Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TK's on last lvl of game gun

Go down 
+15
Woffle'
WAKE UP Geoff!!
c0d3r
bundy bear
openfj0re
icecube
Smurf
Tha Snowmann
Thy Devourer
fodder
Edgers
Quoth...
Electron
Stika
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stika

Stika

TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty
PostSubject: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2009-12-30, 17:34

Love the server but hate getting a tk from someone at the end of the round, couldn't find the script I was looking for but this one basically does the same thing.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=949468

Just a thought.

Stika
Back to top Go down
Electron

Electron

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2009-12-30, 17:39

Stika wrote:
hate getting a tk from someone at the end of the round

May I ask why?

It doesnt affect anything? Except your scoreboard score which no-one really looks at anyways...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2009-12-30, 17:40

haha, yeah but thats half the fun, and it gives me even greater joy to TK the rank whores at the end of round... "ah, waht you fkn kill me for" "cuase your a whore" lol, simple lol!
Back to top Go down
Stika

Stika

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2009-12-30, 18:06

It was only a suggestion
Back to top Go down
Electron

Electron

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2009-12-30, 18:23

I know, I'm just wondering why you don't like it. Don't get me wrong... I'm not having a go at you. Just asking you to clarify why you would like it implemented...
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2009-12-30, 18:32

suggestions are always welcome mate Very Happy

basically, we want the last few rounds to be exciting, and it also helps you think about where you place your nade. Unfortunately, this means anyone running in front of me when I have a shotgun is going to get the bum deal Wink essentially, we dont care if tk's happen in the server, (normally - accidentally), though a "sorry" is expected if you happen to do it to someone, or someone does it to you. After the round has finished, we allow an open slather. It is very common for people to TK their friends, or anyone else who happens to be close by. This is fine on the server, but during rounds, it's just a thing to make things more interesting at the end Very Happy

try to not get cut if people TK you, it's generally accidental and they don't want to have done it. If it is constant TK'ing at the start of the round, then the user will be kicked or banned.
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2009-12-30, 18:44

It does annoy me too sometimes, only when I'm on a real good score though which isn't often when ff comes on. It doesn't really get done that often though so meh
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2009-12-31, 01:38

Open slather now boys, at the end of every round everyone tk Stika Very Happy

Ha ha Stika, just jokes mate, its always been a thing on our server at the end of the round. Not open slather with all killing all, normally guys who know the guy they are tking and knowing that that guy wont mind. I never do it to a rand or someone who doesnt like it.

I never ever tk without checkin who it is 1st. Main thing is to make sure its not someone whos on a huge roll, like "wicked sick" or something. I did that to Reyne once, he was really pissed at me lol.

Welcome to our forums Stika Cool

Last edited by fodder on 2009-12-31, 11:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2009-12-31, 03:34

Lol Stika i think you should tk like 3 people in a row hahaha

you'll get a laugh out of it trust me. but dont do it every round or i'll kill you Very Happy

but yesh, mist regs like it... its a bit of fun and sort of a DOA thing.

Its essentially the same thing in what the admins do at the end of teh round. When they slay or slap each other... its just some fun Wink
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2009-12-31, 05:10

yeah just make sure that you DONT tk someone who is on a big roll or a killing spree! some people have tried to win the whole game without being killed, Grievous did it once but yeah if someones in that situation, i would suggest not doing it. its just a bit of fun, thats how we want to keep the server. if someone does it to you and you dont like it just say "hey man can you please not kill me" then they will leave you alone. always admin on that will watch out for things so yeah dont stress to much. we all just wanna have some fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stika

Stika

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2009-12-31, 06:29

I got no problems tk'ing anyone, im all in it for fun. It was just a suggestion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2009-12-31, 23:16

t k bya mjum!
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2010-01-01, 00:39

Wipe your chin Davegod, your'e dribbling again, go to bed Razz Cool
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2010-01-01, 07:28

Its annoyed me once or twice, only when it looks like it's possible to win with no deaths....and I get tkd Sad

But honestly the tking thing doesn't bother me, each to their own.

My 2c
Back to top Go down
icecube

icecube

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2010-01-20, 22:40

half the funnn
Back to top Go down
http://www.cominexcomputing.com
openfj0re

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2010-01-21, 06:10

I vote that we put ff back on once someone gets to nade round. Firstly, it makes nade so much easier if you don't have to worry about tking. I think pretty much all the regs and DOA members don't care if they get tked at the end of a round (except when they've got an epic streak going on). Can we get a vote for it maybe?
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2010-01-21, 06:50

They changed it? I thought ff was still on..
Back to top Go down
bundy bear

bundy bear

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2010-01-21, 11:08

true wheres the vote i think most ppl dont mind and can even enjoy a quality end of round tk
Back to top Go down
c0d3r

c0d3r

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2010-01-21, 13:16

I'd rather be TK'd than knifed by the enemy.
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2010-01-21, 16:20

Hey Guys,
We changed the ff settings because there was starting to be some tension over team killing at the end of the round and during. Most times during a round there is an apology which is cool, but at times people get pissed, especially when they are on a roll and lose there monster kill or whatever.

We looked at the reasons for having it on, and in gungame we couldn't come up with a reason. We didn't think anyone whether on nade or guns really took into consideration the likely damage they would cause their team mates when firing at the enemy. And face it, the easiest and most popular way of getting your nade kill is to lob it into a fire fight, knowing some of the enemy will have taken damage, but also knowing you may take some of your team mates out as well.

In css and all types of scrims it no doubt has an effect on game play but not in gungame where the team aspect is missing. If anyone can bring up valid, real reasons to have it, we would revisit the decision, but until that time we don't see any reason to have it on.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2010-01-21, 18:26

It doesn't affect quake-sound killstreaks. Or at least it didn't used to. Suicides also didn't used to, if you were on a monsterkill streak or something and were the last one left with 10hp or something vs 5 people, suicide and don't lose the streak. Cheap as Razz

I like the ff. It adds a bit of spice to the server when someone hits nade. Everyone has to be a little bit more careful where they're shooting and running, and it certainly takes a bit of skill out of nading (although most people don't give a shit if they nade teammates anyway Razz) I reckon it causes a lot more laughs than it does tears.
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2010-01-21, 18:34

That's news to me Edgers, thought that it did. What about a players K-D ratio, is that effected ? It doesn't effect or worry me, I rarely even check my rank but to some K-D and rank are very important.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2010-01-21, 18:36

I know 100% it didn't used to effect streaks, haven't checked it recently though. I'm pretty sure it does effect KDR but not real sure, have to check it after a score reset maybe. I say we aim for the people that care about their KDR so much Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
icecube

icecube

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2010-01-21, 18:40

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.cominexcomputing.com
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty2010-01-21, 18:45

Edgers wrote:
I say we aim for the people that care about their KDR so much Twisted Evil

Edgers for president
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TK's on last lvl of game gun   TK's on last lvl of game gun Empty

Back to top Go down

TK's on last lvl of game gun
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next