Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PERSISTANCE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PERSISTANCE Empty
PostSubject: PERSISTANCE   PERSISTANCE Empty2008-08-29, 14:41

The moral to the last story….. Persistance, reminds of a cool story.
I used to catch a train into Sydney city every day and always read the grafitti I would see on the journey. There was a big abbatoirs that had its own railway station that we would go past each day. The station platform ran the length of the back wall of the abbatoirs, a wall about 50 mts long by about 6mts high and smooth and white. Just waiting for graffiti!

There was a dude in Sydney in the seventies who grafittied all over Sydney, I would see it everywhere. The same thing, he never wrote anything else, just…..

RALPH THE BONG

I would see it everywhere, trains, walls, dunnies etc, everywhere I went.
One day there it was in huge red letters as big as was possible on the wall of the abbatoirs. Massive red letters about two and a half metres high and about 40 metres long.

RALPH THE BONG

Ha ha good one!! It would be gotten rid of in the next week or so, painted white and the wall would be bare and clean again.
A week or so later it would appear again.

RALPH THE BONG

Week or so later, painted out, week or so later it would reappear. This went on for months, neither Ralph nor the business giving in. I used to look ahead to the wall all the time to see how it was all going, I loved the little battle they were having. After about 8 months the wall was all pristine and white, no grafitti. Days went by and no sign of Ralph.

Had they beaten him? Did he get sick of the battle? Had he moved away maybe? I was so disappointed that he had given up or stopped, it was a highlight of my train journey to witness the “battle,” but it seemed it was over and they’d won.

The wall stayed bare for nearly a year and Ralph was just a memory. One morning on the way to Sydney we approached the abbatoirs and it’s station, and there it was!!
The same style, the huge red letters, just one difference.

RALPH THE BONG…………………………PERSISTS

How fkn cool is that??????????
Even cooler, they gave up and it stayed there for ages!
Back to top Go down

PERSISTANCE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ðead Øn Årrival :: Off Topic :: fodder's bedtime stories-
Jump to: