Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.

Go down 
+25
Thy Devourer
Woffle'
Electron
Leeroy Jenkins
smilinsniper
Crossfade
teknoss
Tha Snowmann
Psychoskippy
I Get Killed
McLaggin
Viprus
MANX
Edgers
Smurf
openfj0re
Quoth...
fodder
dante
HurriKane
WAKE UP Geoff!!
Keza
ADMIN
The7thLegion
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-04, 17:12

Hah ive brought that up many a time 47, it wont come back Razz
Back to top Go down
d34th4ng3lx

d34th4ng3lx

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-06, 18:51

Hey guys.
I have a theory of improving the game and also the length of time in it
But i have to get your guys opinion about it, whether its good or not.
Well it is similar to other gg_maps, but abit different.
You know how other GG map is, you die and respawn straight away and it goes though a cycle constantly, until one person reaches it's killing objective or time limit.
My idea is kind of similar to that but abit different, ill give you guys an example.

For example, if Smurf is on a killing frenzy and kills crossover, Mclagin and Jebus (sorry Mystic). then 47 decided to show up and rush in with a Ak47 and kill Smurf. The people that smurf killed respawns and it goes until all ct's or t's are dead for a new round to happen.

I'm suggesting this because i think that this could improve the game abit, and the time limit or kills in it(It could got also be a quick match or it will take longer to finish the matcj, but it also depends on how well the teams tactics are).

But i'm not to sure wether you guys have seen this happen in other gg maps.
It's just something else to think about, if you do actually take this in considertaion.
Just need opinions from you guys whether it is a good idea or a bad idea.

Note: You get killed by someone and if one of your teamates kills the enemy that killed you, you respawn and continue playing until all t's or ct's are dead for a new round to start.

Thanx
Back to top Go down
Electron

Electron

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-06, 21:49

Seen it on other servers... Don't like it Sad

Sorry death... Just Don't.
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-07, 01:55

It's called gg elimination. I prefer to go to other servers to play it.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-07, 01:58

d34th4ng3lx wrote:
You know how other GG map is, you die and respawn straight away and it goes though a cycle constantly, until one person reaches it's killing objective or time limit.

For example, if Smurf is on a killing frenzy and kills crossover, Mclagin and Jebus (sorry Mystic). then 47 decided to show up and rush in with a Ak47 and kill Smurf. The people that smurf killed respawns and it goes until all ct's or t's are dead for a new round to happen.

Thanks for posting an idea up deathangel, however this definately wouldnt happen on the main server, if by chance we managed to get 3 or so different servers it may be a different case. I am not dismissing the idea on itself, I have played a number of games on this type of server and it can get quite frustrating. When i was killed, the person that killed me went on to win the map, however i was killed first and had to wait a long time for all the people to kill/respawn/die/respawn/kill/respawn/die/die etc etc.

The gameplay as far as i could see was either very good (killing alot) or very bad (waiting alot), the current system is a mix of the two and means that the rounds are over quicker (allowing the nub players back in the game faster).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-07, 02:53

Yeah, i have played elimination before, it was ok, something different, woffle makes a good point though, perhaps all these ideas can be tried out on a another server if/when we get another one up and running... I personally like the deathmatch gun games, there is no waiting for the round to end, but, there are other servers out there running it and besides that, alot of the people that come to DOA server do so becasue its different again from alot of other servers...
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-07, 03:50

DOA keep it clean and simple, no extra bullshit which is good. the server should ALWAYS stay like this. however if we do get an extra server maybe we change that up a bit (like when we had fodders DM server) that was sweet with the paintball mod Razz

personally i have never heard of elimination for GG, must check out when i can.
If we did incorporate a DM server to part of the DOA family i think it would be better if we made it you had to get 2 kills per weapon to advance (excluding nade knife) its already a fast paced type of game so you dont want to be changing maps every few minutes or whatever
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-07, 03:59

One that i went on recently was 4 kills for a level, took for fucking ages when i got stuck on the mac10 four times Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-07, 08:23

Haha, thats just cause you fail woffle Laughing

Yeah, most deathmatch/ elimination servers have more than one kill required per gun, but not all are 4, i regulary play ACS gg deathmatch #1 and some weapons are 2 kills, others are 4 with instant respawn, but, you get respawn protection which is good, stops spwan whores... but yeah anyways...
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: elimination   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-07, 10:43

Cheers for the input deathangel. I've played that style before and didnt mind it too much. Don't remember where it was, me and geoff had a big session on it, and yeh, didnt mind it.

But

Snowmann hit the nail on the head tho. We really do like our gungame to be just that, straight up, basic, clean and PURE

I've always called our core of old regs purists eh.

If we changed the structure or added a mod the old regs would go off lol.

Fk, the amount of shit we get cos of the no camp script ha ha (fkn reyne serves it up to me)

Altho in our defence, yes we added a mod so its not "pure"

But its to keep the game FFF..... fast furious fun, so that we can get on with it and play our "pure" gungame Laughing
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-08, 16:14

Rate increase?

Was reading a pretty awesome study they did with the rate cmds (and how fked they are), and apparently 40k rate on a 100 tick server gives better response, when I change it on the server though, I get moved to spec since my rates are out of the range...ideas?

Apparently the high FPS (over priced 'comp' servers make no difference either) are just a good way to make more cashhh.

Also found out that apparently crouching has a 100ms delay....which explains those times I died crouching behind metal crates lol
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-08, 16:24

Smurf wrote:
Rate increase?

Was reading a pretty awesome study they did with the rate cmds (and how fked they are), and apparently 40k rate on a 100 tick server gives better response, when I change it on the server though, I get moved to spec since my rates are out of the range...ideas?
dont know anything about that so will be quiet

Smurf wrote:
Apparently the high FPS (over priced 'comp' servers make no difference either) are just a good way to make more cashhh.
yes correct on that score

Smurf wrote:
Also found out that apparently crouching has a 100ms delay....which explains those times I died crouching behind metal crates lol

purely server side or including the lag of the connection?
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-08, 16:26

Server side as far as I know, so including lag of the connection it can make it up to 200-300 delay
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-08, 18:38

Hey Guys,
Smurf you are probably getting shifted by our rates script or our server cfg. Tonight we adjusted those so Dieslow could played while he was capped. I will adjust these to enable you to join with 40k rates. I will also drop the min cmd and update rates to 30.

We are also thinking of dropping back down to 66 tick. Our best rego server was 66 tick and we re warned about concerns from some tech guys about running 100 tick with gungame. There is far less information to process and face it a smooth 66 tick is far better than a laggy 100 tick server.

As far as getting a second server, as soon as we get a smooth reliable gungame going we will get a second server. In what form that server takes is yet to be decided. We would also hope to get a scrim server as well but that would need more reg players donating to the server. If 30 guys put in $5.00 a month, well do the math. At the moment only a handful of guys are donating regularly, of which fodder and I say cheers guys , much appreciated : )

cheers Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-08, 18:51

Hey geoff thanks a lot Very Happy
Yeh it was the rates script that was shafting me lol, didnt mind if it wasnt changeable, but cheers Very Happy.

Also (I dont have much knowledge in the server side) but as far as I was aware 66 tick was really only good for things such as war servers (as there is less to track & info processing) needed, but larger servers with vanilla css/gg/zh/rpg etc where more was happening, 100 tick was better?

Am I way off?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-09, 02:31

Another thing i was thinking about is the speed at which you change guns when leveling up, i know from experience how annoying it is when you are faced with 3 or more enemies, you shoot one in the head and have the cross hairs already lined up on the next guys head but have to wait for the gun to change and then your dead... is there any way to speed up the gun change process? e.g. removing the animation scipts of cocking the weapons etc?
Back to top Go down
Electron

Electron

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-09, 11:44

As cool as that would be 47, that would be very Hacks!

Imo it would imbalance the game...
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-09, 14:58

From what i've heard around the traps the 100 tick server gets too much presure on it for gun game,I think geoff is on the right track with this,I find i get better rego and less lag on 66 tick servers,my 2c
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-14, 15:45

Another idea, a map vote system? Seen a few around, thought it might be an easier way to see what maps people like etc etc?
Back to top Go down
grievous

grievous

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-15, 00:47

Hey guys, was wondering since there is no warmup anymore. Can you start with 100 hp 100 armour. The problem is, if you team mates shoot you with no armour, you crosshair goes fkn everywhere ey. Smile
Back to top Go down
im the new guy

im the new guy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-22, 01:18

47 wrote:
Another thing i was thinking about is the speed at which you change guns when leveling up, i know from experience how annoying it is when you are faced with 3 or more enemies, you shoot one in the head and have the cross hairs already lined up on the next guys head but have to wait for the gun to change and then your dead... is there any way to speed up the gun change process? e.g. removing the animation scipts of cocking the weapons etc?

The animation is client side. It isn't possible from what I've seen (event scripts, python) but you would possibly check out some mods on allied modders forum, ya never know your luck.
I agree with you though, it would be great to be able to start shooting as soon as you change gun, maybe add a protection command for half a second while your changing, to stop you from being killed until you have finished changing weapon.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-22, 06:54

Yeah it's pretty possible and I agree, I all ways get done while changing weapons.
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-23, 11:06

hey guys,
Have to agree 47 but gg5 wont take it to well I think. Getting the next level gun as soon as you get a kill with the last gun is called turbo. If turbo isn't on then you have the same gun for the round no matter how many kills you get. With Give you can get the next level weapon but it uses 1 of your 4 gives. Get 4 kills in 1 round and you'll use all your gives.

The main problem with trying to speed the turbo program up is that turbo is 1 of the main culprits behind the server crashing. When a player dies just after getting a kill, gungame try's to give a weapon to a dead person making the python script throw a hissy fit which crashes the server.

Give is the other culprit for crashes, once again when give is trying to give a weapon to someone who is dead it sometimes crashes the server as well.

I would say do the strafing dance and hope you stay alive long enough to get your next shot off.

cheers Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-23, 12:21

WAKE UP Geoff!! wrote:
I would say do the strafing dance and hope you stay alive long enough to get your next shot off.
Exactly, learn how to dance boy! Razz
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty2009-10-23, 16:00

Mutant Enemy wrote:
Yeah it's pretty possible and I agree, I all ways get done while changing weapons.

Pretty impossible without a client side mod, so unless someone wants to mod a mod...out of luck Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.   Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions /Ideas to improve the server.
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next