Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is gg5 for the loss

Go down 
+6
McLaggin
Edgers
***mystic***
Jayson
Woffle'
WAKE UP Geoff!!
10 posters
AuthorMessage
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

Is gg5 for the loss Empty
PostSubject: Is gg5 for the loss   Is gg5 for the loss Empty2009-09-15, 20:11

Hey guys,
I have been looking at the error log for the server searching for the cause of the way too often crashes. And well WTF do you think it is ,mmm Oh, oh oh!!! i KNOW GUNGAME 5.

We went back to version 577 to get rid of these crashes but the retard python script has reared it's ugly head again. If the crashes were caused by one specific error or in specific area of the script I would put the time into fixing it but it's not. The errors are many and non specific to any one part of the script. So unless someone knows someone that has got the time and can fix the script (apart from me) we are left with gungame crashing when it bloody well feels like it.

We have tried gungame3 and we have reverted back to an earlier version of gungame5, all to no avail!
There is only one more option that we could venture to try, Gungame 4. Yes we had reservation about gg4 and that's why we tried gg5 but we can not have the server crashing three or four times a day especially when the server takes so long to reboot.
So we will try once again gg4 and see if that will tick the boxes better than we are at the moment. Remembering that with gg5 we aren't getting great rego and the end of game music stuffs up more often than not, so we don't see that we have much to loose in trying it.

cheers Sleep

Last edited by WAKE UP Geoff!! on 2009-10-24, 05:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Is gg5 for the loss   Is gg5 for the loss Empty2009-09-16, 05:23

Shoot me the script and will have a look through to see how much time it needs.

Along with any logs so that i can see what is happening at the crash.

amosawa@gmail.com

In the mean time sounds like loading up the gg4 is the best bet.
Back to top Go down
Jayson

PostSubject: Re: Is gg5 for the loss   Is gg5 for the loss Empty2009-09-16, 05:53

This post may be of interest to you:

http://forums.eventscripts.com/viewtopic.php?p=293216#293216

The error he posts is exactly the same error your server gets a couple of times a day.

Other than that error, the others all seem to originate from gg_turbo (Trying to do things with dead players, players not connected...)
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: Is gg5 for the loss   Is gg5 for the loss Empty2009-09-16, 12:24

Hey guys,
Cheers Jason, that will help with some of the crashes but not all, but thanks for the heads up.
Woffle, I'll send a copy of the server error log to you but you may as well download a version of gg5 from the net.
While I have you looking in Jason, do you have any idea why we are experiencing very high choke on the server. Have you heard of any problems in this regard around the traps?

cheers Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
***mystic***

***mystic***

PostSubject: Re: Is gg5 for the loss   Is gg5 for the loss Empty2009-09-17, 17:30

I'll take GG4 over crash game 5 anyday,Smile
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Is gg5 for the loss   Is gg5 for the loss Empty2009-09-20, 07:37

What are the issues with gg4? I can't remember
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Is gg5 for the loss   Is gg5 for the loss Empty2009-09-20, 09:16

bad rego from what i can tell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is gg5 for the loss   Is gg5 for the loss Empty2009-09-20, 14:36

Like it or not your gona have the same issues no matter what gungame you use.... why is this? Because ES_tools and eventsctrips and python and so complicted when something just doesnt quite work the whole system conks out.

Have you tried reloading gungame every map change in the server config.
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Is gg5 for the loss   Is gg5 for the loss Empty2009-09-21, 06:12

Out of all the gg's used on doa so far gg5 is by far my favourite. The hit registration I get on other kinds is absolutely horrid. For that, I'll put up with server crashes.
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

PostSubject: Re: Is gg5 for the loss   Is gg5 for the loss Empty2009-09-21, 12:48

I agree with mclaggin, other servers running it have horrible rego compared to DOA, and besides the crashes are ok... it goes back to shotty Very Happy
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

PostSubject: Re: Is gg5 for the loss   Is gg5 for the loss Empty2009-09-21, 14:28

***mystic*** wrote:
I'll take GG4 over crash game 5 anyday,Smile
kick the idiot who said this.the lack of rego is frustrating.Bring back crash game 5 plzzzzzzzz Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Is gg5 for the loss   Is gg5 for the loss Empty2009-09-21, 14:52

maybe what you should do is put gg5 back on so that we have better rego and all that.
yeah look it crashes on gg5 but i think most of us have got used to it.

so what you maybe might want to do is put a msg thing up for the players to let them know that its back on gg5 and that it sometimes crashes, if that be the case just rejoin as soon as the server starts back up.

coz yeah i think players would much rather better rego and dealing with it crashing sometimes
Back to top Go down
crusherop

crusherop

PostSubject: Re: Is gg5 for the loss   Is gg5 for the loss Empty2009-09-21, 15:26

What snow said.

Hope this help's Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Electron

Electron

PostSubject: Re: Is gg5 for the loss   Is gg5 for the loss Empty2009-10-14, 16:35

I'd be happy to help out in any way I can Geoff. Even if it means learning how to script in Python Razz

Woffle` wrote:
Shoot me the script and will have a look through to see how much time it needs.

Along with any logs so that i can see what is happening at the crash.
What he said Razz

I'll PM you my email address.

The offer's open Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is gg5 for the loss   Is gg5 for the loss Empty

Back to top Go down

Is gg5 for the loss
Page 1 of 1