Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

so I just went to the nvidia page...

Go down 
+3
Edgers
Tha Snowmann
BrokenBos
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BrokenBos

BrokenBos

so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty
PostSubject: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-19, 09:59

and when I was looking to see if I could get new drivers something caught my attn... the default setting on it was for 300 series cards rather than 200 series... is this indicating that the new DX11 cards are coming very soon??? I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-19, 10:07

well its a long and complicated story.

pretty much, the 300 series cards are canned, but they are coming out as pretty much re branded 200 series cards. which i think are mainly just going to be going to workstation style computers. such as the premade dell ones and all that. the kind of comps that uni and companies get and so forth.

NVIDIA are releasing their new 400 series cards (official release date is March 26 - so next week) they moved from the 300 up the the 400 for whatever reason. there has been talk that the 400 series cards are going to be delayed untill April 6th or something though which will be the release date to the public or something...

the two 400 series cards coming out are the GTX470 and the GTX480. Yes they will be DX11 but it looks like they are going to be pretty expensive. well at least by the time they hit our shores Sad with all that tax and markup bullshit.

i also heard that they are only making 5000 cards or something for the first launch but there will hopefully be some refreshes and new ones brought out soon.

thats a really quick run down about the situation. if you can be bothered there is a 80 odd page thread about the new NVIDIA cards
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=851642
its long but covers a fair bit more Razz
Back to top Go down
BrokenBos

BrokenBos

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-19, 11:43

I really hope they pull their finger out and get their shit going on again... I don't wanna switch to ati...
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-19, 12:00

same man, but only time will tell i suppose...
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-19, 12:04

ATI NVIDIA Cool Cool

/queue fanboi flamewar

what fag edited my post?

Last edited by Edgers on 2010-03-29, 13:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-28, 02:10

They're here. Got this from the Umart page:

eVGA nVIDIA GTX470 1280MB DDR5 Dual DVI DL/Mini HDMI PreorderETA $589.00 $599.00

eVGA nVIDIA GTX480 1536MB DDR5 Dual DVI DL/Mini HDMI PreorderETA $899.00 $909.00

Now it's time to wait for the reviews Sad

Of course I could never afford them anyway. Just hope they will bring down the price of ATI cause I'm a cheap bastard.
Back to top Go down
Amz

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-28, 05:46

yeah, i was gonna say don't bother buying the new 400 series.. just buy a couple of 285/295 or a couple of 5850/5870's OC them a little n run them in sli/xfire and you should be sweet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BrokenBos

BrokenBos

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-28, 12:45

I just get pumped cos new kit pushes down the prices of previously new kit. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-28, 17:10

well they aint all thats cracked up to be. they are great cards but just too expensive. depending on your situation of what you need/want them for that will make your decision. but in terms of gaming your better off just getting a 5870 atm if you want a good high end card.
But im a man who likes PhysX so i sorta wanna get one of these but just cant justify the high price of them atm

apparently they are bring out new refreshes of the ATI cards soon as well. thats what will really bring down the prices but atm the release of the NVIDIA cards wont bring down the price
Back to top Go down
BrokenBos

BrokenBos

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-28, 22:00

should push the price of 275's and 295's down tho. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-29, 02:56

that it should, but it dosnt leave that many decent nvidia cards laying around since the 285's are EOL
Back to top Go down
Amz

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-29, 04:45

i have a 285 Sad
Back to top Go down
BrokenBos

BrokenBos

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-29, 06:39

You're putting such a downer on this Snowwy!! Sad
Besides, I have millions of room to upgrade my card... I have I 9500GT. but it still gives me 250fps.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-29, 06:55

till the new crysis comes out, then you will have 2.50fps
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-29, 07:03

haha not puttin a downer on it just looking at it the way it is. its just the time frame atm, give it a few more month then nvidia will either have their refresh cards of the 400 series out plus some more cards as well. i was looking at getting a gtx480 but i dunno if i will atm considering their price.
i got lots of headroom to upgrade as well, i only got a 9800gtx+ so im looking at something more beefed up to hold good fps at 1920x1200
Back to top Go down
BrokenBos

BrokenBos

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-29, 12:07

yeah, I'll need to upgrade a lot of things before my card... ie make my shit i7 with Triple channel ddr3... and have a monitor bigger than my 2*19inches of fury...
Back to top Go down
rumpig

rumpig

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-29, 12:20

well there is talk of a 495 im guessing there waiting to see how sales go maybe, or maybe refine these cards into a 2ig card.. im not going to run out and buy these, and not really fan of ati yet.. so wait n see i guess
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty2010-03-29, 15:44

yeah i tihnk they are going to see how their yields go with the chips in order to get the 495 going, my guess is it will be just over 2gb in memory. there also was talk about doing a dual GPU 400 series but damn that would be a power hungry hot motherfucker!

yeah no shit broken, im looking at upgrading as im having a shitload of issues atm with my comp, atm it wont even fucken boot into windows!
but i said ill try and save money this year which i have as i dont know where im going to end up next year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so I just went to the nvidia page...   so I just went to the nvidia page... Empty

Back to top Go down

so I just went to the nvidia page...
Page 1 of 1