Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.

Go down 
+4
crusherop
fodder
Mutant Enemy
WAKE UP Geoff!!
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Electron

Electron

The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. - Page 2 Empty2010-01-17, 20:15

Delete it and stay with IE7. IE8 blows unless you are on Win7...
Or for those IT techs out there... WinServer 08
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. - Page 2 Empty2010-01-18, 03:34

ie8 just blows full stop and so does ie7 for speed and compat issues with newer code.

As for server 08 r2 (sp1 i think) nah would prefer not to have it. There are too many issues with getting video card drivers to work on it. Was having the video card and nic drivers conflict on my gigiabyte board for some ungodly reaon... Nice OS otherwise (for server shit) nice and easy for ad etc.

CBF with that so went back to windows 7 ult x64 (such a long backwards step Razz )
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. - Page 2 Empty2010-01-18, 11:49

Anyway Guys back to the topic of cars lol.

The hardest car I found to kill was a Toyota Corona Station Wagon. Frigging awesome car, you would remember it Mutant. Flogged it for a couple of years and it was knackered when I got it.
When I retired it, the brakes throw out sparks, the clutch need triple pumping and the motor had turned into a 2 stroke. Took 3 or 4 litres of oil to the tank of petrol. In the end I parked it down the paddock and got a tarago bloody kid mover. Goodbye singletom! Had kids coming out everywhere.

Anyway, there it would sit for 6 months or so in the frost and rain just being a home for any displaced rats or other vermin. When I needed to get some fire wood I would just amble down with a battery and a can of juice, bang the battery in and throw some petrol in the tank and some down it's throat, turn the key and away it would go. It did that every time I wanted it, try getting cars these days to do that hey.

In the end a young guy down the valley wanted it and as we were moving into Launceston I gave it to him. When he got his hands on it he cut the bloody roof off it and installed a 44 gallon drum in the back so it could feed water to the motor as the radiator had at last shit it;s self. Well in the end the inevitable happened,while paddock bashing he went over a drain and the bloody thing folded in 1/2 lol. They had trouble dragging it into the hole they used for a rubbish tip because the back wheels weren't touching the ground anymore.

I take pride in sending cars to their grave but this one stood the test and needed a true idiot to kill it.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.   The Poor Cars That I Have Killed. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Poor Cars That I Have Killed.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2