Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Camping in Scrims

Go down 
+5
Uverworld
Xed
Thy Devourer
Dark Angel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-04, 04:44

Slicker mentioned this after our scrim with TKaHT last nyt, and he has a point. On our server we are all so used to rushing in, balls to the walls, and it just isnt working in scrimming. I know Im pretty guilty of rushing in like I would on our server. Maybe its time we worked out a proper camp stratergy, I know in funtimes TKaHT always has about 2 people on the back wall covering their team.

I never thaught I would say this as DOA, but lets camp it up lol!
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-04, 07:19

This has all been said and done before dark, somewhere in the dark depths of the forums.

Its either an issue of no communication or minimal communication. I usually ask things of the team that i scrim with and they do what i say. This is because its a team effort its a good for the team and they realise it. In saying that, just because other teams do it does not stipulate what you should do. We often vs teams that stay in corners on funtimes just say, and then clown or devil knife the fuck out of them because they are predictable. TKaHT are often quite predictable as are every team. GG does not have many variables like normal css.

Anyways, camping is not always the best thing. I often find that if the whole team camps it often ends up being crowded and things fuck up. Camping should be on instruction in a scrim, simple. Dont assume because you camp you will be like TKaHT. These guys are veterans at scrimming, they have been doing it for years, and they have amazingly skilled players, thats why they win not because they camp. Camping strats... -1.
Back to top Go down

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-04, 08:46

The key principle that guys like tkaht understand is dominating... By that i mean, they are the ones who set the tone for the scrim, they decide when to rush, when to camp, when to be strategic etc, setting up so that the opposite team is on the back foot the whole time with no option but to react to their style of play rather then being allowed to form their own strategies. What this does is make the oposing team wait and see what they are doing before trying to form their own strategy, by which time, they have already set up if not cleaned up... That is why i would love for more people to join source tv and watch a full match scrim to see who makes what plays and how the other teams react... being in control wins scrims, pure and simple...
Back to top Go down
Xed

Xed

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-04, 11:40

Camping no, Rushing no, Defensive strategy yes, This is what we lack, when I get my mic im giving everyone a lecture how to do this properly. I've noticed in all the scrims I've been in, either people dont listen to each other eg. 'every is left side' and they just run into left or dont help team mates. Another example 'behind you' (last nights scrim) and the person just decided to keep running got knifed, lost the match. We need better communication and yes, better defensive strategy. I would be more than happy to explain these things once I get my Razer Megalodon headset (jealous much ? Razz). Anyhow I could go on for ages but yeah.
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-04, 14:00

The new guys are the ones you have to be paitent with, they dont understand what scrims are about really... I've lost alot of scrims because guys want to do what they want; eg: same as on the doa server, rush.

But 47 has a good perspective on scrims.
Back to top Go down
Uverworld

Uverworld

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-04, 14:26

hahaha
this reminds me of.....

"THERE IS NO 'I' IN TEAM AMERICA"

"yess there is!"
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/seanjapanese
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-04, 15:13

bahaha true that man, fucken funny ey
Back to top Go down
Amz

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-05, 03:49

naaaaaaaaah thy.. i rush all the time.. its fkn boring sitting on back wall for me.. (unless sum1 is on knife then its understandable, or there is a specific plan) but i thin its about more about knowing wat ur opposition will do so wen ur rushing u kno where to go etc etc

btw should this be here or in the private forum?
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-05, 04:15

Meh doesnt matter.
Fuck i miss scrimming
Back to top Go down
slicker

slicker

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-05, 12:14

Yeah Thy .. where teh hell are you ...
Is ur pc still stuffed ?? scratch
If not... get ur sparkly ass back into business !!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Thy Devourer

Thy Devourer

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-05, 12:17

Sad got it back today, i tod him to get me the same card (NVIDIA 8500 GT) but they dont make them or something anymore so he got the cloest, but down, to the 8500 which he got the 6200.

Good news; i can play css.
Bas news; Its slow, not as smooth nor is it as fast as old comp was. So i'd be slow as shit in scrims. Going back on tuesday to fix it up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-05, 14:43

dude that is one hell of a shit card!!!

how much did you pay for it if ya dont mind me asking. personally you should have got yourself a 8800 at least....
Back to top Go down
Uverworld

Uverworld

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-05, 14:46

LOL i got a 8600 Sad
it was pretty cheap when i got it. and it works fine,,,
but my wireless is being mega crap at the moment
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-05, 16:31

Yeah same here Uver have a 8600gt so it does the job but after being 3 odd years old its time for a new one, can tell its slowing down and just cant keep up anymore. So off to the computer store for me in the next few months.

on my 8600 cant turn everything up but it does the job, like snowy said an 8800 would do find and should be able to run 1600x1050 with decent fps with everything on.
Back to top Go down
Uverworld

Uverworld

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-05, 16:38

i should probably find a better one when i have some time Wink
its been like 2-3 years since i got it.
Back to top Go down
Amz

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-05, 17:29

thy i cant believe u kno how to bhop but u cant fix ur own comp x_x
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty2010-03-05, 17:31

using a 8800gts 320mb card on my other comp that i had at the lan and that was pumpin out the graphics in css, getting some nice 200+ frames. but that being said, you only really need a constant 60fps to play fine. our eyes cant see any more then that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Camping in Scrims Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camping in Scrims   Camping in Scrims Empty

Back to top Go down

Camping in Scrims
Page 1 of 1