Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

U can Remove my Admin

Go down 
+3
Woffle'
ADMIN
Psychoskippy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Psychoskippy

Psychoskippy

U can Remove my Admin Empty
PostSubject: U can Remove my Admin   U can Remove my Admin Empty2009-04-25, 17:20

I see roles have been reduced and no perm bans are to be made by supplemental admins caretakers i see it ?

The point of admin roles is to do just that and if given. Obviously the privilege was given for a reason and obviously if it is abused so be it revoke it but to have to relay my actions to someone else for what i have done is annoying and time consuming, I administer the server while i am there and alot of the time am Pm'ed to resolve issues in game when i am not. That to me is admin so if i see fit to remove them for 1 hr 1 day 1 week or permantely It is my choice for i have been given that right and obviously we/us being lesser admins have'nt been doing that so i say fuck it don't want politics on decisions i make while been giving the power if i have to report everytime i do otherwise i may as well give up playing because i would never have time to for all the ban reports i would have to make and i have made plenty.
They have not been unjust and most people thank me for my efforts and have not had any complaints or feedback from banned players because they realise what they have been banned for and no point pissing and moaning about your silly attitudes or arrogance in server we don't need u BYE.
I am definetely not gunna waste my time copy and pasting try to find files of evidence which i may add is bloody hard for me at most of times thankfully i can type all be it at 12 words an hour i am no whizz just a plug n play user and if someone is ruining my time on the server and getting up all in my Mojo i say be gone let me get back to playing with the players i enjoy playing with and not the ones that are heavy mantinence?
And i will add or beloved owners and ldr have been very scarce lately but the server and it's running has been quite smooth all be it minor discresions which purely are not game related but mostly personal ..... Another story Smile

I am not leaving the clan but think if admin is given it is given so that bans can be made i try and be a little diplomatic when i do other times it i to get rid of the random tards that are on server which in my opinion should be permantely banned we have enough regular good well behaved and rule adherring players to support three servers but we have one and we / I would like to keep it that way so if someone does come in not listening or adherring to rules and totally disregards and then becomes abusive to admins on no point being diplomatic.......... GOODBYE Wanker we won't have to deal with you anymore .

Maybe i crying cause i lost the perm oh well straight hair for me it is and thankyou for the privilage but i don't want the job to be wasting my time on here writing reports on my actions i am mature and old and silly enough to be responsible for what i do have done and answer to no-one ........... well maybe the missus when i start raging but other than that i think the role was given to me for my maturity which i show a lack of at the best of times but it is a game that is meant to be enjoyed and if i can't enjoy it then it becomes work and i definetily ain't get paid for this.

Ok my 2 cents feel free to comment criticise but be constructive or don't post

Thanks Skip
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: U can Remove my Admin   U can Remove my Admin Empty2009-04-25, 17:57

OK fair enough, I wasn't aware that perm ban had been taken from the Cpt group as it wasn't meant to be a given option, we never used to believe in perm bans.

The main reason for ban reports was meant to be if a regular member got banned, for example: Keza is banned by me for abusing me, I would report that because Keza is a reg on the server.

Reason we like reg bans reported is so that we can decide if they should be put on a perm ban or not, we didn't have perm ban handed out to anyone except the Dirs and Ldrs because of personal problems, and yeah it's happened.

Reporting bans of randoms I don't think is necessary and don't do it myself, and we are fully aware that most bans don't get reported.

I think that the Cpt group should have the rights to perm ban myself and I'm pretty sure Geoff agrees, not sure on fodder's opinion.

And you don't really have to report anything, we can see every action you have ever done, listed by date and time.

Hope this made sense, pretty out of it...
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: U can Remove my Admin   U can Remove my Admin Empty2009-04-26, 03:25

Only thing to say about that mutant is that who's to say who a regular is?

Reason i say this is that for instance i know that sic as comes on quite regularly late at night (especially considering time difference) yet if i go on straight after work, i would never see him. (and didnt when he first started playing for like a month)

If he was not known to me by being in doa etc then i would have to assume that he is a noob because i wouldnt know better.

As a suggestion could it be made to any clan members instead? IDK but "just regs" is a bit open IMO
Back to top Go down
HurriKane
|ÐØÅ| Captain
HurriKane

PostSubject: Re: U can Remove my Admin   U can Remove my Admin Empty2009-04-26, 05:17

Mutant if you go into the Admins only thread you will see that both Viprus and I hae already discussed this but 7th didnt like it .
Back to top Go down
Psychoskippy

Psychoskippy

PostSubject: Re: U can Remove my Admin   U can Remove my Admin Empty2009-04-26, 06:25

Fair enough..

On the new recruits which i see we have a few i do not and will not perm ban any DOA member without prior consultation or forum thread as they were accepted on good play and non idiocricy so for them to be banned would be simply unjust when recruiting i think we do well in that sense if not good players like me good sense and fun to play with and i think that is the aim of the clan to be well balanced and get along.
We obviously will butt heads occasionally but on the whole we all gel quite well and have fun doin so and that is what i aim to do when i come on

So all in all have fun and ban tards and i will only post a ban thread if that player feels he was done by unjustly and posts an appeal normally i give them 7 days. For the idiots i give perm as said previously we don't need them and survive well without them.

Tolerance is the key to harmony

Enough of the morality back to the powning

Skip Out
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: U can Remove my Admin   U can Remove my Admin Empty2009-04-26, 09:36

Apologies may not of come across the way i was thinking, was meaning by clan members as people in clans that are held in good repute, if they are a member of one of them, for instance sleven etc...
Back to top Go down
Viprus

Viprus

PostSubject: Re: U can Remove my Admin   U can Remove my Admin Empty2009-04-26, 10:18

im one of the masses that only report for regulars or hackers, usual dicks i dont bother. I wud like perm ban back, as everyone i wud have perm banned,
that is 3 ppl, were blatant hackers as can be seen by my demos, but im not that fussed.

As to the reporting, i reckon on massive regulars or clan members of the clans we know and love like !give, Sleven, DOA, NaD.
Shud have to be reported.

=D

p.s notice how i didnt mention TC Laughing
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

PostSubject: Re: U can Remove my Admin   U can Remove my Admin Empty2009-04-26, 17:21

I removed the option for captains to perm ban based on one reason:

I received a number of complaints from people that admins (Captains) were perm banning heaps of people. Left right and center.

What if someone who is normally a good and respectable player is perm banned because his younger brother was using his PC and being a dickhead.

Personally I agree with Skip. Fuck the fuck heads and perm ban there arse. We get enough people playing on our server.

When DOA 1st started out we were very anti perm ban. I was just following that when I removed it after hearing people say that admins were "Over banning".

Give it back, leave it out. Its not really up to me. But I can replace and remove it. Pointless aye?
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: permos ftw   U can Remove my Admin Empty2009-05-02, 04:23

Well, its been a long read, but I got thru your post Skip. Tryin to overtake me as winner of the long post? Ha, that title is mine. Ok, maybe we should give more ban abilities back to the captains. I hate it when you cry Skip, I start to tear up myself Razz
Just be careful guys, cool regulars deserve a second chance, same as cool clan members even if we don't know them well. Sleven, NaD, GG etc.

Don't let ur personal dislike for anyone rule ur ban finger either.

If someone is a total dik or hacker, we don't need a ban report, just ban em, they can appeal or have a regular stick up for them or whatever.

For guys who are just bein general diks or idiots just ban em for a day or a week max, see if they learn their lesson.

Slicker made a complaint about some dik abusin his gf (coder). Gotta come down HARD on dudes who crap on to our female players eh.

I'll talk to the mighty 7th Legion and see what he thinks Cool
Back to top Go down
HurriKane
|ÐØÅ| Captain
HurriKane

PostSubject: Re: U can Remove my Admin   U can Remove my Admin Empty2009-05-02, 05:36

excellent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U can Remove my Admin   U can Remove my Admin Empty

Back to top Go down

U can Remove my Admin
Page 1 of 1