Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New music, nubs

Go down 
+12
Viprus
MANX
Woffle'
Electron
ADMIN
Crimson
I Get Killed
Justwon
openfj0re
McLaggin
Tha Snowmann
fodder
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-10-31, 07:49

New Music

I been offline for a few days and the new music was loaded on to the server, and I hear there’s been heaps of complaints about it. Ha ha fkn ha.

Two things I know.

Young dudes have this funny view bout music that goes like this……. I’m really into bands or songs that I like, and everything else is “gay”. The younger you are the more pronounced this view is lol. It would not matter what music I selected, every song would be met with comments like “gay” or “what’s this shit” etc. It happened when I selected the first bunch of music for the server and after a while it just became the music on the server and nobody gave a shit. I get new guys who play and say they love the music eh.

WTF was with the ausplayer music anyway, heaps of computer generated doof doof techno that never changed?

Wattaya want?

The other thing I know is that our players DO NOT like any changes bein made lol. That was one major critetria when we set up the server in the first place, make it pretty much like ausplayer, no silly mods or other changes like knife pen or whatever. These and other things are one of the reasons other servers fail eh. So new music = complaints.

The other thing is you can’t please everybody eh. All I can do is select a range of music that’s fairly mainstream, with a good beat and hope for the best. The main criteria is that it’s a good beat or fairly ragy, and it get’s into it straight away as there’s not much time for anything else eh.

I mean WTF?

Horsell Common
British India
Billy Talent
The Hives
The Swingers
Rise Against
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Bush
Elvis Costello
End of Fashion
Elemeno P
Dallas Crane
Muse
Hilltop Hoods
Lyrics Born

What a fkn lineup, if that was a music festival lineup I’d be stoked. Whats wrong with that lineup ffs?

And yes, o my fkn god, theres hiphop. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I’m gonna kill myself.

There’s been whinging about the hiphop, what the hell? I try and select a fairly broad range of music, and two of the tracks are hiphop, get over it. Besides, it’s the Hoods dammit. The seminal Aussie hiphop band eh.

The other one, Eminem vs Ac/dc was just for a laugh so that don’t count.

I always have a focus on mostly oz music, select music with a good beat, or is fairly “ragy” that gets into it straight away, select a bit of a range, and I even added two Kiwi bands for our Kiwi players ffs. I select fairly recent stuff with a few “old school” bands and try and mix it up a bit. Wattaya want? Shit, a fair bit of thought goes into it, believe it or not eh.

I guarantee that no matter who selected what music, there’d be a heap of young dudes saying ………”gay”……or….”what’s this shit?”

It’s good music.

Listen and enjoy.

And.

Suck it!

LOL.

Last edited by fodder on 2008-11-08, 03:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-10-31, 07:55

personally i dont really care what kind of music is played at the end, just as long as it either puts a smile on my face or makes me drum on the edge of my desk and something that you can just bounce to. I think the music is great, plus it isnt played for that long so if you dont like it, its not like you have to sit through the whole song.

you can always listen to your own music you know... Smile
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-10-31, 11:56

I dont mind the new music and im young fod. Just a couple of suggestions:the ace of spades by motorhead, bulls on parade by Rage, crosstown traffic jimi hendrix, domination pantera, down rodeo Rage, Dr.Feelgood Motley crue, Electric eye Judas Priest, Freedom Rage, Fuel Metallica, Guerilla Radio Rage, Higher Ground RHCP, Let there be rock ac/dc, Master of Puppets Metallica, Painkiller Judas Priest, Paradise City GNR, Purple haze Jimi Hendrix, Ride the Lightning Metallica, Run to the Hills Iron Maiden, Sea of Madness Iron Maiden, Sleep now in the Fire Rage, Smells like Teen Spirit Nirvana, This Cocaine makes me feel like i'm on this song System of a Down. These are just my suggestions. I like all types of music, this is just my favourite.
Back to top Go down

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-10-31, 12:22

Just a few suggestions mclaggin? Your post was ALMOST as long as fodders!
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-10-31, 15:45

lol almost...ill get there one day.
Back to top Go down

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-10-31, 19:03

Wow, fodder has more posts then you, and their not spam, you FAIL mclaggin!!! He rights essays, you write 1 word responses and he still kicks your weak bitch arse!
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-01, 14:42

ive only been on two months. hes been on for about 6
Back to top Go down

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-01, 14:48

real ninja spammers wouldnt cry likr u
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Mc Laggins music   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-01, 18:34

You told me "I'm into old music, I don't like new music" lol lol. Look at your suggestions, looks fairly "new" to me lol. Does'nt matter, if I put all your music on it would be the same, "what's this shit", "gay as" etc.
You cannot please young dudes for the reasons I already mentioned eh.
It don't matter, I guarantee any choice of music would be met with the same response. That's why I do the music and will ignore every suggestion from other ppl. Not a "control issue", simply how it is eh. HAI! Cool
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-01, 19:50

yep nothing can please everyone
Back to top Go down

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-01, 21:57

Except my pictures mclaggin
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-02, 08:35

word to ya mother Razz davegods sprays are an integral part of the "community" Smile
Back to top Go down
openfj0re

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-02, 08:56

i vote stick with fods music cos he has good taste Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: true true   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-02, 15:54

Listen to Open you guys, he's a muso, so he MUST know what he's talkin about. lol!
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: The Swingers.   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-08, 04:03

As I said I put a couple of Kiwi bands on the list as well. One old school, one a bit newer. I don't watch much commercial telly (sbs ftw) and didn't realise the old school one is the fkn K-mart jingle lol.

O gayness, sif have such a commercial plug for K-mart.....DAM! lol

Still a good song tho. Counting the beat, by "The Swingers" Early kiwi band produced by Phill Judd from early Split Enz. Ya Cool
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-08, 13:19

man the one serious post by me and noone cares.
Back to top Go down

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-08, 13:53

Which dark hole did you crawl out from? AKA, GO BACK TO IT!
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-08, 20:31

its prob true coz half the time noone responds when i ask a question. lol.
Back to top Go down

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-08, 22:04

ask a qusestion about stfu i kill u jew hgafag, i wnna spew so bad i hae u
Back to top Go down

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-09, 14:52

Yea, i think what i was trying to say there was "ask a question about stfu, i will kill you jew fag, i wanna spew so bad i hate you", makes perfect sense
Back to top Go down
Justwon

Justwon

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-10, 13:33

Who is it that complains? Young guns? I mean, unless they're regulars and/or members, it doesn't really matter does it?

But then again, I do like me some techno/trance, but your line up is pretty good, but I think you should be looking at just straight 'amusing' music, such as Kickapoo, and some others that I can't remem, cause, looking at the |F|N|C| GG server, there music and music mods are funny as =]

Anyways, I just think that some techno like the Ausplayer wouldn't hurt, and seeping some success from other servers wouldn't do too badly either Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Justwon
I Get Killed

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-19, 12:25

That looks like a pretty good list, shame I filtered the sound download so I won't be able to listen to any :/ (takes me too long to download otherwise, I get bored and rage quit)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=profi
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: get killeds attention span   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-19, 14:42

Wtf, Get Killed, got ADHD or what? Can't wait a couple seconds ffs? just look at your girls pic for a for a few seconds to keep yourself occupied and the music will be done. Just wait a minute, and do your ears a favour, there's some good music there eh. Btw, deciever hit on you yet? lol lol. Cool
Back to top Go down
I Get Killed

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2008-11-20, 11:59

Haha nah, no ADHD, but my year 8 drama teacher asked me if I needed medication Twisted Evil

That sounds like a good idea ;P Maybe I'll do that, if I can remember the console command that I typed in to stop the music downloading :S

Lol no, he hasn't. But thanks for starting that. Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=profi
Crimson

Crimson

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty2009-01-07, 17:51

need some leet power metal solos..
please.. no british india... i have serious issues with those try hards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerupdesign.org
Sponsored content

New music, nubs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New music, nubs   New music, nubs Empty

Back to top Go down

New music, nubs
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next