Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Decisions on Toki and DaveGod

Go down 
+8
The7thLegion
McLaggin
Toki
Reaper
Tha Snowmann
MedicDroid
HurriKane
WAKE UP Geoff!!
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty
PostSubject: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-14, 06:25

I have duplicated this post in General Discussion so others can post their thoughts.

Hey Guys,
It's now time for me to respond to the DaveGod and Toki situation.
For all their infractions I am of a mind to permanently ban them from all DOA areas. My reasoning for this is as follows;

1/ After many directives and warnings about spamming the forums they both have ignored all of these and kept doing as many posts as they want. They have I admit kept there spam to a minimum on the important topics within the forum. But their humor of late has in my opinion given way to just ragging and abuse of any that have a different opinion to theirs. By ragging new comers to the forum by saying who the f##k are you to express an opinion is unacceptable and would make most abstain from ever posting again.
Toki was warned at the inception of our forums not to fill our forum with his inane spamming after what he did to NAD's forum. Anyone from NAD or that was around in Ausplayer days will know the problems and feelings of discontent that he invoked.

2/ By starting their McLaggin is shit group they have gone over the point of decency. Whether McLaggin minds or not is not the point, it brings a unsavory feeling to the DOA community and breaks one of the rules that is integral to what makes DOA a great community. That is treating members of that community with respect. That their group was about McLaggin is immaterial to me, it is that it was directed towards a DOA member.

3/ When The7th Legion[Ldr] and I told them in no uncertain terms to stop what they where doing both on the forums and in regards to the steam group, Toki's response was,
"ya know what all you people take everything way to seriously. and the worst a DOA admin can do is ban me from the forum server and kick me outta DOA. which although will make me sad-ish i think i can live without all the fantastic privileges of DOA."
This yet again shows a total disrespect for DOA's Leaders and owners and breaks another rule to which they accepted when joining DOA. Is this humor? I think not!

4/ After reading the posts in the Ldr's and Cpt's forum on these subjects it is almost unanimous that their behavior has developed to an unacceptable level and that something needs to be done.

Their is three levels of DOA involvement, forum, membership and server admission.
If history had demonstrated that a temporary ban or reprimand would do the trick, then I would of preferred to go down that road, but sadly I am unconvinced.
As I have said I am of a mind to exclude them from all but being one to over react and being quick to rage, especially when told to basically "get f##ked", I have decided to step back and take a breath.

Even though I was an obvious exclusion to Toki's thank you list, I was impressed with both his, and particularly DaveGod's goodbye posts. This has brought a glimmer of hope that something less than a total ban may be workable.
I am willing to stay the execution until I gain an insight into what the DOA community feels is a proportional response to DaveGod and Toki's behavior.

cheers Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
HurriKane
|ÐØÅ| Captain
HurriKane

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-15, 05:39

I also made the exclusion list , I feel privileged to share that with you. I am ambivalent to bans or not, all I wish for is an end to the spamming , this is my last post on the matter
Back to top Go down
MedicDroid

MedicDroid

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-15, 11:29

I find this all crazy ....

Dg and toki have been the same assholes they have allways been and to see them be kicked out of doa and banned from the server would be a huge upset...

LET THEM STAY
<3 from medic
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-15, 13:17

i mentioned to Geoff that Toki and Davegod be put on a 'probation' trial period thing, where certain rules are allplied and if they break any of them, then go ahead and ban them. if there all good for the probation period then go back to the way it was, minus certain things of course.

this would allow them to clean up there act regarding certain rules everyone agrees to when signing up and joining the forums.

what you think?
Back to top Go down
Reaper

Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-15, 17:23

I dont think it's going to work, it seems like Toki at least has had enough of it all being blown out of proportion, and seems to be gone for good.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-16, 03:11

if that is Toki's decision then so be it.
we still need to hear from davegod to see what he is doing and what his decision is
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-16, 10:18

My decision should be irrelivant.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-16, 10:21

how so?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-16, 10:34

The issue is whether me AND toki get banned from DOA and/or the server. That is the discussion here. Not whether or not i would like to stay or quit. As far as everybody should be concerned iam still a current member of DOA untill decided otherwise by ADMIN. Even if i chose to go i have no say in whether i am banned or not. I dont need to or have to tell you whether i will be staying or not, iam waiting on a decision from admin then i will decide.
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-16, 11:27

Hey guys and DaveGod,

At this stage being banned from the server is not in the mix of possible actions as both yours and Toki's behavior on the server hasn't really warranted it.
As for being kicked from DOA Toki seems to have made his decision, plus his reaction to the possibility of being kicked from DOA has been immature and packed with denial of any wrong doing. You on the other hand have conducted yourself in a much more mature fashion.

I see that most of this has snowballed into something that was not your intention and basically you both didn't realise the ramifications of your actions as far as the steam group goes. Nevertheless such a group, no matter who its aimed at can not be tolerated in DOA, and therefore must be ended. This I am afraid, is the crux to whether you can stay in DOA and if Toki would be offered reinstatement back into DOA if he wanted it.

As far as the spamming of the forums goes a probation, if it was adhered to would suffice.
Many members are sick and tired of opening up the forums to see only 2 names scrolling down the page, most of which are posts of less than 10 words that really have nothing to do with the topic. This in fact is where the main problem lies. Someone starts a topic, of which they are looking for responses to and before they know whats happened it gone of topic after 3 or 4 posts and ends up being mainly comprised of " your gay, your a douche bag etc, etc. This is what MUST stop. Creating your own posts of goobilly goock is fine but other peoples post should be answered according to the topic or not at all.

I am still waiting for a fuller response until I make a final verdict but at this stage this is where I stand.

Cheers Sleep
Back to top Go down
Toki

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-16, 11:57

Geoff theres only one thing i've ever learnt from the show cops and thats never to admit to anything whether you are right or wrong cuse admitting to your wrongs if they did happen can get you in deeper shit then if you deny them.

And the reason i left DOA is not because of the possibility of being kicked from DOA, that didn't even have anything to do with that decision.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-16, 12:10

so would you like to state your reason as to why you left DOA so that everyone can know? or would you prefer to keep it to yourself?
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-16, 13:09

29A | Sensei: ......... nvm dude so far theres a public group out there called MCLAGGIN FAILS or something
29A | Sensei: mayb u should rethink ur ideas and change things to get a lil love
29A | Sensei: not hate

now im kinda pissed off about the group. whenever i have a dissagreement with someone i get bagged teh shit through me coz of this. This guy ragequit a scrim coz of our gun order, gravity and no knifep3n. then i asked him why he ragequit. I explained why and then he said this.
Back to top Go down
Toki

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-16, 13:43

i would prefer to keep the reason/s for me leaving DOA to myself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-16, 14:32

hmm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-16, 14:33

So mclaggin are you saying you want the group deleted?
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-16, 15:42

if i get bagged shitless again i will want it down but not for now.
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-16, 19:03

Guys.....
As far as the steam group goes, the people involved doesn't worry me , its that DOA is doing it to DOA. And what is the point of leaving the group open, its a shitfull group ( no pun meant ) with no point and totally useless, that is placing a bad name on a good clan.

As far as I can tell McLaggin is only going along with it because if he showed that it was hurting or annoying him he knows he would cop it 10 fold. Name me 1 person that would be glad to have a group named after them like that, the honest answer is NO ONE, and if there is he must have a neon sign floating above his head flashing "Brainless Dickhead" So shut the stupid thing down, What are you waiting for?

Oh and by the way, ANY DOA MEMBER who was stupid enough or was complacent enough to have joined this idiotic steam group should leave it as soon as possible before I view the membership and issue warnings on the weekend. There is no place for any DOA member in this steam group or there will be no place for them in DOA. That's as nicely as I can put it. To me its should be an easy decision whether you want to be in a pointless demeaning steam group or be involved in the DOA community!
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-16, 19:07

Just summing up what Geoff said in my own words.

Clearly you guys don't get the fkn point that the group is not tolerated.

I think just for your stupidity you should be removed from DOA.

Since you are no longer in DOA I doubt that you guys will remove the group. Therefore any DOA member remaining in the group after Monday the 23rd of February 2009 WILL BE KICKED FROM DOA.

Let me get the point across now that I am being DEAD serious. This is now a matter that I have taken personally.
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
Leeroy Jenkins

Leeroy Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-17, 06:47

MedicDroid wrote:
I find this all crazy ....

Dg and toki have been the same assholes they have allways been and to see them be kicked out of doa and banned from the server would be a huge upset...

LET THEM STAY
<3 from medic
Im with medic on this one
Back to top Go down
http://www.hidenseek.site40.net/
Leeroy Jenkins

Leeroy Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-17, 07:00

i say put them on a trail for 2 or more weeks if they screw up kick from doa 2 weeks ban from doa server perm ban from forums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hidenseek.site40.net/
teknoss

teknoss

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-17, 10:55

when it comes down to it, its not up do any DOA or NaD members, just the leaders of DOA.
ffs i cant belive this shit still hasnt been sorted out yet.

even if every DOA member leaves the mclaggin is shit group, it wont change peoples (randoms) opinions on DOA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-17, 11:31

You can all stop friggin bitching about the group now. I have kicked everybody and left the group myself at McLaggins request. McLaggin isnt going to get 'bagged 10fold' or anything for asking this. When i made this group i full knew that he may be unhappy with it and that it may cross a line with him and decided it would be HIS choice if it was to go. He was a good sport and never had an issue and only asked me to remove it cos of how you all blew this shit out of proportion. I think its sad he came to this decision becuase some ppl cant take a joke.
Back to top Go down
Toki

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-17, 13:02

This has been going on way too long we've bitched about everything that me and davegod have done. We have discussed, we have got opinions from other members of DOA. I think it's about time you made your decision about me and or dave.
Back to top Go down
teknoss

teknoss

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty2009-02-17, 14:31

Hmm... my post mysteriously disappeared .
I saiiiiiiid “you tell em dave”

Lol @ toki
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decisions on Toki and DaveGod   Decisions on Toki and DaveGod Empty

Back to top Go down

Decisions on Toki and DaveGod
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ðead Øn Årrival :: Dust Bins :: Dust Bin-
Jump to: