FAQHomeHomeSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tha Snowmann
|| Leader

PostSubject: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-05, 14:16

So ive bought a new computer a while ago and im stoked as with it, however my fps in cs:s is not what i believe it should be Sad
it plays all fine and that, it hovers around the 80fps mark, sometimes dipps down to 60 or up to 100 or something. so yeah the fps are def playable.
its been like this ever since i got the new comp and installed css. hasnt really bothered me that much however i believe i should be getting more, actually a LOT more.
I can play Crysis, bioshock and several other 'high intensity graphic' games pretty sweet with 1680x1050 res and graphics on high so this is why its confusing me

These are the specs of the computer:
- Thermaltake Armor+ Case
- EVGA nForce 780i mobo
- Intel Q8400
- Corsair 8GB DDR2 8500 RAM With Corsair RAM Cooler
- Thermaltake TP 750w PSU
- Zalman 9500 CPU Cooler
- XFX 9800GTX+ 512MB DDR3
- 160GB HDD 7200RPM
- 750GB HDD 7200RPM
- 1TB HDD 7200RPM
- Pioneer DVD Burner
- Vista Ultimate 64bit

Just for the hell of it, this is the beast Razz
Still gotta add some stuff to it, gotta clean up the wires a bit more and yeah Smile

and no that is not the mouse im using, thats my old one, now have a Logitech G9 Smile

OK so here are the settings that is used within CSS:

This is the driver details for the 9800GTX+
I have a feeling i prob should update it, havnt checked if it was the latest one or not. is on the list of things to do

I also sometimes get like a lag within CSS, its not from the internet or n e thing, sorta like a computer lagg. last like 1 sec or something but at the wrong time can prove to be costly. Ive had it before on my old comp but then was gone somehow. when i first installed css it didnt do it on the new comp but now its started to. it gets annoying sometimes especially when your in the middle of shooting the shit outta someone Razz dosnt happen all that much, maybe once or twice a map.

So im pretty much asking if anyone has had the same problems or has any ideas of what it could be or has some suggestions to help fix it, it would be greatly appriciated, its just doing my head in. A lot of the technical aspects i still dont quite understand completely, but im not a complete dumbass with computer since i did build this one myself Razz

Ill be building a new desk and adding a few more things to the case including better cable management, hopefully soon so when i do ill post up a few more pics for ya Smile

Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-05, 14:33

Try changing your filtering mode to Bilinear and disable colour correction, you wont notice any difference in graphics really.

Only other thing I could think of would be your PSU but 750w should be plenty anyway, how many RAM sticks do you have?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tha Snowmann
|| Leader

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-05, 15:18

yeah shouldnt be the psu, its rated to run sli and xfire, and ive only got one gfx card in there atm
the ram is in 4 sticks of 2gb each

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-05, 16:41

Not really any suggestions but my mate has that same case, we built him a computer a lil while ago and that case rocks out loud, although we can't get one of the little lights on top near the power button to work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tha Snowmann
|| Leader

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-06, 04:16

ahh yeah i had that problem as well when i first built it. what i found was the power led connection from the front panel was a 3 pin thing where my motherboard its only 2 pin connection for it. the 3 pin power led connection from the front panel is actually a 2 pin connection however the middle connection on it has no wire or pin, its just a gap. so what you have to do is cut the front panel power led connection in half and then connect it up to the mobo if your mobo only has a 2 pin connection.
and from memory with the connection they have writing on them stating which connection is which. so when connecting them to the mobo the writing should be facing away from the mobo if you know what i mean

if thats not the problem them i know you can take the front panel off and RMA it back to thermaltake if its an actual problem with the LED itself Smile thats if you can be fucked though

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-06, 04:20

^
|
|
|
you give that much of a shit about a light???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tha Snowmann
|| Leader

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-06, 04:31

hey when you fork out a lot of money you want EVERYTHING to work! Smile
my hdd led and power led light wasnt working ad this is how i fixed it Smile if i had to RMA it i wouldnt have done it but this was an easy fix Smile

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SkUnKLuNgS

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-06, 05:41

Tou could try 182.08 drivers heaps newer than what your using. But something is up i only have a 8800gts 640 meg same settings as you same res but with 4x antialiasing and get better fps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tha Snowmann
|| Leader

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-06, 08:00

yeah last night i did update the drivers to the latest one, ill double check the number on it but im pretty sure that it is 182.08.
i turned colour correction off and i think i put the hdr to off or the middle selection.
jumped on a server, happened to be some random matrix mod server thing. was only me with 2 bots and i was getting 200fps. was thinking sweet its fixed.
i then however went onto the doa server, was full and was still getting under 100 fps Sad

i then did the stress test with the colour correction off and all that and it showed up that the average fps was 201. so thats promising. the fps was jumping a fair bit, just over 100 then was hitting 300 for a bit near the end of it. so i know i can get better fps

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woffle'
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-07, 04:28

what temp is the graphics card running at, and what voltage is set in bios compared to what the card needs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tha Snowmann
|| Leader

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-07, 07:12

ok, things like this i dont really know about.
soooo, how do i check its temp? and how do i check what voltage it is getting and how do i check what it is required?
is there an easy way of doing like, like downloading a little program or something?

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SkUnKLuNgS

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-07, 09:26

Hey snowman try http://www.hwinfo.com/ if your using 32bit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tha Snowmann
|| Leader

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-07, 13:16

ok i got that program you said spoon.
gpu temp - 60
gpu core - 738mhz
gpu mem - 1101 mhz
gpu shdr - 1836 mhz

its not coming up with the voltage that it is getting and what it needs.
or do i have to get that through the bios?

oh and i am downloading nvidia ntune as well so if i need that i have it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woffle'
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-08, 03:05

ahh just check the user manual first, tried looking for a soft copy but couldnt find one. The net only had power in wattage not voltage.

once you have the voltage have a look around bios for the voltage thats being given at the moment.

Other than that, hope you dont mind but made a post on the nz overclockers forum, they may be a bit more qualified than I to help you Smile hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tha Snowmann
|| Leader

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-08, 12:12

haha nah thats cool man, give us a link to it and ill check it out Smile

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woffle'
VIP

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-09, 10:55

overclockers.co.nz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tha Snowmann
|| Leader

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-09, 11:38

yeah but where abouts in the forum did you post it, i cant find it in the graphics card thread

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tha Snowmann
|| Leader

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   2009-03-11, 10:12

you got an account for overclockers yet? or been able to post it up yet?

fodder wrote:
Jeez you crap on 47
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(   

Back to top Go down

Not getting the FPS i deserve!! :(
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ead n rrival :: General Discussion :: Miscellaneous Counter Strike Discussion-
Jump to: