Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)

Go down 
+3
Tha Snowmann
ADMIN
***mystic***
7 posters
AuthorMessage
***mystic***

***mystic***

TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty
PostSubject: TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)   TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty2009-09-13, 18:21

Just a note for geoff of fodder.we got lots of lag on the server tonight,it had a latency of 165 most of the night.I asked mutant to reset the server but to no avail.just too laggy to play on,thought i would drop a note to let you know...cheers
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)   TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty2009-09-13, 18:23

I tried to reset the server using the quit command but that didn't help, I can't do much else because I don't have the ftp set up, passwords or any of the server files on my new computer yet...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)   TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty2009-09-13, 19:09

the chances are that your host provider cant deal with the bandwish therefore they have enabled low memory usage which cause lag.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)   TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty2009-09-14, 04:27

well when i was on there were only 5 of us on there and it was laggy as all hell!
everyone was warping like crazy!

i think i fared the best with the lagg though, only had 96ping, everyone else was around the 140 mark
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)   TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty2009-09-14, 04:54

Yeah depending on what server they are running, enabling low memory usage allows them to fit more server on a box. However the cost is loss of memory that Counter Strike: Source requieres to run smoothly.

Unfortunatly you will be unable to find out if they are or not, and they certainly wont tell you. Most server providers do this as its the only way of making money.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)   TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty2009-09-14, 06:10

From what i can tell, they are most likely running windows hyper v with centos as the image being used for the indiviual servers.

Most likely specs:
Dual CPU
CPUModel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5405 @ 2.00GHz
CPU Speed 2 GHz (quad)
Cache Size 6.00 MB
Memory: 8gb

aparantly memory is only at %86, though cant really figure why using centos on windows hyperv unless they arent on server 2008.

Should be fine, just depends on how many images they have. Bandwidth (internet not memory) should be fine as well, 10-20 gb a month is nothing (processing wise).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)   TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty2009-09-14, 06:16

Yeah that is fine, it will have nothing to do with bandwidth im talking memory allocated for each server. You also do not know how many slots they are trying to fit on a server as well as active slots.

8Gb of memory is not enough. 12Gb should be the minimum.
Preferably 16Gb, which my server runs.
Back to top Go down
Jayson

PostSubject: Re: TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)   TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty2009-09-14, 08:39

Hey there fellas, my name is Jayson and I am one of AusNet's server technicians.

Just so you know, this issue was caused by some glitch that caused the server start-up commandline to read "+fps_max 333+tv_port 30056".

SRCDS being the pain that it is decided that the fps_max value would now be:

Quote :
13:12:01 "fps_max" = "333+tv_port 30056" ( def. "300" )

...which caused what you interpreted as huge ping spikes.

Obviously this has now been fixed, and the server appears to be functioning just as well as it usually does.

Just on some of the other weird suggestions in this thread...

1. No, for the love of god we don't use some strange combination of Windows Server 2008 with HyperV running CentOS virtually. That'd be the biggest waste of resources imaginable (and the servers would suck horribly). AusNet use CentOS 5 with the latest kernels that have been finely tuned by our resident Linux know-it-all.

2. Our hardware specs for the server DOA is installed on are:
Dual Quad Core Intel Xeon E5405 @ 2GHz
8GB RAM
2 x 500GB SATA
and a bunch of other stuff...

3. We can deal with every single bit of bandwidth the server requires. We go nowhere near our bandwidth allocations on our gameservers, and our webserver isn't metered. (DOA is currently the highest bandwidth user on our webserver btw Very Happy).

4. We don't restrict the memory of any of our servers as there is plenty to go around, we're not even using half of the server's memory.

If you have any other questions, you're welcome to PM me or ask here. I'll also continue to lurk around your forums to see if there's anything to be improved. (Like the amount of crashes that GG script of yours does...)

I also love popular GunGame servers so you'll probably see me ingame too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)   TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty2009-09-14, 10:16

GunGame does not crash servers is the scripts used that does.
Usually its because one script conflicts with another. e.g. installtion is incorrect.

Thanks for your Comments Smile
Back to top Go down
***mystic***

***mystic***

PostSubject: Re: TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)   TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty2009-09-14, 15:59

Bottom line is,i'm back to shootin the shit outta ppl,just what I love to do,lol.
Thx server guy for fixin our beloved game server..... cheers
Back to top Go down
https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/Blue_da_Magpie/
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)   TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty2009-09-14, 19:55

Thanks for that Jayson, good to see some actual communication with the community from a provider, we like to stay in the know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Smurf

Smurf

PostSubject: Re: TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)   TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty2009-09-17, 16:13

Omg.....a server tech actually made an effort to communicate with the community...the end is nigh?

But thanks alot Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)   TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty2009-09-18, 04:17

Well the server was hell laggy last night lol! Everyone was jumping around....

LOL wait that was just the anticamp script...

Serious tho it was a bit laggy.
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)   TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty2009-09-21, 05:35

[quote="ironpyro"]GunGame does not crash servers is the scripts used that does.quote]Are you high?

that's like saying:
Smokes don't give you cancer, nicotine dose

fool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)   TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty2009-09-21, 05:39

Lol i dont mean it like that, i mean as in the scripts between them that conflict with each other. If you could run gungame without eventscripts and es_tools you would be sweet lol!

EDIT: Have you tried delaying the loading of gungame on each map change, it lets the server run then loads gungame. Alternativly you might be able to reload gungame every map change so you start with a fresh clear gungame.

Command to delay GunGame loading:
es_xdelayed 0.3 es_xload gungame

Command To Reload GunGame:
es_reload gungame
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)   TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server) Empty

Back to top Go down

TO GEOFF OR FODDER(lagg on the server)
Page 1 of 1