FAQHomeHomeSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Admin notice

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fodder
|| Director

PostSubject: Admin notice   2009-01-17, 04:08

Theres been a fair few complaints made to me about admin abuse lately, and I let it go for a while, but it's time to say something.

We have ben failing lately a bit, due to constant server hassles and IP changes, but otherwise wer'e pretty successful. We are told heaps that "I love playing this server". This is because of the fun way we play, which leads to a cool community to play with. It is also because our admins actually admin, unlike other servers that dont seem to run the game or control anything.

Apart from admin abuse I have my own complaints, a couple of admins seem to think admin is their little toy or something, only to be used if ur annoyed.

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO ADMINISTER THE GAME!!!!, not just be the sherrif!

Help ppl with their rates, and dont just spam text.
Answer questions related to the server. Assist ppl.
Have a dig at ppl if they are bein a prick to someone else.
Let ppl know that accidental team kills or a tk after the round is "just forgive and keep playin"
If randoms ask any of our chix their age then tell em to mind their own business. Do not tolerate comments like "bein beaten by a girl" or "I bet shes hot etc". These 3 comments are common. Obviously you know if a guy is a reg or not and certain comments are ok cos they know each other, but not cool from randoms, use your judgement.

ABUSE
Ppl that camp are campers, not fag assholes or c***s.
If you get knifed or shot down then knifed, or just killed then fkn get over it!!!! DO NOT slay or punish for that or abuse the person.

One of our most senior NaD players (and I dont mean age) was slayed and kicked and banned recently cos the admin doesnt like him. Our big name or popular dudes are super important, and if they are abused then fkn look out. I'll not only take away admin, I'll perm ban ur fkn ass. Don't give a toss who you are.

Ppl need to be warned twice by mic, and twice by text, before punishment, in case they have no sound or dont read text. And there is no need for swearing or abuse. Keep ur eye out for dudes who have recently joined, check the scores, they may not have heard all the non camping or watever chat.

Obviously if they are being total assholes or being highly abusive or disgusting, then go for it, thats different, call them a fkn dropkick or whatever and kick em.

I STRONGLY suggest all admins go to "rules of the server and admin rules" and read "the DOA server statement", also hte "advice for admins" and then use that to guide the way you admin!!!!!!!!!

One last thing, I've noticed a lot of dudes just scan long posts and dont seem to have the time or concentration span to read or absorb all the points in a text, they seem to just pick out one point or watever. Read all this and slowly, and absorb it dammit. We got a few new admins and a couple more to come, so theres plenty room to dump a few.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fodder
|| Director

PostSubject: admin   2009-01-17, 04:23

I put the above in "admin only" but also here so ppl know whats goin on. It is also good to reinforce how we want the server to roll. Also, its up to our cool regs to have a say as well, and you certainly have the power and position to point out the way we roll to dudes doin the wrong thing.

Admin is not neeed to do that, and we appreciate when the regs speak up, cos they know the score and it helps spread the message to all the rands eh Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toki

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-17, 05:18

i can assure you its not me abusing the admin considering i havent been playing =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fodder
|| Director

PostSubject: admin response   2009-01-17, 06:03

It's ok o paranoid one, I know exactly who are the duds I'm talkin bout. Altho, theres afew things mentioned there, not just abuse Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-17, 06:32

Yeah ok being kicked and banned because someone likes you is just a bit rude......

*Runs away to become a better admin*
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-17, 08:22

Lol, smurf...get ur act together. I havent played for ages so my mind is blank as to who the admins even are or what this site even is...god iam hungry
Back to top Go down
Toki

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-17, 09:02

yeah fodder i didnt actually read the whole post i read the first little paragraph about admin abuse
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woffle'
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-17, 10:18

All I can remember is:

Leaders
Captains
Skunklungs
Toki
Keza
Smurf
Spoon
Crusher?

And Im quite hungry too, mmm leftover spag Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MANX

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-17, 12:49

I like the guys that come in and say "hey (insert DOA member or NAD name here)" then sey "hello all" then its normally finished buy "this server is pretty cool" then its "(enter name here) hax" Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-17, 13:53

enter name here is viprus 99% of the time and i still don't understand why we havent perm banned that guy. He has nade hax ffs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toki

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-17, 15:41

viprus is one of the members of the champion scrim team we cant ban him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fodder
|| Director

PostSubject: focus   2009-01-18, 05:56

ADHD is such a fkn hassle to deal with!! Read all of it Toke. Even if it's in many short bursts so you can get thru it all eh. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toki

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-18, 07:38

pfft i dont have ADHD i can stay focused plenty just you tend to ramble more then is needed so i read the first line and usually get the jist of what you talk about
Back to top Go down
View user profile
openfj0re

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-18, 08:44

fodder wrote:

If randoms ask any of our chix their age then tell em to mind their own business.

OUR chicks? lol now who's being sexist :p

and yeah you need to start using dot points. maybe make a powerpoint presentation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toki

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-18, 08:58

dude fodder is from like the 1800s its in his nature to be sexist
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woffle'
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-18, 13:38

And not to know how to add bullet (dot) points to a presentation.

Although the effectiveness of bullet points does come into question when you cant stare at someone so they have the whole room looking at them. Or embarass them for falling asleep part way through the presentation. Or by drawing funny comments on their head while being asleep.

Early 1800's possibly late 1750's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
failsticks

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-29, 19:49

lol you guys... stop taking the piss outta fodder.... or at least let me join in

nah seriously, fodder is right, those with Admin need to do exactly that, Admin.

a smooth game is one where the admin doesn't have to say a thing, admittedly that generally happens when we have the regulars on, and occasionally a newbie will join and won't have read the MOTD as i am sure nobody here ever does when they join the server... or ever has for that matter.

fodder does a bang up job although those kiddies on mics* better watch out Razz

Failsticks O_o

*that reminds me.. i really have to figure out why the F**K my mic won't work in CSS anymore... stupid windows 7...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toki

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-30, 09:48

failsticks werent you ban from the server or something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fodder
|| Director

PostSubject: sexism   2009-01-30, 10:08

SEXISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dudes need to know the definition of the word "sexism" before you take any shots at me. The players on our server can be referred to as "our players". The guys who play on our server can be referred to as "our guys", which is not being sexist is it?. Similarly, if I refer to the females as "our chix" then its the same. Sexism has nothing to do with it, altho in this day and age that comes under the heading of "political correctness".......NUBS!!!

Refer to FODDERS STORIES, and read the story GIRLIE CLASS.

And then don't bother calling me sexist again ya nubs. Lets see any of you dudes could pull that shit with the same conviction, and altho you wont be able to, put the actions in the context of time that I did it.

I've given lectures at TAFE on sexism, racism, and discrimination, and as I said, today a lot of crap ppl come out with is all about political correctness, and not really about discrimination at all.

I could do 40 pages on this shit without taking a breath, but hey, I know about you young dudes and your concentration span, so I wont.

Pushed one of my buttons????? you bet!!!!!!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toki

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-30, 11:19

see fodder isnt that tough we can destroy his frame of mind with just a few words
Back to top Go down
View user profile
failsticks

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-30, 11:39

Toki wrote:
failsticks werent you ban from the server or something?

wtf? who banned me.. i wasn't there....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toki

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-30, 17:14

i dunno probably gettin ya confused with someone else
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woffle'
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   2009-01-30, 19:05

ban toli ban...........