Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Server Time

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

New Server Time Empty
PostSubject: New Server Time   New Server Time Empty2009-03-21, 16:42

Hey guys,

Sorry for my no show over the last couple of weeks, been shifting house and apart from all the shit involved with doing that, I had that eternal wait for the bogens to switch on the ADSL line again to the new number.
Anyways just about all done now. I just happened to be trying to fix my old modem, and tried the ADSL line to check it, and holy shit, its on, wonder when they were going to tell me.

I am assuming the server is preforming to its normal crashy self. That being the case, I don't think anyone would argue against getting a new server provider.

The Questions are, who do we go for, how many slots, and do we bother running a scrim server?

Who we go for?.... Look guys, I wouldn't have a clue. I've had a part in getting 4 different server providers, with a total of 7 different IP addresses, and all crap. I am obviously no good at it. All I say is it must be located on the eastern seaboard, and I think they should be a well known, long standing provider, even if they are more expensive.

Slots?...... I am open to more slots, between 2 and a max of 6. Remembering that GunGame maps can be small, I don't think too many slots would run very well.

Scrim Server?.... There no doubt is a group of members that find it convenient. How many? I'm not sure but if the tendency is leaning towards, more slots with 100 tick and higher fps, then the scrim server would have to probably go to pay for it. I like the idea of having the scrim server there but if it doesn't get the use to warrant the expense then maybe we should reevaluate it.

The big problem is we need to move fast so we can have the new server running, ready to swap to without any downtime. The earlier the better. We could then advertise the new IP address for a while, so at least a fair few people know what's happening. I would of preferred at least an extra week but with fodder, mutant and myself being without the internet for a couple of weeks, it's the best we can have. The old server needs to be paid for at the end of the month I think, so that gives us 9 days, which is sweet snuff all.

Captains and leaders should give their opinions hard and fast so I can organise things as soon as possible.

Cheers
Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Viprus

Viprus

New Server Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server Time   New Server Time Empty2009-03-22, 08:50

I dont really mind if we get rid of the scrim server, nor do i mind if we get a new server provider.
Sure the server crashed a bit but i can deal with that.
But if the consensus is a new server, then all is good.
Back to top Go down
HurriKane
|ÐØÅ| Captain
HurriKane

New Server Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server Time   New Server Time Empty2009-03-24, 11:44

the current server has been crashing alot lately. It was very laggy last week as well but a crash seems to have straightened that out. Shame server has to be on the East Coast ???
Discrimination aginst W.A people once again !!!! lol joking .

I only know about WA server providors ...
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

New Server Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server Time   New Server Time Empty2009-03-31, 11:30

Thanks for your replies guys but we have missed the boat for changing server providers this month. I will organise a change 1/2 way through April so we can test and advertise the change over to the new server. On the up side the clan donations will be paying for the server this month which is really cool and a first : )

I have almost got things back to normal now, so I'll be back playing on the server and organising things again soon.

Hope to see you soon Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Sponsored content

New Server Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Server Time   New Server Time Empty

Back to top Go down

New Server Time
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ðead Øn Årrival :: Dust Bins :: Dust Bin-
Jump to: