Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Admin notice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

Admin notice Empty
PostSubject: Admin notice   Admin notice Empty2009-01-17, 04:02

Theres been a fair few complaints made to me about admin abuse lately, and I let it go for a while, but it's time to say something.

We have ben failing lately a bit, due to constant server hassles and IP changes, but otherwise wer'e pretty successful. We are told heaps that "I love playing this server". This is because of the fun way we play, which leads to a cool community to play with. It is also because our admins actually admin, unlike other servers that dont seem to run the game or control anything.

Apart from admin abuse I have my own complaints, a couple of admins seem to think admin is their little toy or something, only to be used if ur annoyed.

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO ADMINISTER THE GAME!!!!, not just be the sherrif!

Help ppl with their rates, and dont just spam text.
Answer questions related to the server. Assist ppl.
Have a dig at ppl if they are bein a prick to someone else.
Let ppl know that accidental team kills or a tk after the round is "just forgive and keep playin"
If randoms ask any of our chix their age then tell em to mind their own business. Do not tolerate comments like "bein beaten by a girl" or "I bet shes hot etc". These 3 comments are common. Obviously you know if a guy is a reg or not and certain comments are ok cos they know each other, but not cool from randoms, use your judgement.

ABUSE
Ppl that camp are campers, not fag assholes or c***s.
If you get knifed or shot down then knifed, or just killed then fkn get over it!!!! DO NOT slay or punish for that or abuse the person.

One of our most senior NaD players (and I dont mean age) was slayed and kicked and banned recently cos the admin doesnt like him. Our big name or popular dudes are super important, and if they are abused then fkn look out. I'll not only take away admin, I'll perm ban ur fkn ass. Don't give a toss who you are.

Ppl need to be warned twice by mic, and twice by text, before punishment, in case they have no sound or dont read text. And there is no need for swearing or abuse. Keep ur eye out for dudes who have recently joined, check the scores, they may not have heard all the non camping or watever chat.

Obviously if they are being total assholes or being highly abusive or disgusting, then go for it, thats different, call them a fkn dropkick or whatever and kick em.

I STRONGLY suggest all admins go to "rules of the server and admin rules" and read "the DOA server statement", also the "advice for admins" and then use that to guide the way you admin!!!!!!!!!

One last thing, I've noticed a lot of dudes just scan long posts and dont seem to have the time or concentration span to read or absorb all the points in a text, they seem to just pick out one point or watever. Read all this and slowly, and absorb it dammit. We got a few new admins and a couple more to come, so theres plenty room to dump a few.
Back to top Go down
Desolus

Admin notice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   Admin notice Empty2009-02-12, 19:22

So why was my admin revoked? I come on and kick/slay people when asked most times, sure I get angry, but it's generally at campers who just camp repeatedly then I give them a nice little "holiday". If this was reason it was taken away then fine. It was nice to be told though, not even a PM, nothing, I have been playing late at night due to work and came home tonight to find no admin, nothing.....thanks for the heads up Fods, love it.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver

Deceiver

Admin notice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   Admin notice Empty2009-02-12, 19:40

yeh, know how u feel, got the same. would have been nice to get a warning from them telling me what i was doing wrong. kinda a slap in teh face. i thought i was doing good, always going on to the server when fellow doa member needed someone delt with, even when i was at work. thought i was worth more than the way it was dealt with.
Back to top Go down
Desolus

Admin notice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   Admin notice Empty2009-02-12, 20:03

Well reason I stuck with DoA was hey, if people were camping I could deal with it. Sure if there was constant camping I would get frustrated and basically give the whole group of people on the game a "general warning", usually slaying someone once when they camped after warning them again, then ban them for a short duration. Only other time I would ban for a bit longer was if they then proceeded to abuse myself or the clan for me doing my job. We don't need people who don't follow the rules, I don't make it perma but it's generally a 1 week ban.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver

Deceiver

Admin notice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   Admin notice Empty2009-02-12, 20:09

my bans were usually only for 5 minutes, and that was only when they started abusing me for slaying them after they camped or TK'd repeditively or continuous mic spam.
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

Admin notice Empty
PostSubject: des and dec   Admin notice Empty2009-02-13, 19:10

My post went up b4 either desolus and deciever copped it. It was a general post at the time bout general admin sht and no names were mentioned in it. I was integral in removing decievers rights but not desoluses. So point one no need for a "heads up" to you des from me. It wasnt me!

I'll now respond as youv'e put it out there. This was not my decision but once you put out the sarcastic comment of "thanks for the heads up Fodds" its open slather for me.

The rules are very clear, plus the server statement as to how we role, plus admin notices as to what is expected. If you fk up at work you get the sack, so be it. You dont need warnings, its very clear how we roll.

Desolus.
You got "rage" in ur name for a reason eh. You rage ppl. you often do it rudely and offensively. You are often way too harsh, you also slay ppl if you get knifed, or shot then knifed. Youv'e slayed ppl at the start of a round for knifing you last round. You raged Tracy and she quit DOA cos of it! You have punished Edgers cos he pissed you. Youv'e slayed him, kicked him and banned him, and bagged him 4 camping "24/7". (edge a camper?)

EDGERS?????? You dont fk with a figure like Edge in my books, he's one of our main dudes, and as such should get respect!! Should also be clear by now if you go back to my very first posts on the forums how I feel bout NaD.

I might be wrong but is this the first time posting on the forums?
You seem to have nothing to do with the clan in reality. As with some other dudes copping it atm, we don't go off for something one off that someone does, it's the build up of constant acts and issues over an extended period of time. That also negates comments like "that was ages ago", its all relevant. These things all build up.

Deciever

Dude, u must admit the fact ur on the server completely and totally shitfaced (a lot) and give ppl fkn heaps shit when u are. You have morphed into all sorts of shit, and even caused the server to crash bcos of it. I never see you helpin ppl out with their hassles like rates and sht, you abuse and threaten ppl heaps when your shitfaced and say bugger all when ur straight.

The last straw was the threats to "I Get Killed" which caused him to quit the clan and even change his name cos he was so self conscious about it all. Took me heaps of convincing to get him to rejoin and use his old name again. A fkn nice dude who didnt deserve the shit you put on him. That single act is enuff to be kicked!! Totally fkd eh!! If I made the details public ppl would be pissed as!!

Also not interested in the fact you guys go to the server to sort shit like campers or hackers or whatever, thats the job of an admin, not something special or a favour ur doing.

Not really interested in the proclamations of innocence from either of you dudes. All the requirements of a DOA member, of a captain, and an admin are totally clear eh?!!
Back to top Go down
Deceiver

Deceiver

Admin notice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   Admin notice Empty2009-02-13, 21:03

i dont have rcon so i cant morph into shit for fucks sake, the only time it crashed was when u mophed me into something by my request. fuck i get killed, he is a fucking liar, and i helped people with rates several times. the only threats i made to him were about my server and you have nothing to do with that. i dont talk when i am sober because i am shy. if an "employee" is doing something wrong you fucking tell them unless you are a fucking nazi bastard. unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Desolus

Admin notice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   Admin notice Empty2009-02-14, 20:47

fodder wrote:
My post went up b4 either desolus and deciever copped it. It was a general post at the time bout general admin sht and no names were mentioned in it. I was integral in removing decievers rights but not desoluses. So point one no need for a "heads up" to you des from me. It wasnt me!

I'll now respond as youv'e put it out there. This was not my decision but once you put out the sarcastic comment of "thanks for the heads up Fodds" its open slather for me.

The rules are very clear, plus the server statement as to how we role, plus admin notices as to what is expected. If you fk up at work you get the sack, so be it. You dont need warnings, its very clear how we roll.

Desolus.
You got "rage" in ur name for a reason eh. You rage ppl. you often do it rudely and offensively. You are often way too harsh, you also slay ppl if you get knifed, or shot then knifed. Youv'e slayed ppl at the start of a round for knifing you last round. You raged Tracy and she quit DOA cos of it! You have punished Edgers cos he pissed you. Youv'e slayed him, kicked him and banned him, and bagged him 4 camping "24/7". (edge a camper?)

EDGERS?????? You dont fk with a figure like Edge in my books, he's one of our main dudes, and as such should get respect!! Should also be clear by now if you go back to my very first posts on the forums how I feel bout NaD.

I might be wrong but is this the first time posting on the forums?
You seem to have nothing to do with the clan in reality. As with some other dudes copping it atm, we don't go off for something one off that someone does, it's the build up of constant acts and issues over an extended period of time. That also negates comments like "that was ages ago", its all relevant. These things all build up.

Deciever

Dude, u must admit the fact ur on the server completely and totally shitfaced (a lot) and give ppl fkn heaps shit when u are. You have morphed into all sorts of shit, and even caused the server to crash bcos of it. I never see you helpin ppl out with their hassles like rates and sht, you abuse and threaten ppl heaps when your shitfaced and say bugger all when ur straight.

The last straw was the threats to "I Get Killed" which caused him to quit the clan and even change his name cos he was so self conscious about it all. Took me heaps of convincing to get him to rejoin and use his old name again. A fkn nice dude who didnt deserve the shit you put on him. That single act is enuff to be kicked!! Totally fkd eh!! If I made the details public ppl would be pissed as!!

Also not interested in the fact you guys go to the server to sort shit like campers or hackers or whatever, thats the job of an admin, not something special or a favour ur doing.

Not really interested in the proclamations of innocence from either of you dudes. All the requirements of a DOA member, of a captain, and an admin are totally clear eh?!!

I apologise for taking it out on you Fodder. I was pissed off, I jsut wish some warning was given. I would have stopped what I was doing wrong if I was told. When I first started as an admin I was called "too nice" then I started using it more to slay campers etc and I took it too far. But it's all in the past. As for the edgers issue you only heard one side of the story by sounds of it. Did you hear him constantly abusing me and constantly making snide remarks at me over all those maps? Which I first muted him for repeatedly, after having enough. Then finally gave him a 2 min ban, to see if that would work. Wasn't going any longer but if it kept up I was coming to someone else. As it turned out he called Keza in then everyone was on his side apparently. Edgers can be an annoying shit as many know, ask plenty of the others, I am not the only one he has pissed off and back chatted/abused.

The Tracey thing was a more complicated thing that ended in me having a go at her on another server in anger when she kept making derisive comments at me. I have a temper sure, but who doesn't. I was going through a fucked up time in my life, after having my head screwed over by an ex. I'm over it, and I haven't abused any member since. I know all things are relevant but lately I have been a lot calmer person, my life is good, shit is sorting out, and yes I may not be able to fill my captain role as much, I accept that, though I try to when I can. My work will always come first, so losing the role as captain is understandable but a heads up from Mutant would have been nice. That is what truly shit me off.
Back to top Go down
Deceiver

Deceiver

Admin notice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   Admin notice Empty2009-02-15, 09:07

yeah, a warning off anyone would have been great. i've lost a lot of steam friends because of this, well, people i thought were friends but ended up not even being close to one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Admin notice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin notice   Admin notice Empty

Back to top Go down

Admin notice
Page 1 of 1