Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BAN COMMENTS

Go down 
+21
bundy bear
Fletch
Quoth...
crusherop
Tha Snowmann
fodder
rumpig
teknoss
HurriKane
SkUnKLuNgS
McLaggin
Hayzz
ADMIN
Woffle'
mr.mimic
Electron
Edgers
failsticks
Crossfade
Viprus
The7thLegion
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-05-07, 11:46

In this section DOA Admins, Members and server users can comment about current bans contained in the "BAN REPORTS" section.
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
Viprus

Viprus

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-05-31, 15:57

TBH i like crossfade, hes a good bloke when u get under the immature rage thing and hes a good dota/wow/css buddy.
However i have covered for crossfade alot and admit to a little favouritism during the whole TC encounter.
Crossfade i have covered for u too long, sorry to say it but that performance deserves a permanent ban.

im pretty sure most would agree. (aimed at DOA ppl)
*btw any tc or ex-tc coming on here an raging about crossfade and bragging, your opinion does not matter so dont bother.

EDIT: OH HI DAVEGOD

Last edited by Viprus on 2009-05-31, 16:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-05-31, 16:07

Lol viprus u dont hold grudges at all...ur the most petty person i have ever met.
Back to top Go down
Crossfade

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-06-01, 13:41

Ok look. I deserve what ever i get from you guys. What i did to Edgers i didnt mean. I have had alot of shit happen in my life over the past month and its really hurt me.

Idk why i took it out on Edgers but i should'nt have. Its just really hard when everything at home gets all fucked up and i cant do anything to help it. I almost got caught for doing shit irl by the cops and i shouldnt have done it.

But most of all i will take what i get and wont do anything to stop what you guys will do to me with what happened the other day on the server. I deleted 3 people including Viprus of my friends list to get my life back on track for now.

I am truly sorry for everything i have caused people on the server, thus i am leaving the DOA server and not coming back on it.

Goodbye Guys and Girls, hope you all have fun

Crossfade out
Back to top Go down

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-06-08, 21:07

Any chance of a link to DL the demo of DC walling? If this is the case he will face concequences.
Back to top Go down
failsticks

failsticks

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-06-08, 21:14

Teknoss has the link to the download
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-06-10, 00:17

People don't need to see the demo.

We have dealt with the situation.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-06-12, 12:49

Regarding kitycats ban: I've warned him multiple times to not evade mutes, and so has Vip. When people repeatedly request him being muted there's obviously something wrong. He spams mic way too much with stupid sounds and useless dribble, then deliberately rejoins to evade mutes. He knows he's breaking the rules by doing this and has been warned too many times.
Back to top Go down
Electron

Electron

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-06-12, 20:27

Is there any way to perm mute someone?
Eg. a script which checks their steam id against a database and auto mutes them on join??
Back to top Go down
mr.mimic

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-06-12, 21:18

yes. y...u want it?Razz
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-06-13, 05:33

Electron as much as you may want a script to perm mute someone, you shouldnt have to get to a stage where you need to do that. If there are any issues with a player let us know so they dont hassle you (and most likely others too).
Back to top Go down
Electron

Electron

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-06-13, 14:07

Woffle, it's nothing to do with me... It's just a thought with regards to people trying to avoid being muted by admins... that's all Smile
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-06-13, 22:27

There are scripts that if a player is muted and they rejoin they stay muted, it takes about 30 mins for them to be unmuted as long as they stay disconnected.
Back to top Go down
Electron

Electron

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-06-14, 05:32

Now that's something that I'm talking about...
It stops them from trying to avoid the mute by rejoining, and makes things less stressful for the admin...

Just my 2cents though...
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-06-14, 06:39

meh, personally, if someone is muted and then rejoins and starts shit again, they need a short ban if they have been warned enough, so dont really mind the current system.
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-06-14, 11:09

Hit the nail on the head with that post Woffle.

Completely agree.

Not a bad idea tho Electron. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hayzz

Hayzz

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-07-26, 19:28

After talking to Hippy on Steam, and after hearing that the TC guys are having a bit of a laugh over on there forums, I thought I'd come here and clear a few things up for the people who haven't been involved/around.

http://pastebin.com/f4c315cf8

That's a log that happened on the 19th of July at 6:20pm between Jebus and Viprus (sorry for Viprus' name there was nothing I could do about that)

Just like to comment of a few things though:

Line 18: Abuse.. I'm sorry to tell members here this, and I've expressed my anger with some of the situations to Fodder, Geoff and Jebus. But the amount of abuse I received from 2 DOA captains was quite disappointing. Sorry to say but Viprus and Laggin give you a bad name to regs/rands imo.

Lets also go into the whole 'bias" thing whilst were on this topic. Sic_as & Benny: Benny starts on me because of my very obvious dislike towards him. Sic being Benny's friend decides to let this continue and actually have a laugh and encourage him. (Line 16)

Lets not forget Mudafugga here, Constant "C" words, Sexual comments to female players (eg Moo) e.g the other night. But nothing was done. If it had been someone an Admin disliked for personal reasons it would of been a ban straight away.

Line 25: If Jebus can notice that Laggin obviously has an Issue with me, that how hard is it for other DOA members? Jebus isn't on very often compared to some.

Line 28: "rather let things eventuate" seems like something of a personal vendetta than a true admin train of thought. I understand not everyone can be liked by everyone else.

Line 42 & 43: People change, they grow. I know for a fact I'm better then I was when I first started playing and was in TC. And again we have personal feelings effecting an admins choices when calling me a cocksucker, Only a handful.

Anyway that's just a log I had saved (thanks Jebus)
There were other situations with Laggin and threatening over Steam (and I don't mean a warning, I mean a very abusive threat) but I don't think anything like that really needs to be looked at, People dislike people for various reasons.

FYI Laggin, the day I was banned and was having a laugh about Sic's name, if you were around the other night you would of realised it was a bit of fun, a few of us nearly had sic in tears he was laughing so much. One thing I find hard to pick up on with Sic is if he's actually joking or being serious. Which is one reason I was banned previously for.

As for the voting thing, I know who voted, and I'm not going to go into how I know, But 1 of the voters is never around, 1 voted me because he thought I hated him, and another because he thinks I never stop abusing spectators when they can't join and he thinks that I act like I own the server (Sorry mate, I'm just trying to help the admins a bit by telling the randoms not to camp, or bringing it to there attention so they don't have to sit in spec all the time. Also that there's been only a few times when I'll call a spec a "retard" and this will occur when they've been there for 20 minutes and still can't figure it out, even with voice and binds. If you will notice that I actually have a bind explaining how to join, and often I will use voice as I find that there really isn't much text space so it disappears rather fast.)

The other 3 voters are rather obvious, and voted because of a personal vendetta against me.

Anyway I'll leave it at that, I've expressed some of my feeling towards what has happened. Hopefully some of it can be looked at to improve future situations for other members just in case something similar happens.
And no, this isn't an appeal.
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-07-27, 02:56

If it's not an appeal what is it?
Back to top Go down
Viprus

Viprus

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-07-27, 03:44

im not ashamed of anything i said in that convo between jebus and myself. so dont think u have some mighty power over me. please. continue whining.
Back to top Go down
SkUnKLuNgS

SkUnKLuNgS

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-07-27, 05:05

Bit harsh dont surprise me though No
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-07-27, 05:35

I'm not really sure what you think that conversation log shows Hayzz? Doesn't even seem very relevant..
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-07-27, 11:05

oh and the reason i had a go at him was not for only for calling me a camper once, but shooting me down for "camping" when i wasn't even camping, and repeating that i was camping over and over. I have been in this community for a LONG time. I think i know the definition. The funniest bit was when i joined the next day to him see the exact same thing he shot me down for the day before. Hayzz i do not regret anything either.

Btw the thing with sic had nothing to do with it, it was just coincidence that that was the exact moment fodder had confirmed i could ban your punk ass.

Also, I have received word that Hayzz had received access to the DOA private forums. May I say these are private for a reason and anything posted there is put there trusted DOA members to keep it private. I have my suspicions, not gonna name names atm, but DONT do it again.
Back to top Go down
Hayzz

Hayzz

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-07-27, 11:23

Actually Laggin that log I posted happened on Deagle, the situation you're talking about happened after that day all together and was on a completely different map.

You snapped at me for a camping call against a random, not against yourself. But I wont be surprised if you argue that matter. You seem to think anything I say is directed at you, like the other day when Yikes was there, and you joined whilst I was in Mid sentence, thinking I was having a go at you =\ Thankfully Yikes was there to back me up otherwise you would of banned me for something that I didn't in fact do. Trigger Happy.

The way I see camping is people who sit in a corner crouching so there not visible, you shouldn't need to do this unless you are reloading and the time I shot at you for doing this you were on knife just waiting for someone to come around the bend.

Before you just having suspicions I can tell you know that your wrong.

Since my original post there have been a few respected members of the community, and members of DOA who have shown there dissatisfaction with what has happened.

Also Viprus, I don't understand how you can call this whining, There is nothing wrong with stating the facts in public.
Back to top Go down
HurriKane
|ÐØÅ| Captain
HurriKane

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-07-27, 11:25

enough already, shuss
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

BAN COMMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAN COMMENTS   BAN COMMENTS Empty2009-07-27, 12:20