008-09-24, 13:33

haha fodder, what makes you think i have lots of money........?
i dont know where your getting your facts from but you should check up on em Razz

and for the record, i wasnt "slummin" round vegas, i did it in style! in the form of a limo and playboy girls Razz hehe

cant ya just add a paypal account to one of your existing accounts fodder? and whatever money gets donated via paypal just put into the server?? im sure you could keep track of it somehow?

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: money money money   

Back to top Go down

money money money
Page 1 of 1