Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Afk's in a full server

Go down 
+3
Jmoo86
ADMIN
Edgers
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Edgers

Edgers

Afk's in a full server Empty
PostSubject: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty2009-04-13, 16:46

Can we have an autokick thing so that if people are inactive in spec for more than a few mins then they get kicked? It's so annoying trying for 15 mins to get into a server, only to see 6 people afk in spec when I get in. It's a very popular server and i'm sure everyone has this problem
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty2009-04-13, 16:56

Yeah I get what you mean, AFKs really don't bother me to much really, but normally if the server is getting full I will kick them, I'll see what I can do about spectators only being kicked if there are more then say 16 - 18 players on? Oh and we might be upgrading to 24 slot soon.
Back to top Go down
Jmoo86

PostSubject: Re: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty2009-04-14, 14:54

24 slot AWESOME MORE PEOPLE TO KILL! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty2009-04-14, 15:37

im keen for an autokick
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty2009-04-14, 18:04

yeah, sometimes however it is the regs/admins that are in spec. they might be ducking out for a smoke or something. but normally you can get an admin to kick a spec so you can join.

regarding what you said mutant, what would happen if the server is full but we have an admin in spec who is actually active, there looking around making sure the game is played properly or are eyeing off something that looks sus, would they in tern be kick for being "inactive" in spec? thats one thing to consider if you put in an automated thing. would be a real pain in the arse if your speccing someone sus and then you get kicked from the server only to find out that you cant rejoin coz its full Razz

edgers, you know you only gotta ask me. us NaD's look after each other Wink
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty2009-04-14, 20:05

maybe the script could go on actual inactiveness? not just in spec..

Haha yeah I know that snowy, but you ain't round all the time!
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty2009-04-14, 20:53

Yeah if you touch your mouse your not inactive, that's how the afk kicker works, like a screen saver, and it's not hard to make admins immune, hell try banning me Wink
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty2009-04-15, 07:39

hahaha im gonna see if i can ban you now mutant, just for the hell of it! Razz hahahaha

but yeah im sure that it isnt hard to make an autokick thing ignore specific steam id's
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty2009-04-15, 07:52

Ok well it's all apart of mani, I can turn it on or off when I want, as for regs and stuff getting kicked I'd say 5min afk in spec before auto kick, what you think?
Back to top Go down
Crossfade

PostSubject: Re: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty2009-04-15, 07:59

You need to remember Mutant it is a DOA server, and you dont really want to get the DOA members kicked for non DOA members man. Its more their server then the non DOA guys. Just keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty2009-04-15, 08:05

To bad, imo if you're connected to a server you should be playing, not taking up space doing nothing.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty2009-04-15, 08:59

yeah true, there are almost 50 people in DOA and if they were all excluded from this then there could potentially be some slots being occupied by afk DOA members. What about the admins mutant? are we all going to be excluded from this 5 min auto kick thing?
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty2009-04-15, 14:46

5 mins sounds good Mutant I love you

Crossy just because someone has 3 letters infront of their name it doesn't mean they should be able to take up a slot on a very busy server, when they're not even playing..

I don't think anyone should be exempt. If you're going afk for more than 5 mins it's just selfish to be taking up a spot
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty2009-04-15, 17:57

Yeah 5 minutes should be fine.

And quite honestly if your not at the keyboard for 5 minutes then really someone else can take your spot. Admins or DoA's shouldnt be exempt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty2009-04-15, 19:31

I should be though cos iam neither!

Afk's in a full server Whostheretardnow
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty2009-04-16, 16:31

youz da retardedness..............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Afk's in a full server   Afk's in a full server Empty

Back to top Go down

Afk's in a full server
Page 1 of 1