Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Problems downloading a map/connection issue...

Go down 
+3
Toki
Vee
Electron
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Electron

Electron

Problems downloading a map/connection issue... Empty
PostSubject: Problems downloading a map/connection issue...   Problems downloading a map/connection issue... Empty2009-01-28, 14:14

Hey guys, hope you can help me out on this one...

I just tried to join the GG server, and it comes up with the error:
"Your version of the map differs from the servers [gg_oldtimerscorner.bsp]"

I thought this was a bit strange, so I tried again, same error.

Deleted the map from my steam directory [Steam\SteamApps\[user]\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps] and re-connected to re-download the map. Few minutes later, it came up with the same error...

Any ideas on how to fix the problem?
Back to top Go down
Vee

Vee

PostSubject: Re: Problems downloading a map/connection issue...   Problems downloading a map/connection issue... Empty2009-01-28, 14:32

Same kinda topic here

http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/maps-f4/your-map-maps-gg_oldtimerscornerbsp-differs-from-the-server-s-t554.htm

Still no answer how to fix it yet Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Toki

PostSubject: Re: Problems downloading a map/connection issue...   Problems downloading a map/connection issue... Empty2009-01-28, 14:37

electron you remain the dumbest person on the forum which is massive considering we have mclaggin and manx on here aswell. we may need to make that a title for you.
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Problems downloading a map/connection issue...   Problems downloading a map/connection issue... Empty2009-01-28, 14:56

and your still the biggest douchebag toki
Back to top Go down
Electron

Electron

PostSubject: Re: Problems downloading a map/connection issue...   Problems downloading a map/connection issue... Empty2009-01-28, 15:13

Toki wrote:
electron you remain the dumbest person on the forum which is massive considering we have mclaggin and manx on here aswell. we may need to make that a title for you.
Awesome. I've always wanted a title.

I always look forward to coming home at night and being insulted by you... Tops off a really great day. Evil or Very Mad

But, apologies for not doing a search before posting.
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Problems downloading a map/connection issue...   Problems downloading a map/connection issue... Empty2009-01-28, 15:26

at one point there were all the maps hosted on a server somewhere where you could just download them straight to your machine, cutting out the steam way. I can't find that topic anymore, must have been cleaned up, but hopefully someone can get a link?

otherwise, your best bet is just to find it somewhere else and try it that way. Did you restart steam or your puter?
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
Electron

Electron

PostSubject: Re: Problems downloading a map/connection issue...   Problems downloading a map/connection issue... Empty2009-01-28, 15:54

I've had this issue in the past few weeks, thought nothing of it until now... It's getting rather annoying... Steam and computer have been reset during that time yes...

Thing is, the server is still on that map, and no-one seems to be able to join... if they can, I haven't seen them in it... (3 hours and counting). Surely there would be something that would force the map to change?
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Problems downloading a map/connection issue...   Problems downloading a map/connection issue... Empty2009-01-29, 06:07

From what i have heard there is an issue with the map itself - hence no reason to re-download etc.

Also, and this may require confirmation, there is an issue with the map not deleting out of rotation. The Leaders/Captains are aware of this isssue.
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: oldtimers corner   Problems downloading a map/connection issue... Empty2009-01-30, 09:45

Dunno whats goin on with oldtimers corner, we have deleted the bloody thing over and over but it wont delete, go figure, wtf?

Pissed me off as well cos I absolutely hate the map "corner", what a gay map, so anti gungame, its crap as, and I really wanted to put "oldtimers corner" on. For obvious reasons lol, dammit. Cool
Back to top Go down
Toki

PostSubject: Re: Problems downloading a map/connection issue...   Problems downloading a map/connection issue... Empty2009-01-30, 09:47

maybe change oldtimers corner to just corner and then itll come up instead of corner?
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

PostSubject: corner?   Problems downloading a map/connection issue... Empty2009-01-30, 10:11

NO! Cool
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Problems downloading a map/connection issue...   Problems downloading a map/connection issue... Empty2009-01-30, 10:17

make it a duplicate copy and call it thisfrickenmapdoesntwork.bsp?
Back to top Go down

Problems downloading a map/connection issue...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ðead Øn Årrival :: The GunGame Server :: GunGame General Discussion-
Jump to: