Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips Empty
PostSubject: Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips   Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips Empty2008-09-30, 18:39

ok so first off, i just bought this D-Link DSM-330 Divx Connected box thing to go with the new home theatre system
for thoes of you that dont know what it is, it lets you play all your video, music and pics that are on ya comp on your TV and also utilise the internet on the big screen! Smile

now i got a punt load of dvd movies, and yes, all original ones. getting a bit sick of going through em all when i wanna watch one and yeah they get damaged from use. so i wanna rip em all onto my computer to play through this new bad boy.

first off, i just wanna know what is the best program to rip dvd's to xvid or divx??
i want to have them wicked quality, at least 1gb to 1.5gb in size for each and to also still have the 5.1 audio.
no i dont know much about ripping dvd's to xvid, and so i dont really know how to set these settings.

anyone know how to do all this?? and how to rip a dvd to keep maximum quality?? let me know what you use and whats a good program Smile

Cheers,
Tha Snowmann
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips   Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips Empty2008-09-30, 19:44

D-Link...the day they make a quality product is the day i untie toki from my bed!
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips   Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips Empty2008-10-01, 04:42

haha, what you got against them?? this is actually a really good product, so many features that you can use on it Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips   Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips Empty2008-10-01, 07:47

I'd be surprised if it lasted more then a year
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips   Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips Empty2008-10-01, 09:54

me too. i had a d-link router and it was SHITHOUSE. didn't work. internet kept dropping out. it was one hell of a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips   Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips Empty2008-10-01, 11:26

this isnt going to be running wireless, using a direct cat6 cable so the connection is stronger and can stream HD content through it.

but n e ways, can anyone help with the xvid ripping?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips   Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips Empty2008-10-01, 11:36

The cable wont be the issue lol, its the dlink branded box. And snowman i have a "legal" version of a program which rips DVDs to AVI files, just i have never used it lol, i'll do a test for you and let ya know, if it works i'll upload to my server for you.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips   Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips Empty2008-10-01, 11:50

oh ok nice,
yeah im just wanting to know how you set up the specifications for quality, size and 5.1 audio. i have a program called AOA DVD Ripper that i have used before to rip a dvd, but it slightly looses quality and i havnt been able to get the 5.1 audio for it. and i dont know how to set it to a specific size so that it can retain as much quality as possible
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips   Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips Empty2008-10-01, 12:23

I use DVDflick to rip movies TO dvd and it works great.. Not sure if it does it the other way though lol. Buying dvd's is overrated. elephant

Either way converting to and from vob is a pretty lengthy/annoying process, could always just download Xvids of your dvds Razz
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips   Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips Empty2008-10-01, 12:37

haha yeah i could do that but then it will chew up my whole bandwidth for about a year so that means no css Sad i got about 350 dvd's that i need to rip onto the computer. so i know it will take a long time but thats what the other computer is for :p
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips   Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips Empty2008-10-02, 13:36

umm, how much do you know about movies and encoding etc?
have a look through this place for some ideas on programs to download or "trial"

http://www.rlslog.net/category/applications/

thought i would post that while im thinking of what i have used in the past...

one was either auto goron knot auto gordian knot.

was quite good with respect to the amount of options available

edit* Its called AutoGK
Info: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72679
Site: http://www.autogk.me.uk/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips   Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips Empty

Back to top Go down

Divx Connected and creating DVD Rips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ðead Øn Årrival :: Dust Bins :: Dust Bin-
Jump to: