Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MPEG2 editing program suggestions???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Quoth...

Quoth...

MPEG2 editing program suggestions??? Empty
PostSubject: MPEG2 editing program suggestions???   MPEG2 editing program suggestions??? Empty2008-11-07, 11:36

I have a few clips i need to make into a dvd (of an uncles wedding - not my and skippy's late night shenannigans.... Shocked )

The original files are mpeg2, but the two crappy editors i have don't like mpeg2 files. (powerdvd something and windows movie maker)

Looking on the net, the general idea was to convert them to avi's using a compressed using a panasonic codec, but the resulting files are absolute shit, really fuzzy and stuff. I tried using a bunch of other codecs, but still the same problem, so I'd rather stick with the original mpeg2 files.

Can anyone recomend a movie editor that is good for mpeg2 files?
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: MPEG2 editing program suggestions???   MPEG2 editing program suggestions??? Empty2008-11-07, 14:51

adobe premiere pro cs4

im getting that and the whole adobe cs4 master collection atm about 8gb in total. prob one of the best movie editing programs out there. its what im making the css video on. and yes i am still making it, just taking me ages...Sad

have you thought about using virtualdub to convert it to divx or xvid. if you select the right settings you can retain the quality, or maybe convert it to an uncompressed format with virtualdub. its free and its open source and it works a treat Very Happy
That will get your file that you can work with to convert to a dvd.
now do you want it to be a divx dvd file thing or a normal dvd that will play on all players??
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: MPEG2 editing program suggestions???   MPEG2 editing program suggestions??? Empty2008-11-07, 17:24

hmmmmm I have virtual dub, but the codec settings i was using gave me the shittest files... but that was just from a few different codec settings.... ( iwas using the suggested panasonic one for avi and tried others for test - NO I DONT WANT UNCOMPRESSED FILES, lol - i dont have that much disc space Very Happy)

All I want to to do is link the different files together with some sort of transition effect or something, I dont want their different parts of the wedding footage to just run into each other, like vcr, lol.

the panasonic codec i DL was just a suggestion, do you have any other compression suggestions> (besides uncompressed! I dont have room for that shit, lol)
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: MPEG2 editing program suggestions???   MPEG2 editing program suggestions??? Empty2008-11-07, 17:26

oh, and the adobe suite you are getting, is that like photshop, dreamwaever and the rest of the shizzzz?
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: MPEG2 editing program suggestions???   MPEG2 editing program suggestions??? Empty2008-11-07, 17:46

the cs4 master collection that i am getting includes:
- InDesign CS4
- Photoshop CS4 Extended
- Illustrator CS4
- Acrobat 9 Pro
- Flash CS4 Professional
- Dreamweaver CS4
- Fireworks CS4
- Contribute CS4
- After Effects CS4
- Adobe Premiere Pro CS4
- Soundbooth CS4
- Adobe OnLocation CS4
- Encore CS4
- Adobe Bridge CS4
- Adobe Device Central CS4
- Dynamic Link
- Version Cue CS4
http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/mastercollection/

so yes its all of the shizzzz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: MPEG2 editing program suggestions???   MPEG2 editing program suggestions??? Empty2008-11-08, 01:21

wow and i bet it costs likel 8 billion dollars.
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: MPEG2 editing program suggestions???   MPEG2 editing program suggestions??? Empty2008-11-08, 05:54

lol, $2,500 US (for people who actually buy stuff....lol)

thats a crazy suite, so much stuff!
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: MPEG2 editing program suggestions???   MPEG2 editing program suggestions??? Empty2008-11-08, 07:51

yeah and there really good programs as well which is good Smile
plus i actually do use about 75% of these programs.
next year our department is mooving to this new adobe suite and thus i gotta be teaching the students how to use all this shit, which will be pretty easy any ways Smile so tahts the main reason as to why i need it Smile
i worked out that its gonna cost our department about $175,000 USD to get this on all our computers! :O fucken expensive shit but worth it Smile
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: MPEG2 editing program suggestions???   MPEG2 editing program suggestions??? Empty2008-11-08, 13:26

ive got a good solution, how bout u get with the times and use a current to recent used format???
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: MPEG2 editing program suggestions???   MPEG2 editing program suggestions??? Empty2008-11-08, 15:00

im old, leave me alone, lol

actually, I had to get a newer version of nero to burn a dvd, and it supports mpeg2. I may use that, as its simple (like me), as opposed to more complicated editors I have found. I also got womble mpeg-vcr, which supports it too, but it looks like it can do a lot more than what I need it for.

thanks for the suggestions though Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MPEG2 editing program suggestions???   MPEG2 editing program suggestions??? Empty2008-11-08, 22:05

supomt this!
Back to top Go down
MANX

MANX

PostSubject: Re: MPEG2 editing program suggestions???   MPEG2 editing program suggestions??? Empty2008-11-09, 06:06

DaveGod wrote:
supomt this!

translation: suggest this!.......

lol!
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: MPEG2 editing program suggestions???   MPEG2 editing program suggestions??? Empty2008-11-09, 06:47

no. its support this u nub
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MPEG2 editing program suggestions???   MPEG2 editing program suggestions??? Empty2008-11-09, 09:22

lol...wow, dont even ask me what i was trying to say
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MPEG2 editing program suggestions???   MPEG2 editing program suggestions??? Empty

Back to top Go down

MPEG2 editing program suggestions???
Page 1 of 1