Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

server crashes

Go down 
+2
Crossfade
***mystic***
6 posters
AuthorMessage
***mystic***

***mystic***

server crashes Empty
PostSubject: server crashes   server crashes Empty2009-08-30, 17:02

Not too sure whats up with the server but it's been crashing every one and a half maps since about 3pm adelaide time today.it's really unstable Sad
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
Crossfade

server crashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: server crashes   server crashes Empty2009-08-31, 09:54

Ive been playing on there for about 4 days now and it had dropped out every night so far, not once but twice. Idk wats goin on with it but i think its the server provider thats doing it.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

server crashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: server crashes   server crashes Empty2009-08-31, 10:08

i believe that Geoff said that they are looking at moving to a different server provider a few days ago. hopefully that will fix the problem (even though we keep saying that...)
is it just the fact that the servers we are selecting just cannot handle the amount of bandwidth (traffic) that the DOA server receives?
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

server crashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: server crashes   server crashes Empty2009-08-31, 11:45

Leave it to the wise directors.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

server crashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: server crashes   server crashes Empty2009-08-31, 12:13

hey guys
yes we are looking at once again changing providers. It does seem like, when we get the server up and going we ring the server's brain out. After all gungame has a hefty bandwidth requirement in it's self, and when we pack out the server and play the game as furiously as we do, most servers buckle under the pressure.

That explains the lag and choke but I am afraid that the crashes are caused by the GunGame 5 script. That's what the error logs are saying anyway. But what are the alternatives, GunGame 3? or go back to GunGame 4. GG3 apart from never crashing, gave us nothing to crow about and GG4, well that's why we went to GG5 in the first place. Our server is run on Linex which is so slow to reboot after a crash. That is a major pain and one we will avoid in the future.

The only way is to get our own box but that is either too expensive or too much work if we sub-hire some servers out to offset the cost. Hopefully GG5 will iron out the bugs so it runs without crashing. I suppose we just have to be patient f*ck it.

Cheers Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
***mystic***

***mystic***

server crashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: server crashes   server crashes Empty2009-08-31, 12:24

Thats cool,I'm a patient man,just thought i"d give ya's a heads up on the server when ya not there Very Happy Cheers
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

server crashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: server crashes   server crashes Empty2009-08-31, 15:14

Geoff, can you please email me with the spec server/vps that we are currently using and any information from the logs as to why the crash has happened? Buffer over-run, time out for calculation etc

And if possible how much is being spent on the server at the moment. Also correct me if im wrong but a cs server only uses around 10-15gb p/mo in bandwidth and at rough guestimate would only require around 10mbps max?

May be able to help work something out. (win not linux)

Cheers
Woff

(edit - pm'd my email address)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

server crashes Empty
PostSubject: Re: server crashes   server crashes Empty

Back to top Go down

server crashes
Page 1 of 1