Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!

Go down 
+6
Electron
Woffle'
Tha Snowmann
Reaper
McLaggin
Quoth...
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-22, 15:55

cheers for the compliment Smile yeah not too bad, when i get bored of paper work i design logos an stuff so not too bad of a deal. Very Happy

Heres what it was going to be originally before the other director reckoned it had too much of a surfey feel to it...

My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Adsimp10

then this one:

My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Logoco10

*this image is about 4917x1200 pixels Smile had to make it smaller to fit on the page hehe

*edit just saw which one it was, just a note this was before getting the text to not look so jagged and fixed the blue and yellow to be closer along with some transparancy on part of the blue, but you get the general idea Smile

The other logo on the site as it is now took me a while (always upsize images before working with them, takes longer but better final product).
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-22, 16:05

double posting i know, but why no website of your own quoth if your doing web design?
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-22, 17:01

Woffle' wrote:
double posting i know, but why no website of your own quoth if your doing web design?

a bit strange, I know.

to be honest though, I get all my work, so far, through word of mouth. I don't really feel I should actively promote my business until I am better at it, or more comfortable about being able to give something the client wants/will be happy with. All of my jobs so far have been on the behalf of small business, so they aren't really in need of very high end programming, or complicated functionality (except the bloody blackgum site, thats been very complicated, but the guy knows I haven't dealt with this stuff much, so I get a bit more time to work shit out Very Happy).

One day I will get serious about it and try to make it a job instead of a kind of hobby, but I've got a lot of learning to do before hand.

I reckon the other director was kinda onto something with that surfie comment. The logo you went with seems less ambiguous, and says defiantly that australia really is the center of the world Wink And the logo fits nicely into a square shape, like an icon, which, while I don't know why, makes it seem more usable in different applications or uses.

Do you use photoshop?
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
huddo121

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-22, 18:13

Hey quoth, thats sorta like the way i do things, except i do heaps of shit like logo designs, advertisements, business cards. I do enjoy making a good website geek
Back to top Go down
http://www.huddo121.co.nr
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-23, 11:53

*cough* splutter *cough* photoshop? FUCK NO Very Happy hehe

Use primarily PaintShopPro Photo X2 from Corel. Corel is way better in my opinion and have been around for wayyy longer Smile PS may be popular but there are things i much rather do in PSP.

Dont know how keen you are to getting into the more technical side but ASP.net is great to work with taking silverlight into account. Have a look at Microsoft Expression if you get a chance. Dont know if ya wanna get away from your adobe products but from what i know MS expression is slighly newer and from first glances (only played around for a day or so in it) quite easy to use.

By the way, i warn you now, best to check if sites work in IE8 properly as well. It has caused us so much headaches recently. Even considered blocking IE8 browsers Razz
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-23, 15:01

Argh, fkn IE. I visited whirlpool once with IE6 and it came up with a bright red message saying I had to use a decent browser, lol. mAybe just set the pages up to force install firefox or something, lol.

Thanks for the heads up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-23, 15:11

lol, looking at the write up for IE8 and found this randomness....
remembering the internet....

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/nethistory/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-23, 16:47

dude that was pretty funny Smile ill pay that
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-23, 19:06

lol, more charlie the unicorn, lol
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-24, 10:05

wtf with the microsoft thing, thats fucken whack that is...

Quoth, just put a icon for firefox with "best displayed with" above it Smile

yeah the ie8 thing fuked us off cause it was a css style activated by mouseover that was going to an update panel. Each time we put the mouse over it, it would move about 20px down and 10 px right. eventually with enough mouseover our page was suddenly moved out of sight with no scroll bars to be seen Razz
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-24, 15:59

oh, FFS! and its supposed to be the most standard compliant yet! Internet Exploder Fail Sad

I might have to bit the bullet and look at getting some things that are able to display all the browser variants. I had seen something yesterday that basically had them all in a zip file (All the IE ones anyway) and you just clicked the icon to bring it up. While it did have some issues with a few page elements, it seemed the easiest solution. (opposed to fully installing two versions f IE, which caused registry problems)

i have IE6 on the desktop and IE seven on the laptop, though, with the new feature enabling IE8 to "pretend" to be IE7 (or render pages basically the same way) I might just update my 7 to 8. Or just refuse IE browsers all together. its only about 96% of my users... could I get away with explaining that to my clients?, lol

and whats with Microsoft getting a sense of humour? Wink (though, the ninja could have been done better - great idea - execution... not so ninja, lol)
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-24, 16:23

well, hate to break it to you quoth but do you know how reliable the browser information is that comes through froma client? not always that good is the answer. Sometimes for some reason the information isnt received or possibly sent from the internet companies server, or somehow is lost on the way.

Out of interest, whats the name of the prog your looking at? Would save having 4-5 virtual machines loaded on the server i have at home.

ps seems like i have successfully hijacked this thread, but keep it going Smile
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-24, 18:54

argh, I knew i should have saved the page properly. Looking throught my history i am led to This page (which is a discussion on IE8) which leads to which then kinda leads to this page This page ( discussion on IE7) and eventually ends up with a way to download versions IE3 to IE6 here:
http://browsers.evolt.org/?ie/32bit/standalone

They do have some issues though, that would not come up with virtual machines (which I cannot be bothered with, really, though I kn ow I should check it out Sad and am going to have to now)
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-24, 19:00

whatever you do, you gotta make sure that your site is compatible with Netscape Navigator! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reaper

Reaper

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-24, 20:48

dude, firefox ftw. i'd use opera before i used ie again.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-25, 04:16

dude, firefox sucks major ass compared to chrome. Firefox is so mid 2008 Razz

dont know if you will remember it snowy, but good old mosaic or even before then a good ol bbs Smile
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-25, 07:44

i just remember when we first got the internet on shitty dial-up with Alphalink we had Netscape Navigator Razz haha now thats some old shit
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-25, 16:00

mosiac = the program that netscape was made into Very Happy hehehe and before then was standard bbs's that used ansi to transmit lovely characters that looked like pictures. To play games like lord.

Like this:
My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Lord-intro6

and this:
My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 LegendOfTheRedDragon

Dragonator RAAARRRWWWWRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

0 babies... RAWRRR!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty2009-04-25, 19:23

t is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!   My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My new pc finally arrived, the OMNISSIAH is here!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ðead Øn Årrival :: Off Topic :: Computer Hardware and Software-
Jump to: