Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

amendment to the server rules

Go down 
+8
Woffle'
The7thLegion
Smurf
openfj0re
teknoss
McLaggin
Pu|sE
Tha Snowmann
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

amendment to the server rules Empty
PostSubject: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-09, 03:34

well i spoke to mutant about this the other week, and he said he will add these rules to the DOA server rules.

I was reading over them the other week and noticed that there were no rules pertaining to team killing so i suggest to mutant to add these one.
- purposly killing or shooting team mates down in health is not tolerated, end of round Tk is excluded
- if you are accidently team killed by a nade, forgive and keep playing

i thought these were pretty important to be included as they have not been mentioned but all of us regs play by these rules

i came about this after having a big rage one day. During one map while i was on nade level i was either frozen, slapped of burnt about 5 times by random fucks, each time i killed a team mate it was an accident, once i threw the nade a team mate would run round the corner and follow the nade, and then get killed by it.
Being penalised for it was fucken annoying because it took me ages to get off nade. I kept having a go at these people and kept telling them to read the DOA server rules, and also told them how we play on this server, but because i didnt have admin and there were no admin people on at the time there was nothing i could do about it, so ultimately i just smashed down the F10 key and almost broke my keyboard i was that pissed! Sad

So are there any other suggestions that you all might think should be added to the server rules??

Tha Snowmann
Back to top Go down
Pu|sE
|ÐØÅ| Captain

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-09, 09:21

I'll second that. The randoms that join the server always seem so disapointed when there's no slay option, and do whatever they can that'd piss you off the most, even if you're on nade level and they got themselves killed by it.
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-09, 09:21

shooting down then nifing nifers should be another rule.
Back to top Go down
teknoss

teknoss

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-09, 12:33

yes thank you mclaggin for suggesting my suggestion.. lmao Razz
Back to top Go down
openfj0re

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-09, 17:02

yeah snowy i do agree with you, i think im the biggest tker on the server after the round's finished, and i hate having to look at who i tk cos i know the randoms will punsih me for it, whereas all the cool guys on the server just forgive and try kill me next round haha. most newcomers get the hang of it once we tell them to just forgive, but there are plenty of tools out there who have been brought up playing on gamearena etc where slay is the only option.
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-09, 21:49

yeah im with open on this, its hard enough to pick who you can tk at the end of a round let alone when your on nade and not trying to do it =\

i tihnk the option for punishments should be removed

except maybe taking 30% cash ^^
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-10, 03:37

im just wondering why "dont deliberately kill hostages" is part of the server rules when we clearly dont have any hostages with the gungame mod?? just seems a bit weird...
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-10, 04:00

Mutant and I wrote those set of rules when we had the normal CSS server aswell. We didn't want to repeat our selves and have two sets of rules so we generalized the rules to suit both servers.

As for the punishments I agree with Smurf and they should be removed. If there is someone being a douche its not that hard to either try and find an admin or leave for 5mins and wait till he is gone or calmed down.

As for shooting down and knifing its a low low act. But if they don't win and it gives me a chance at winning then anything goes. Its a battle for a win not who is most honorable. People do it to you. Do it back.
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-10, 04:19

i also agree that the punishments should be removed, just have nothing, so if someone accidently kills you you just wait till next round and keep playing. its part of the game. However, i still believe that you will still get thoes dickheads that will take advantage of this and will go on a killing spree knowing that there are no consequences. bit of a catch 22. that is what admins are for, but sometimes i have played where there have been no admins on and it can get a bit frustrating at times.

The aim of the game is to win the map, how you do that is up to you. people have their own things that work for them and i think as long as they are not cheating, hacking or whatever anything should really go. it lets you get creative Smile and yeah if someone does it to you, have a laugh or a minor rage in good fashion, then just do the same thing back to them Razz being on knife will always put a target on your head as other people dont want you to win, because they want to win
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-10, 09:35

Agree with snowman on this one.

Other thing is that if that was made a rule mclaggin its way too hard sometimes if an admin is focusing on whether the person actually had run out of bullets or they were just doing it to get the health down.

Its sort of like saying your only allowed to shoot in 2 shot bursts and 3 gets you banned.

However while there isnt always an admin on your friendslist i would suggest (cause i cant remember if there is on) that an admin list be made. They should all at least be in the doa community (nad's etc) if you need someone.
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-10, 10:05

often you can tell because the gun makes a clicking sound, the player starts reloading, then switches to his nife, or suddenly stops shooting for no reason. It's usually easy to tell.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-10, 13:50

and the people that know they have 2-3 left and only enough time to knife if they do it then?
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-18, 03:46

soooo Mutant, you gonna add on some rules to the server rules list? i woulda thought this would have got your attention! Smile let us know whats going on with them.
Back to top Go down
Leeroy Jenkins

Leeroy Jenkins

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-18, 10:06

1st WARNING
By the7thLegion
Back to top Go down
http://www.hidenseek.site40.net/
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: SERVER RULES   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-20, 09:45

They've been amended, mutant will also make the same changes to the MOTD. Wontcha?
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-20, 10:10

haha sweet Smile good to see them in there now so hopefully i wont have any dicks doing that shit to me anymore! Smile
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-20, 10:14

Done...
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-02-20, 10:15

bout fucken time mutant!! Razz haha <3
nah its all good man, now we gotta let everyone know about the rule changes Smile
Back to top Go down
teknoss

teknoss

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-03-12, 13:03

How about adding the rule;
if your not in a clan DONT use the fkn tag.
some rand was useing the DOA tag and was bagging randoms
the other day, and a now the few people that were in the server
at the time now think DOA is a asshole clan.
and now again today with TC, shotgun facelift was
being a utter cocksack to everyone
in the server.
this affects clan reputation.

Shotgun facelift is not in TC and never will be.
and DvD player aint in DOA im pretty sure.
Back to top Go down
bundy bear

bundy bear

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-03-12, 15:52

Yea teknoss thats an obvious but i did see some rand on doa when me and mouse were on doing the same thing so maybe we shoulda have a set punishment for that like automatice 1 week ban for 1st offence
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-03-13, 03:31

i think something along the lines of:
"impersonating an admin or clan member is punishable by a permanent ban"

something like that i believe. they shouldnt get a warning, straight out permo IMO as its just not on
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty2009-03-13, 17:47

Yeah Im keen for an instant perma ban, you just dont do that shit, its not accepted anywhere and its just plain rude
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: amendment to the server rules   amendment to the server rules Empty

Back to top Go down

amendment to the server rules
Page 1 of 1