Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Portal is free to download on Steam*

Go down 
+6
Edgers
Dark Angel
Woffle'
slicker
Tha Snowmann
c0d3r
10 posters
AuthorMessage
c0d3r

c0d3r

Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty
PostSubject: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-13, 01:13

Steam is now available for Macs and because of this, Portal is free (for a limited period).

"Portal used to cost money. Until May 24th, it's free. End of story."

Get your portal here... http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/

Portal is free to download on Steam* Portal5
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-13, 04:30

yeah i saw that, pretty sweet now that they support MAC format.
hopefully they can port all games onto it as well.

ive just been starting to play this, bought it a fair while ago but never played it. as soon as i started i see this notification that its free Razz oh well seems pretty decent game so far.
Back to top Go down
slicker

slicker

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-13, 04:49

I enjoyed playing it.. ye also bought it a fair while ago..
Then played it about 6months ago.. was pretty cool how they did it all.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-13, 05:20

Sif get teh trial....

Valve and NVIDIA Offer Portal: First Slice Free to GeForce Users
Press Releases - Valve 10 Jan 2008

The most recent Steam Hardware Survey shows more Steam gamers play on NVIDIA GeForce hardware than any other graphics platform. In an effort to further support this popular PC gaming configuration - Steam games plus NVIDIA hardware - Valve and NVIDIA have entered into an agreement to collaborate on development, distribution, events, and more.

Effective immediately, all NVIDIA gamers may receive a free copy of PortalTM: First Slice, a special version of the award-winning new game from Valve, by "Taking the Test." Steam will then auto-detect the presence of NVIDIA hardware and make Portal: First Slice available immediately, free of charge. To make it easy for all NVIDIA customers to redeem this offer, a link to the Steam offer will also be included in all NVIDIA drivers.

"More Steam gamers, including myself, play on NVIDIA hardware than any other GPU," said Doug Lombardi, vice president of marketing at Valve. "That's a testament to the company's long history of innovation and quality. By working together with NVIDIA to expand our development, distribution, and marketing efforts, we're increasing our ability to serve the millions of NVIDIA customers logging onto Steam and help us prepare for our next generation of content."

Throughout the coming year, the companies will also be working together to support competitive gaming events for Counter-Strike® and Team Fortress® 2 and will continue to work together to define and support the breakthrough features of tomorrow's games and graphics hardware.

"Valve's endorsement of our technology and tools is yet another example of how the world's leading gaming companies are working with NVIDIA," said Roy Taylor, vice president of content relations at NVIDIA. "Portal is the hottest new, award-winning title from Valve, and we're delighted that Valve will offer First Slice exclusively to GeForce customers."

Portal: First Slice is now available to all NVIDIA customers. For more information about the offer or to take the test, please click here.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-13, 05:41

as far as i know its not a trial.....

i thought they were just giving it out free to everyone as they now support steam on the MAC...
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-13, 05:56

c0d3r wrote:
Steam is now available for Macs and because of this, Portal is free (for a limited period).

"Portal used to cost money. Until May 24th, it's free. End of story."

but if you have a nvidia geforce card then you can just get it for free, totally free no time period shit.
Back to top Go down
c0d3r

c0d3r

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-13, 06:09

Guys, I just randomly picked an image from Google Images and it happened to be the Portal First Slice one. I still think the full version of Portal is free until 24 May.

Quote :
Valve’s digital delivery service Steam is now available for the Mac. To celebrate the launch, gamers on both platforms get an unexpected gift: a free copy of Portal.

Through May 24, Valve is giving away PC and Mac copies of its critically acclaimed puzzle game.

Valve is launching the Mac version of Steam with 57 games, all of which use the new “Steam Play” feature — purchase one version of the game, and you can play it on both PC and Mac.

Valve said it will launch more games on Mac every Wednesday, each group themed to show off a specific feature of the Steam service.
Read the whole article at wired.com.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-13, 06:11

i retract what i said the one for nvidia is only 11 levels, so if you can finish it all in 10 days then get the one coder linked to Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-13, 06:29

From my reading its the full version, no short term thing, I purchased it and can DL it whenever I want, either way, win
Back to top Go down
c0d3r

c0d3r

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-13, 06:32

I'm just not sure whether you will still be able to play it after the 24th of May.
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-13, 09:34

Woffle' wrote:
i retract what i said the one for nvidia is only 11 levels, so if you can finish it all in 10 days then get the one coder linked to Smile

Fail Razz

Sif use nvidia anyway
Back to top Go down
Reaper

Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-13, 09:43

I finished it in a day ages ago. So anybody else should be able to do it in 10.
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-13, 16:39

Not everyone can play games alot, they have other things to do...

Oh and edgers, you just wait boy..... Razz hehehe
Back to top Go down
Reaper

Reaper

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-13, 16:43

Took me like 3 hours the first time, hour and a half the second time.
Back to top Go down
Amz

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-15, 08:24

yeah... that was quite a short game aye.. song at the end was kool though..
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-16, 05:36

fun game. I want a portal gun....
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-16, 06:21

Not sure if its the full version or not, i completed it in under 3hrs, was awesome fun but then dissapointed it ran out so quickly... Sad is a good game...
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-16, 08:43

Portal was always short. There were rumours ages ago of a multiplayer fps like CSS with the portal gun included, no idea what happened because it sounded awesome
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-16, 09:14

Dark Angel wrote:
Portal was always short. There were rumours ages ago of a multiplayer fps like CSS with the portal gun included, no idea what happened because it sounded awesome

Portal 2 is going to have a co op multiplayer option. Think it comes out mid or late this year.

Pretty good marketing move from valve really, releasing free portal just before portal 2 is coming.
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-27, 12:55

Portal is free to download on Steam* 24883_10
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Portal is free to download on Steam*   Portal is free to download on Steam* Empty2010-05-28, 04:39

damn that is a good pic Quoth! Smile

so true...
Back to top Go down

Portal is free to download on Steam*
Page 1 of 1