Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Please Read

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ADMIN

Please Read Empty
PostSubject: Please Read   Please Read Empty2009-04-25, 15:48

This section is for the community to show off their custom counter strike related maps, sounds or textures.

Maps posted here with download links will be looked at by Directors and Leaders and possibly end up in our servers map rotations, Not all maps will be hosted if they do not match our game play standards.

Talk about maps on the server or maps you would like to see on the server by a third party belong in the "GunGame Ideas and Suggestions" section.

Here is a list of guide lines that if followed will match our "game play standards"
fodder wrote:
Just a couple of hints for mapmakers if they want them to be a permanent part of our map cycle. Was inspired to write this by a new map that I played the other day. I spawned, ran out of spawn and thought, "this has to go!". I dont know the technical terms but I will list some of our requirements of what we think a good gg map oughta be.

Maps need to be fairly small and fairly simple.

No multi levels unless they are open and simple, If a map's ground floor is a good size with various obstacles then dont put in another level. I dont mean a rooftop like funtimes, I mean like a second story, another floor so its like another map up top.

I dont think water is needed, or those "dusty" maps with dust effects. Too much lag 4 some ppl. As with too many "reflections".

Start with bright textures, NO dark maps, and try not to add too much lighting, again creates lag. Keep it light and bright to start with.

Consider the colours of t"s and ct"s and colour maps accordingly, so dudes are not camouflaged.

Spawn exits need to be at least 3-4 ppl wide, it"s a pain to try and rush out to find one guy standing at an exit and you cant get out!!

Same with ladders out of spawn, 3-4 ppl wide so no logjams.

Some sort of symmetry is good, either end should be roughly similar so that one side or the other is not favoured.

One spawn should not be able to see the other.

No windows like corner so dudes stare and wait. (god I hate corner).

Spawn damage is awesome, anything that is anti-camp is awesome lol. Just so long as it's worked out fairly. Mutant has a brilliant answer to that but I'll wait 4 him to set it up.

All maps to be run by me or wake up or both 4 approval b4 uploading.

And take ur time, don't hurry to get it uploaded.

Don't mean to sound dictatorial guys, but if me and wake up don't like it then it does'nt have much chance eh. Same same, if it's constantly rtv'd as soon as it's up.......then it's out! Popularity rules! It's gotta be popular and the two old dudes have to like it. (c'mon geoff, yes you are).

Speaking of being old, I did this post yesterday, but made the crucial mistake of not clicking that little button that says "send", lol. (hey I know what you just thought so STFU) Lol. Anyway, some more thoughts will be added to this as long term memory kicks in so keep you're eye out eh.

We think it's ultra cool to have mapmakers onboard and are keen to encourage you guys to keep it up, but I don't want you to take it too personally or stop mapping if we cann one of you're maps eh. Just sometimes it's not workin out 4 some reason.
HAI! Cool
Back to top Go down
fodder
|ÐØÅ| Director
fodder

Please Read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read   Please Read Empty2009-10-22, 11:02

Ha ha thanx for the support guys, mystic in particular, I can feel the love, and a slight stirring in me pants Very Happy

New Guy, prolly shouldn't have changed the post without an ok, but I'm sure it wont happen again lol.

Also some of you guys may not know that new guy and I go back a bit, so, guilty, but not too guilty Laughing
Back to top Go down
im the new guy

im the new guy

Please Read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read   Please Read Empty2009-10-24, 03:14

Yeah, I won't do it without permission next time. But perhaps you could make it point form fodder? With the correct requirements (soz Rofl).
makes it a bit easier for mappers to follow than quotes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Please Read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please Read   Please Read Empty

Back to top Go down

Please Read
Page 1 of 1