Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Intel or AMD Athlon?

Go down 
+2
Tha Snowmann
Evil Intentions
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Intentions

Evil Intentions

Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty
PostSubject: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-03, 14:17

I have been wondering whether to get an Intel Quadcore or an AMD Athlon Quadcore for my computer. I have asked many people. The majority was Intel. I want your views. Thank you What a Face

So whats better? Intel or AMD Athlon?

- Evil Intentions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-03, 14:37

well depends on waht its for and so forth. i would suggest intel personally.

but what kind of quadcore intel CPU are you loooking at?
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-03, 15:57

really depends on what other components that you want to put with it as well, for instance the general saying is that nvidia is to intel as ati is to amd etc etc.

typically i have found that intels are better with regard to heat dissapation and they have been around longer. (I am an intel man)

You really need to talk to a system builder and make sure that all the components that your wanting will match together, if your not building it just buy any compuer on the shelf that matches your price range Razz
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-03, 16:11

Woffle' wrote:
You really need to talk to a system builder and make sure that all the components that your wanting will match together, if your not building it just buy any compuer on the shelf that matches your price range Razz
Which i would highly suggest NOT to do, as you dont get good value for money and get ripped big time.

But yeah tell us what you have or what you are getting that you want in this computer along with things that you would want.
everyone has their prefrences.
Also tell us how much your looking at spending as this can effect what you get and so forth.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Evil Intentions

Evil Intentions

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-03, 17:18

well, I do know how to save my money with computer parts. I just want to know whether an ADM Athlon Quadcore Processor will be better for my gaming then a Intel Quadcore processor. the processor I have now is a AMD Athlon Dual Core. so what ever you think is better for Gaming. Intel Quadcore or AMD Athlon Quadcore (I know there are diff ghtz and such, just give me your opinion

Cheers

- Evil Intentions
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-04, 02:58

which model, what price range and what other cards etc are you wanting to get?

Asking if AMD is better than Intel is wayy to vague to go by mate.
Back to top Go down
Evil Intentions

Evil Intentions

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-04, 11:37

well that sucks. I just want a simple answer Neutral
Back to top Go down
SkUnKLuNgS

SkUnKLuNgS

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-04, 11:47

intel definatly Smile
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-04, 13:16

i guess snowy and i arent the best people to ask eh?
Back to top Go down
Evil Intentions

Evil Intentions

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-04, 16:06

but why is Intel better? I need the facts! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slicker

slicker

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-04, 16:44

Intel !!
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-05, 04:57

how come your pushin for AMD??

if you really want AMD, then the top of the line quad AMD (dont know what it is) will most likely outperform the bottom of the line quad Intel. so unless you tell us specifically what kind of CPU your looking at getting. so for example an intel Q9550 vs AMD Phenom X4 Quad-Core 9100e. In this case the q9550 is by far way better. 2.83Ghz vs 1.8Ghz and has heaps better L2 cache.

so yeah you do need to be a LOT more specific for us to help ya out.
i still suggest Intel, its what ive always been using and i have never thought about going over to AMD.

If money permits, just go straight to an Intel Core I7 machine. Problem solved Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Evil Intentions

Evil Intentions

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-05, 12:23

my friend is a computer expert. he says all I need for my gaming is a AMD Athlon Dual Core which I don't know the name :S but its a pretty top of the range one. thanks for your help. The Majority of people pick Intel over AMD. they just never state why.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-05, 13:04

track history, the failure rate and specs2price of amd when it first came out was quite high, however consdering they have been around a few years there is less difference between the two and really comes down to the individual solution that your looking at.
Back to top Go down
Evil Intentions

Evil Intentions

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-06, 06:39

yes, thank you Woffle! Smile

I'm getting an AMD Athlon 64bit Dual Core Processor 5200+

Thank you all for your help and my lack of CPU knowledge :S

- Evil Intentions
Back to top Go down
Tbowe28

Tbowe28

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-26, 04:23

hey cant AMD run at a lower speed but still match a quicker Intel,

just putting it out there is that what happens or not
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty2009-06-26, 15:13

google it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intel or AMD Athlon?   Intel or AMD Athlon? Empty

Back to top Go down

Intel or AMD Athlon?
Page 1 of 1