Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Windows 7 compatibility (for timmy)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

Windows 7 compatibility (for timmy) Empty
PostSubject: Windows 7 compatibility (for timmy)   Windows 7 compatibility (for timmy) Empty2010-02-16, 00:51

1: Check the application in the Compatibility centre (microsoft)

2: Find software updates from the program manufacturer.
(if there are no windows 7 drivers, use the most recent vista driver)

3: Follow the steps in "Make older programs run in this version of windows".

4: Try running the program using Windows XP Mode. (the link in my first post, this should be a last resort). Running programs in this mode will increase the resource usage of your computer, on average when its running it will use approx 4-8% of a dual core 2ghz processor and will most likely use around 512-1024mb of ram (before running any program) on top of what vista is using.

Please list the programs that you want to run as there may be a work around that i know of.

As far as steam goes and alot of other applications, they should work. I test and trial alot of software and have only found one program that wouldnt work (out of about 100 or so). Most cases a program that doesnt work, either needs to be installed another way or just wasnt run correctly/didnt have the right drivers.
Back to top Go down
Amz

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 compatibility (for timmy)   Windows 7 compatibility (for timmy) Empty2010-02-16, 05:24

I'm using windows 7 with steam atm. I had a problem once a while ago cant remember what it was, but re-installing steam and cs worked fine. Just make sure you run the program as administrator and you should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 compatibility (for timmy)   Windows 7 compatibility (for timmy) Empty2010-02-16, 07:05

yup, normally doesnt install properly (if its for xp) cause it doesnt know that it needs to be an administrator. Other thing is that there are just some prog's that shouldnt be run if they are not windows 7 native. Things like defrag tools, registry cleaners and anti virus. No need to use legacy software anyway when there is more than likely a free alternative out there (no i dont mean illegal)
Back to top Go down
Tbowe28

Tbowe28

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 compatibility (for timmy)   Windows 7 compatibility (for timmy) Empty2010-02-16, 13:44

Thx i think the problem i had was i wasnt trying to run steam as an administrator..
i ran it as an administrator and now it works fine thx guys for the help
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 compatibility (for timmy)   Windows 7 compatibility (for timmy) Empty

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 compatibility (for timmy)
Page 1 of 1