Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Isn't it about time...

Go down 
+12
Quoth...
im the new guy
Pregnant Ferret
rumpig
Tha Snowmann
ADMIN
fodder
Fletch
Thy Devourer
openfj0re
Edgers
Reaper
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Reaper

Reaper

Isn't it about time... Empty
PostSubject: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-26, 17:38

...we changed the server music again?
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-26, 17:40

I heard a new song just yesterday. Or maybe I just don't play enough.

Anyway chuck some airbourne and acdc on there cheers
Back to top Go down
openfj0re

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-26, 18:01

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not acdc
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-26, 18:20

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww acdc

fuck that man

MORE METAL, whoever puts the music on, i think its fod, has the right idea. MORE FUCKEN METAL *HEADBANGS AGAINST WALL*

FUCK YES.
Back to top Go down
Fletch

Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-26, 18:24

Does anyone have the full list of songs and artists?? Would be very keen to get hold of some of those songs
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-26, 19:02

I guess the awesome dude who does all the music would prolly have it fletch, dunno Laughing
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-26, 19:08

fodder would have a better idea since it is fodder who handles the music...

if you go in to your steam folder you can find all the mp3s there...
Few of them will have the Artist tags and shit still
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\steamaccount\counter-strike source\cstrike\sound\gungame

Not all those will be DOAs though the DOA ones are
gungame/refusenewn.mp3
gungame/karnthemata.mp3
gungame/longline.mp3
gungame/riseblood.mp3
gungame/refusedead.mp3
gungame/cranzombie.mp3
gungame/muse.mp3
gungame/fatcop.mp3
gungame/flcss.mp3
gungame/artvsciflippers.mp3
gungame/chimairasplit.mp3
gungame/chimdispheros.mp3
gungame/kingsleoncrawl.mp3
gungame/wed13iwntuded.mp3
gungame/treslagange.mp3
gungame/chimdedisde.mp3
gungame/pantcwboyhell.mp3
gungame/pantfkworld.mp3
gungame/sabbcrztrain.mp3
gungame/1st2lastwings.mp3
gungame/riseundnife.mp3
gungame/thriceallsatleft.mp3
gungame/wed13zombie.mp3

So open them in WMP and they may give you the artists and the titles...

I'm sure fodder will type them all out for ya, aye fodder?
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-26, 19:09

lolz fodder just beat me (by 6 mins but meh took me ages lulz)
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 03:37

if fodder handles the music im a bit dissapointed man...wheres the hiphop that you and me love??
haha

nah there are some wicked tracks on there that get ya pumped and all excited it just gets annoying sometimes when the music dosnt play Sad
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 08:02

Yeah srsly need some HipHop imo...

To many fags bitch about it though.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 08:19

yeah but if there is some hip hop, metal, rock and a mix of several types of music that should keep everyone happy as the music is played randomly at end of game??
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 08:24

Yeah good point!

Do some HipHop fodder ffs... none of the Eminem shit though...
Back to top Go down
rumpig

rumpig

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 08:28

how about some old school stuff
Back to top Go down
Pregnant Ferret

Pregnant Ferret

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 08:37

rise against and old sabbath shit are win Smile
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 09:32

Yes see ferret has got the right idea.

metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and punk wooo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 09:37

to please everyone there will need to be a mix of different genres of music.

no punk or emo shit though!
Back to top Go down
im the new guy

im the new guy

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 10:17

Why not get users to submitt their own music.
Create guidelines on it, so it can't be bigger than x amount of kb, or longer than x amount of seconds, and must sound good.

I have 60Gb of metal on my computer and another 150gb on my external HDD. Wouldn't be hard to edit the good part into a new song and upload.
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 11:52

mmm snowy is right though, but that would also be a good idea new guy about editing good parts.
Back to top Go down
im the new guy

im the new guy

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 12:28

Yeah, just to get a bit of variety in the server.
The songs are downloaded after each map hey, not force downloaded strait up?
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 12:49

im pretty sure that they are forced downloaded at the start, but then again there isnt many songs that are up atm so after playing several maps you will already have most of the songs
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 14:26

lol I think there should be HipHop yes, but you no one is going to have a say in the music lolz...
No one has and no one will.

I like the music though, fodder's got good taste imo.

Only the song that is going to be played is downloaded, force download would be silly, no rands would be willing to wait that long.
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 15:15

Fodder hates metal, apparently, but there is metal on the server. I think he's done alright at trying to keep everyone happy with it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 17:06

Ha ha, there will never be requests for music listened to much lol. For whatever taste or style you put on, there will always be a bunch who say "gay music!".

Young dudes in particular love their style of music and anything else is "gay as" lol. (they grow)

If I allowed requests, there would be a constant stream of requests for dudes music, and a constant stream of complaints about this music or that music.

Therefore, as Mutant said, it won't happen lol. I try and do a mix, mainly songs that start well, with cool beat or whatever, no lyrics, or just the beginning of them.

I would like to do the music with a fortnightly or monthly theme. Like, metal month, or whatever,

Metal
Hiphop/rap
Techno
Rock
Funk
Old school rock
Old school punk
etc

But each genre would have a bunch of dudes going "this is gay music" ha ha. So I dunno, prolly leave it the sort of mix it normally is. I had a couple of Hilltop Hoods on once and got so many complaints. (Fkn sif)

Maybe some new stuff soon, but it takes awhile to do it, (esp me lol) search for the right music, edit it to 32 secs or so, convert it, load it etc etc, and there has been ten tons of sht to do lately, so soonish eh. Cool
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 17:09

fodder wrote:

But each genre would have a bunch of dudes going "this is gay music" ha ha. So I dunno, prolly leave it the sort of mix it normally is. I had a couple of Hilltop Hoods on once and got so many complaints. (Fkn sif)
WTF fodder, sif exactly!
always gonna be complaints about the music as its such a diverse group of people that play on the server. i still reckon chuck a few hiphop tracks on coz you know that i know that you love the hiphop and same with me Very Happy
fuck everyone else ey? Razz haha
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty2009-10-27, 17:23

I was like wtf with Hilltop too Sad

If it was up to me I'd have Funkoars telling everyone "Hey fuck you"

Aussie HipHop ftw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isn't it about time...   Isn't it about time... Empty

Back to top Go down

Isn't it about time...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next