FAQHomeHomeSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

DOA rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fodder
|| Director

PostSubject: DOA rules   2008-10-03, 10:04

Looks like we'll hit 1500 players this month!! WOOT!!!! That's fkn awesome!!!

I reckon we must be close to calling ourselves the NO1 GunGame server on the net (australasia)..Certainly the NO1 clan server eh.

Duckz are really popular but I think they folded and have renamed their server. I don't think they are a clan server anymore, but I'm not sure. The last time I played on duckz the ranks went to 1700, but someone said it was a few months since they did their ranks. So that put us way in front popularity wise eh.

I get plenty of comment from dudes who come to our server cos its fun, ppl chat and everyone seems "cool".
Go to other gg servers, or cs servers, it's "just not the same" lol.
We have a constant stream of "randoms" too, who become cool regulars, it"s great, it's always growing.

We got such a big core of "pretty cool guys" it makes it really successful eh. That's what it's all about.

"THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!

LOL Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tha Snowmann
|| Leader

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-03, 11:28

shit thats a good effort, suppose congrats is in order for all the people who keep maintaining and operating the server. along with all the regulars who make it 'Cool" Very Happy

fodder, did you actually expect, when starting out with the server and the idea, that the server would be such a hit as what it is now?
if not, im sure its a great surprise for you Smile

Tha Snowmann

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-03, 17:51

fodder copying shane Crawford. Pfft it's just not cool when you do it. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MANX

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-04, 03:52

I thought this was going to be another thread on
"Have you read the rules? If you havn't or even if you have, you'd best read them again, because ........" speech

but it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-04, 05:35

lol sucked in manx!
Back to top Go down
MANX

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-04, 09:51

Assassin wrote:
lol sucked in manx!

ur the only one that does sucking around here assasin! Twisted Evil lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woffle'
VIP

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-05, 05:53

MANX wrote:
Assassin wrote:
lol sucked in manx!

ur the only one that does sucking around here assasin! Twisted Evil lol!

and he does it so well too........

Big ups to all the DIR/CPT/LDR's and all the players.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you thinking what im thinking?

That peanut butter and chocolate milk taste good together?

Umm no, I was thinking about how we should start taking over the world.......................

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toki

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-05, 17:13

as good as having alotta people on the server is i hate noobs i just thought id throw that out there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-06, 10:06

yer i think assassin shud get lost aswell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fodder
|| Director

PostSubject: DOAs success   2008-10-11, 08:22

Funnily enuff snowmann we did think it would be a success from the word go. It's a matter of providing what's popular I reckon, and it's also important to listen to whatever input comes from regulars and respond to it.

It's amazing how fast clans and servers come and go. When you check out new servers it's obvious they wont last long, kids bein stupid with mics or text, abuse, anger, compulsory knife fights, clan members hating each other cos they let anyone join, freezbombs, slaying, no-clipping admins flying around, all sorts admin abuse etc, etc. CYA LOL

Geoff and I discussed tons of shit bout how we'd like it to be, and all the ways we'd make it happen when we were still playin ausplayer. Then ausplayer disappeared which was fortunate for us cos we started with a good core of regulars.

It took us ages to get it together tho lol, and in the meantime Dk and some other clan started new gg servers and beat us to the punch. A fair few ausplayers were playing there, then we opened that shitbag, lag like fk 1st server. We wondered if we would attract ppl away from the other 2 gg servers it was so bad.
We were pretty busy even then when it was nearly unplayable and lagged like crazy. LOL.

We really knew then how busy we would get once the server upgraded, and we had also seen stuff on the other servers and thought "fail", we're not gonna do that. And where are they now? Where are the clans? Gone lol.

Havin a slightly older core of guys is big too, makes it way cooler I reckon. BTW, I dont mean just us "gerries" lol, altho there is a fair group of older guys, but I mean like 16 plus. Even the younger ones are cool tho, cos no one tolerates any crap and they learn that eh. I guess it must also be weird to have a bunch of dudes like me, geoff, hurri, skunk etc in the regular core. Guys in their 30s 40's and yes, in their 50's lol.

But yeah, lot's of shit makes it successful, I'd like to think it was me and geoff and mutant who made it successful, but that was just a platform. The philosophy and the rules make it work and make it able to be a success.

But all of that then builds what we got, and that's our players. How many cool fkn players do we have? Fkn hoards of em!! Nearly 1500 players this month and most of them are pretty cool. This is our biggest attraction.
Come on the server and ppl are laughin, baggin each other, chatting etc, and ppl are havin a fun time. "cool" is the word.

That's the big one.
It's our massive core of "cool" players who make it so appealing.

Watch how fast randons come on for the 1st time, and from that point on they're on all the time, instant regular, fkn awesome, that's my biggest buzz eh!!

Yes well snowman, I see I answered your post lol. Ha ha, just thought I'd use the opportunity to have a blurb about it (and having a smoke just b4 I replied was not a good idea lol), just kept rambling.

Anyway.

ALL HAIL DOA OZ GUNGAME!!!

THA COOLEST GUNGAME SERVER ON THE NET!!!!

HAI! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-11, 10:56

Hail DaveGod for reading that monsterous post!
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
VIP

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-11, 15:24

w00t for the "gerries" Razz but seriously, thanks to the leaders/founders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fodder
|| Director

PostSubject: fkn crawford   2008-10-14, 12:27

Sif I'm not cooler than Shane Crawford McLaggin.
You won't be in DOA long with that sort of attitude dude!!!!!!!

Yeah Woffle ta for the "thanx to leaders and founders", but it's also thanx to all the cool guys we have on too eh.

Apart from the dudes who keep changin their name that is!!!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tha Snowmann
|| Leader

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-14, 12:47

well yeah fodder you def answered my question Smile but its good to see that the server turned out how you wanted it to and not flop on its arse like a lot of others.
big up for everyone that has made this server and community possible Smile

Tha Snowmann

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-14, 14:03

sif threaten me fodder. i aint dun nuthin rong. i havent changed me name now have i???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fodder
|| Director

PostSubject: Mc laggin Mclaggin   2008-10-17, 22:26

If you hav'nt changed your name then my comment could'nt have been aimed at you could it?

It's not ALL about you, you know, and I think your gettin a little paranoid.

It was aimed at that Spoon dude who used to have a cool name that we all knew.

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-18, 11:59

who the f is spoon???

lol jkz woff.

<3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woffle'
VIP

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-18, 15:18

Grrr, mclaggin your nothing to me no more, sif just added you as a friend Razz

Yeah fodd, sorry bout that, if ya want me to change back will do in a sec, just say the word Smile hehe

*edit - ITS ALL AABOUUTTTTT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fodder
|| Director

PostSubject: wafflespoon   2008-10-19, 03:01

Nah mate, I would prefer you as Waffle simply cos that's what I'm used to. You have a distinctive voice too, which to most of us means....WAFFLE... soon as we hear it eh.

You wanna be spoon thats your perogative eh, but don't be surprised if everyone ignores that and calls you waffle anyway lol.

Could become a thing on the server anyway, like, how come everyone calls that dude Waffle when his name is Spoon?? lol. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-19, 04:38

I think everyone will eventually call him spoon. I'm trying to start.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woffle'
VIP

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-19, 04:55

mclaggin, only last night you were still calling me woffle rofl Smile

and yeah, i am totally used to the whole woffle spoon thing, then hearing people ask, is there a special spoon to eat waffles with?????? *sounding confused as a beached whale*

will allways be woffle Razz Distinctive voice? got told i sound like a F*%king ozzie last night............................

Prolly didnt help that i had a couple of drinks and was taking the piss of the accent at the time hehe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fodder
|| Director

PostSubject: accent?   2008-10-19, 05:11

Accent? What accent Woffle? Kiwis have an eccent, aussies dont have one eh. All aussies know that. It's just all other english speaking nations who have accents donchya know? Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woffle'
VIP

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   2008-10-19, 05:42

*** gives up ***
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DOA rules   

Back to top Go down

DOA rules