Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Perm Ban

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HurriKane
|ÐØÅ| Captain
HurriKane

Perm Ban Empty
PostSubject: Perm Ban   Perm Ban Empty2009-04-05, 06:38

I see the perm ban has been taken off everyone without exception. Personnally I have only perm banned when I have been 150% sure of hacking. I do this cause I am basically lazy and have never demoed in my life Principally I perm ban when I see speed hacks or similar which are blatant. The school holidays are upon us and we all know what that means (ie more kids on server = more hackers) Given some admins are only on during the day (eg: me) the inabiltiy of some not to perm ban is going to mean alot more work for those four who can.
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

Perm Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perm Ban   Perm Ban Empty2009-04-05, 09:50

Considering when a player does get banned admins are requested to write a report about it.

If someone is blatantly speed hacking, aimbot, etc. Then add that to the report and I will add them to the perm list.

I think that admins are just getting to lazy and perm someone when they suspect that someone is hacking. They might watch them for a round or two but from what I've seen/heard its like the admins have an itchy trigger finger to ban.

I will be considering over the next few days weather captains should be allowed to perm ban. If you don't use it that often you shouldn't miss it. But I will still think about the pro's and con's of this ability.
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

Perm Ban Empty
PostSubject: perm bans   Perm Ban Empty2009-04-05, 18:24

I agree witchu 7th, its very common to hear someone suspect someone and accuse and you can see their not hacking. It is most common funnily enuff, when a good player keeps gattin snapped by some dude lol. Cant see what is wrong with old method, ban for a week or two max then report and hopefully demo, and 7th me geoff or mutant can permo, and we got a week or two to sort it eh.

Also as walling is the most common and not always easy to be sure of, take a demo and use wireframe, no escaping that. Can mean you go away to check it out and lose the hacker tho, so get his steam id 1st. Wireframe is explained in the banned section somewhere eh, foolproof. Cool
Back to top Go down
HurriKane
|ÐØÅ| Captain
HurriKane

Perm Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perm Ban   Perm Ban Empty2009-04-06, 06:43

ok np
Back to top Go down
Viprus

Viprus

Perm Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perm Ban   Perm Ban Empty2009-04-07, 10:58

ok its all well and good taking perm ban away from us.

SO that leaves fodder (doesnt have net), Geoff (is a relative stranger atm), Mutant (In the same predicament as fodder)

Pretty much only 7th. not to be a stickler but 7th plays less than he used to.
thats a big burden to bear 7th.
Ive been posting hackers and their demos onto the forums, 3 so far since the loss of perm ban, one of which i didnt get a chance to ban before he left...
hackers need a quick hand response to enforce zero tolerance.

Not being a meanie but its the truth and i hate hackers.

Why cant we reinstate perm bans but make it mandatory that when a perm ban is dished out, a demo MUST be provided.
Sounds fair to me.

Feedback please.
Back to top Go down
HurriKane
|ÐØÅ| Captain
HurriKane

Perm Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perm Ban   Perm Ban Empty2009-04-07, 12:11

I concur Viprus

BTW I tried to follow your ban video . I got to the site you sent it too and d/l but coundnt view it. Is there something I need to do or d/l some files?
Back to top Go down
Viprus

Viprus

Perm Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perm Ban   Perm Ban Empty2009-04-08, 10:12

u can download the file easy enough, just go to free user, wait the 80 seconds or so then it will downlaod.

To view the demo, paste it in your /cstrike folder in ur css directory.
Then go into css and type 'demoui' into console.
Load the demo u wanna watch and click play.
That will watch it normally.

To watch it in wireframe, pause the demo, then type 'sv_cheats 1' and 'mat_wireframe 1'
into console and bobs ya uncle.

Let me know if ya got probs hurri
Back to top Go down
HurriKane
|ÐØÅ| Captain
HurriKane

Perm Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perm Ban   Perm Ban Empty2009-04-08, 11:09

ah i see !!!! Thank you !!!

PS Bob was actually my uncle !!!!
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

Perm Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perm Ban   Perm Ban Empty2009-04-08, 17:27

Perm ban will remain exclusive to Myself, fodder, Geoff and Mutant.

The most you guys can ban for is one week. That gives us a week to perm someone.

Plenty of time. I am here or on the forums at least once a day, maybe every two days.

So grab a demo, ban for a week, upload the demo then wait.....

No point hassling us to "Hurry up and ban them please!" only makes us less inclined to do it.

Thanks for the feedback you two.
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
Viprus

Viprus

Perm Ban Empty
PostSubject: Re: Perm Ban   Perm Ban Empty2009-04-08, 19:26

rofl less inclined to ban a hacker..

Fair enough..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Perm Ban Empty