Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.

Go down 
+9
Woffle'
c0d3r
rumpig
DiScODaGs
grievous
ScarletTourniquet
Dark Angel
Kruzzaaa
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kruzzaaa

Kruzzaaa

Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty
PostSubject: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 16:45

Heyy Smile

I dont know if you guys do this already or not but i think its a really good idea to make the server owners some money and also help populate the clan and also even use the money to pay for Competions and Tornys such as the 1 Thy has entered DOA in.

Well DOA owns 2 servers, so why not sell admin on it?

Its a good and very easy way to make money.

A good price to charge could be:

Basic Admin (1 month) - $5
Basic Admin (year) - $ 30
Full Admin (1 month) - $10
Full Admin (year) - $60

I think its a good idea and its an easy way to make some cash.

Kruzz Cool
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 16:52

I dont think we "sell" admin because we want the server run by people like minded as us, not people who have the money to buy the right to do as they wish on the servers. Ive seen plenty of servers have diffculties because some tosser bought admin and decided that made them god. just my opinion tho
Back to top Go down
Kruzzaaa

Kruzzaaa

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 17:02

yes,
But if you think about it you can make them agree to terms and conditions and if they break any of them they will loose their admin and if anythign further happens will be banned (IP) from the server.

Really i think it is a great idea and it will defientlly get the cash flow happening for DOA.
But at this point its only a suggestion.

Kruzz. Cool
Back to top Go down
ScarletTourniquet

ScarletTourniquet

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 17:05

Nope, I agree with DA. Admin should be earned, not bought. That would open up a whole can of worms and admin abuse. No thanks...

Not only that but DOA already has like 47 admin. That's more than enough.
Back to top Go down
grievous

grievous

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 17:14

DOA is a community, not a franchise. Being an admin is not a privilege, it's the responsibility to administer the server in terms of rules and regulations.

At the end of the day money comes and goes, but creating and managing an awesome community is something involves time and having the right people around.

IMO people who buy admin on server's obviously have some sort of power hungry desire for whatever reason. People don't buy admin to help you, it's to help themselves with their underlying issue of being a control freak.
Back to top Go down
Kruzzaaa

Kruzzaaa

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 17:36

Look,

Theres Cons and Pros on both sides. I think we should let the Leaders/Owners decide but im just trying to help out so yee.

I used to be in an American Clan and played a hell of alot of American servers. This system works very well in America so why cany us Australians do it with succes.

Once again im just trying to help out and it could work out to DOA's advantages.

Kruzz. Cool
Back to top Go down
DiScODaGs

DiScODaGs

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 18:13

for starters this australia ,the country we love,if you want to contribute,you can,if you dont,dont,like was wat said ,we are not here to make profits,and ya have to earn ya way in to doa , geoff and fodder will decide and i think "no chance".of ppl gettn paid for admin,it,ll never happen dude.get to know the ppl first b4 ya comment.
Back to top Go down
grievous

grievous

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 18:15

Hey Kruza, I'm not trying to dishearten you in anyway. It's a great suggestion for making some money off the server. But what I'm trying to say is, that's not what DOA is about, and it's not what Fodder's philosophy for the community is about either.

Hope that clears things up
Back to top Go down
DiScODaGs

DiScODaGs

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 18:21

i mean ,pay 4 admin ,wtf,never happen.sorry dude but wont happen..
Back to top Go down
ScarletTourniquet

ScarletTourniquet

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 18:27

Hey, Kruzz, don't get snappy. As it happens, the leaders/owners ask their clan members' advice on most things before doing anything major like that.

Don't push a topic like this. If people like it, it will be approved. If they don't, well bad luck.

Grievous, you're a good man. =]
Back to top Go down
Kruzzaaa

Kruzzaaa

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 18:29

Lol fair enough.
I was just suggesting it because they pay money for the server and why pay if you could use other people money from them paying for admin.Razz LOL

And having the paying admins could pay for the server month to month but in the end its just a suggestion to help out the leaders with the cash and paying for the servers.

So really say the price of the server is $14 a week (just e.g.) having 1 Full admin (1 paying) would be able to cover the costs of the server for about 4 weeks. So thats pretty much the admins not having to pay for 4 weeks which might help them out, but they dont have to do this is they dont want just suggesting it as i have seen it work b4 and they might be interested.

Kruzz. Cool
Back to top Go down
Kruzzaaa

Kruzzaaa

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 18:29

and im not getting snappy lol its a suggestion im not telling them to do it.
Back to top Go down
DiScODaGs

DiScODaGs

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 18:33

i mean the members who are wat make doa keeps goin and loyal members we are ,awsome clan it,s a family,and thats wat you have to understand,,sorry dude if i come across the wrong way,but run run run ,cya in there...
Back to top Go down
rumpig

rumpig

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 18:33

look at some jailbreak servers they sell them and there all a bunch of pricks. good idea if we have maybe 2000 players a month but with less then a 1000 coming through it wont be worth it, we have many admins as it is and they all (i hope ) go by the rules.
once again good idea just not for doa, ppl who love doa can donate money.
Keep up the chat kruz and any ideas can be looked at by the owners and head admin.
see ya ingame mate
Back to top Go down
DiScODaGs

DiScODaGs

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 18:42

like you said ,it would be up to the members.most of us contribute in certain ways and pay in into geoffs account,so it helps the number one server in auss keeepp " goin".comprenda.,be kool =DOA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 19:51

If we, as admins on the server, had to pay for the priveledge to be admin, there would be alot less admins... At times there are quite a few admins who dont get to play for some time, what would they be paying for...? Having so many admins is handy, just about any reg can look into teir friends list and find someone with admin too deal a situation in server... We, as doa members, love our server, love our communty, love each other, and as with anything, what you love is where you put your money, the same goes for peeps who slam down hundreds of dollars worth of alcahol at the pub every week, you put your money where your heart is...

At times, things may get tight and the call goes out to the community for support, the response is over whelming cause of how much we love the peeps in this community and how much we get back from what we have all invested in time effort and finances...

But!!!! Let it not be said that admin cant be bribed in certain ways... I do believe that those with the yellow names are open to sexual favours of all types but it still doesnt guarentee admin, but its a start Razz

-edit

If you do infact love the "feel" and "vibe" of the DOA community, i strongly suggest going into mem list and looking up fodder or geoff and linking to their posts, fodder especially, you will see alot of posts about Fodder re-enforcing the ideal of "coolness" as the main prerequisite for being in DOA, not based on how epic a gg'er you are, there are a fair few shit hot gg'er's out there that stand no chance of ever joining DOA becuase they cant see past their cocks dangling off their foreheads...

47 out...
Back to top Go down
ScarletTourniquet

ScarletTourniquet

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-19, 19:58

^this

well said dude.
Back to top Go down
c0d3r

c0d3r

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-20, 00:37

Let's have a bake sale! *cooookkies*

Although selling admin is a good idea for making some $$$, you'll always have one asshole who will ruin it for everyone. The admins on the servers are chosen because they are respected DOA members, who know and enforce the rules and not some stuck up rich snotty-nosed fat kid who's daddy has a couple of coins in his back pocket.

I would love to donate some cookie-money to DOA, but I don't know how Sad (Remember we're in NZ so I'll have to do magic at the banks to get the money over the lake.)
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-20, 00:57

Yep, essentially its not going to happen. We have a few guys that donate each month so that helps keep the server going.

Bake sale? awesome, here are the details coder Very Happy

ANZ in Launceston, Tasbrainia.
Account Name...Geoff Lockhart
01-7042-5521500-07

Go here and click the donate button for paypal (credit card)
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-20, 04:23

Im totally going to donate all $0.83 of my monies. granted, then I would be so poor its not funny
Back to top Go down
Clown
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Clown

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-20, 04:59

Clown says no wai! sorry but DOA alrdy said it, admin is a priv not something we will ever sell to any1 just to make a few bux admin is to be earned not brought
Back to top Go down
Kruzzaaa

Kruzzaaa

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-20, 05:28

fair enough guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-20, 07:59

Or everyone could just and set up a regular payment to the DoA bank account. One off donations are cool but what they appreciate most is a regular flow of cash coming in to help out with the expense. Smile

Selling admin is just asking for problems.
Back to top Go down
ScarletTourniquet

ScarletTourniquet

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-20, 08:03

Yeah, next time I'm in town (so Monday or Tuesday) I'll be setting up a monthly direct debit so there's $5 from me every month =]
Back to top Go down
Amz

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty2010-03-20, 08:18

u kno wat we could do.. we could auction off thy.. and then and then with the money we make from that we can pay other people to violate thy too!!! Very Happy!! everybody wins!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.   Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money. Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Idea To Make DOA Some Money.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next