Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gungame Deathmatch

Go down 
+15
bundy bear
Thy Devourer
Tha Snowmann
Edgers
Woffle'
Vee
Monster
Plague
Amz
***mystic***
Dark Angel
I Get Killed
Fletch
WAKE UP Geoff!!
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-05, 19:51

Hey Guys,
Fodder and I have been discussing whether we should change the private server into a gungame deathmatch public server. We conceived the private server idea based on the previous experience of having a load of new gungame players swarming in after Christmas with all the attached aggravations and hassles involved in dealing with the bullshit and educating these guys to our style of play.

This hasn't appeared to have happened this year as yet, which has left the private server virtually unused. This means we have a server that is just sitting idle and therefor is really a waste of money. Making this server a deathmatch server will give another different gungame option for the DOA community to play and enjoy. If we see a fair amount of support for this idea we would probably move in that direction, but if not, closing it would be the only other logical option.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net
Fletch

Fletch

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-05, 20:04

Sounds like a good idea, I think the problem with the private server was that we could really only go there if the public server was starting to get really full and even then the regular boys and girls wouldn't always be around or they'd rather stay on the public server. I'd personally be keen on the idea of a DM server but I'd still favour the original GG Gungame Deathmatch Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
I Get Killed

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-05, 22:25

It'd be nice to have that option, for when I do want to play a DM server, instead of having to go to a random server with dicks where you're more likely to get a "fuck off" than a "nice shot".

Would be great to have a DOA DM server.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/profile.php?ref=profi
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 02:48

The private server is a great idea, but we just dont get enough of us all at the same time to make it viable, well not when Im on anyway. DM GG would be a nice change, somewhere to just chill
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 03:05

I like the idea,I go to DM servers every now and then,be good to have our own.I'll use it
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
Amz

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 04:19

Yeah man, dm sounds awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Plague

Plague

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 04:22

GunGame deathmatch...so you would respawn as soon as you die?
Why don't you try that other mod instead, elimination I think..where if the person who killed you dies, you respawn.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/its_teh_plague
Monster

Monster

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 04:27

I'm keen for DM server. Would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Vee

Vee

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 06:11

May as well give it a go see how it works out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 06:23

Deathmatch would be good, not so keen on the elimination side of things. Gets a bit much if your killed by the best player who doesnt die quickly and your just waiting for the round to be over. Deathmatch instaspawn is a good one.

Any chance of increasing the slots on it if it gets popular?

***copied from other post***
DtK are definately the ones to beat at the moment, they are pretty much constantly full on a fri/say night, if not at least 20 players in there. Crazy Joe plays in there a little bit too.

Main reason they are so busy is they have alot more slots than normal, therefore doesnt get full as quickly, and secondly they have slighly bigger custom maps that i havent seen anywhere else, its manic when the server is full.

People dont talk very often though cause its manic, decent atmosphere when people do talk though.

Should go and have a look at the maps they have, if we are to compete with them we need to have better custom maps that work for DM GG.

Might even have to set it to 2 kills to get to next gun otherwise would be over wicked quick.
***copied from other post***
Back to top Go down

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 07:09

COPIED FROM OTHER POST>>> e.g. 2 lazy top type again

YEah, totally agree with woffle, the style of play in DM is a little different than what we are used to in normal gg, the maps are bigger allowing for more choices to go, the instant reapwn actions makes manic game play without much talking, but, having spawn protection on is a MUST... if we need map ideas or maps, i have a stockpile of maps dating back at least 4-5 years... ive saved all my maps externally and load them again, everytime i format my comp so i never have to download old maps :-D... anyways... dm has my vote..
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 08:10

DM makes me cringe
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 08:37

yeah once again copied from the other thread Razz

yeah i reckon that we should change the DOA private server into a DM one, mixes it up a bit and maybe try and make it with bigger maps?? im def all for the 2 kills to advance on weapons though. DM is pretty crazy on full servers and kills are done pretty quick so at least with 2 kills per gun it will last a bit longer. plus dont have to wait for the round to be over to play again.

this could be one way to directly compete with DtK for a DM spot. i dont normally go on the private servers, i just join what ever server you guys are playing on my friends list...which always seems to be the DOA no. 2 server Smile

i say bring on DM to the private server and maybe try get a few more slots as well??
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 09:32

DM could be cool, i think the reason why the public servers usage has dipped a little but in the last month is due to sic_as having his server and starting up another clan ( which had alot of our regs and also with the creation of TFG, that has also taken some of our regs.

However, it is sitting idle so DM would be a good idea. I play it from time to time but it will never replace gg.

I problem that i see is that the non-camping rule might be unmanagable on the DM server due to the respawns... so that might have to go...
Back to top Go down
bundy bear

bundy bear

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 09:35

true it can be alot more difficult getting out of spawn in dm but i think itll be good to try dm anyway cause the no1 server is just sitting there gathering dust
47 wrote:
dm has my vote..
+1
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 10:55

we will just have to make sure on the maps to use though, different style of play means different style of maps!
would be good to get a larger server going with larger maps, wouldnt be able to do DM on shotty Razz

maybe some of the maps that didnt make it onto the GG server due to whatever reasons can be revised for use on the DM server?
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 14:27

The problem with starting up any new server imo, is the fact that to get a server going you have to have regulars that will get that server up to the 12/14 player limit where randoms will start to join. The problem I see with a DM server is everyone that plays doa regular server plays it because they enjoy it more than other servers. Given a choice pretty much everyone is going to join the regular server before they join a DM server. Randoms certainly aren't going to join an empty server to get it going, so imo I just can't see it working.
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 14:44

If you need maps ,let me know what parameters you need for them and i'll see if I can come up with something different.I agree with thy about the no camping issue,It may be difficult but I think it is a part of DOA and should still be put on the DM server MOTD.It will just take a bit more attention from the admins who are on at the time,and maybe a little bit more lenience to those who offend and tell them a few more times.

In response to ed,by the respose from other members on the forums I think you will find a few ppl going into the DM server,Especially if the GG server is full.I believe it's worth a try,what's the worst that can happen,no one goes into it and it stays empty,it's empty now.If it stays empty then it will be shut down.Either way it's worth a try Wink
Back to top Go down
Amz

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 18:10

edgers i love you, i really really do.. but i gonna have to go with mystic on this one. n like atm im joining some nz dm server because i dont think we really have a descent one here.. so lets give it a shot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-06, 19:13

Hey Guys,

I totally agree with 2 kills per level and a different list of maps. Random spawn would also have to be disabled because that is gay as (getting shot in the back when no one was their a second ago) The maps would be bigger for game play and even could be modified so opposition players cant get into your spawn area, so as to alleviate spawn killing. Then have anticamp punishment in the spawn area to make players get out of their spawn area after a certain amount of time. Having a barrier around spawn areas and incentive to get out of spawn once you are respawned would just leave the normal no camping policy in place to patrol in the rest of the map.

All ideas are welcome and invited, to see what we can come up with. Guests to the forums are most welcome to comment not just registered members.

Edgers is right to say that any success would be reliant on getting that 60% threshold but to have it their would be nice. We really aren't expecting to compete with other deathmatch servers for popularity, it would be just there as a change of pace for the DOA community, foremost we are a straight traditional gungame clan. Although I would be confident that with our no camping game play and enough players it would become fairly popular if given a chance. Any thoughts on addons like paintball etc as fodder had on his deathmatch server.

As for player slots, we could start with 24 slots and increase if necessary. If we did increase the amount of slots, what number would be sufficient ? Remembering the more slots the greater the load on the server and maybe a lowering of rego and increased lag.

Cheers on all the input and keep it coming guys.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
pyro

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-07, 02:59

Im currently running a GunGame5.1 Deathmatch server atm. So far so good, havent had any issues, im still pushing for a beta release so i can push this out for further development.

I'll admit it hasn't been used much and it just has standard maps.

I should be able to get the maps that Dtk use on there DM server if anyone is interested in using them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.synexservers.com.au
***mystic***

***mystic***

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-07, 04:42

I was reading up on the sdk development forums and found the ability to have a door that needs a button to operate it,so you could have a spawn point that can't be accessed by the outside of spawn but can be opened from the inside,so you have a safe place to spawn without being killed straight away.add into that the spawn point damage for stayin there too long and you got a good package.. scratch Just a thought...
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-07, 09:21

24 slotter would be a good start and see from there if it starts getting full/too full

one map that i have just seen and quite like is: Fy-highrise-09

needs something in the main corridor like some dividers or something but can be quite fun rush map since there is so many places to go, and laugh at people as they fall off.

may need to get rid of the elevators though
Back to top Go down
WAKE UP Geoff!!
|ÐØÅ| Director
WAKE UP Geoff!!

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-07, 18:28

Great guys.
build up a list of potential maps and we'll have a look. Any move on the dm server will have to wait untill I get back on line. When looking at maps keep in mind that I can make some mods to make them more suitable for us.
Mappers can also turn their hand to dm maps. As dm maps need different formulas from straight gg maps it may be a nice change for you guys.

I will be off line from Tuesday night atm but fodds and I will keep in touch through the forums from time to time. In the mean time Woffle is the senior man and should be treated the same as fodder and myself. He has our total support and confidence and he has accepted this responsibility. Our thanks go to him for taking this on, cheers mate : )

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty2010-02-08, 03:09

well what exactly is the criteria for the DM maps? if we could get something along the lines of like what we have for the maps on the GG server it would help a few people. clearly there will be similarities with the criteria but if we want it to succeed we cannot hang strict to the GG map rules.

im thinking larger then normal GG maps would be the go, cant have 24 people playing DM on shotty now can we?? Razz

im looking forward to seeing this go ahead as it will be a nice little change but with the same atmosphere and community as the GG server Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gungame Deathmatch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gungame Deathmatch   Gungame Deathmatch Empty

Back to top Go down

Gungame Deathmatch
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next