Ðead Øn Årrival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ðead Øn Årrival

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rebuilt my computer :)

Go down 
+6
Quoth...
SkUnKLuNgS
crossover
Woffle'
mr.mimic
Tha Snowmann
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

Rebuilt my computer :) Empty
PostSubject: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-02, 17:30

Well over the weekend i rebuilt my computer, added some more shit into it, cleaned up the cable management and all that. still gotta reinstall vista and reload everything back on, just been backing some shit up and then gonna try and overclock this one as far as i can go, hopefully get to about 3.3ghz or something. (stock at 2.33ghz)

Here are some pics for ya Smile
They were taken on my phone, so thats why there not that great.

Took the old Zalman off and slammed in a new V8 Very Happy Gotta love removable motherboard trays. dont mind the mess on the table...
Rebuilt my computer :) 30052010

Starting to get everything back in and working out how to put the cables
Rebuilt my computer :) 30052011

Cable management is pretty much done
Rebuilt my computer :) 30052012

This is what it looked like before i cleaned it all up, replaced the side window with a plain clear perspex one, heaps better Smile as you can see its pretty messy.
Rebuilt my computer :) Pb202810

And this is what it looks like now Smile
Rebuilt my computer :) 02062010

Also played around with my old school P4 computer, cut a side window out, put the old Zalman cooler on, some more fans and overclocked this one to 3.7ghz, was originally 3.0ghz Very Happy
Rebuilt my computer :) 30052013

Just thought id share that with you guys Smile
enjoy...

Tha Snowmann
Back to top Go down
mr.mimic

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-02, 17:56

very very nice...wanna do mine for me:)
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-02, 20:26

very nice snowy, v8's quite big eh Razz

damnit til i saw the last photo was going to ask if teh zalmen was 775 and if it was for sale Smile
Back to top Go down
crossover

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-03, 02:38

ooooh thats hot! love the cables running behind the mainboard.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-03, 04:11

Woffle' wrote:
very nice snowy, v8's quite big eh Razz

damnit til i saw the last photo was going to ask if teh zalmen was 775 and if it was for sale Smile

Yeah the V8 is damn big! just fits in with about 1 or 2mm clearance when sliding in the mobo tray, but fits nicely.
Yeah the Zalman is 775 but i thought what the hell, and put it on the old comp. playing around overclocking that one first to get a feel for what im doing. i did get the old P4 to boot up on 3.96ghz, but as soon as i ran prime95 crashed the comp. its really hard monitoring the temps on it to, realtemp and coretemp dont work on old school P4 Sad oh well

cable management is the KEY to everything! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-03, 05:05

just do it how us oldschoolers used to do it, buy a thermometer and press it against the part you want to check Razz the temp gauges on old p4's arent that accurate anyway sometimes varying as much as 5 degrees Surprised
Back to top Go down
SkUnKLuNgS

SkUnKLuNgS

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-03, 05:40

Nice the new cpu are easy as to oc heaps easier than old 1 snow my 6420 stock is 2.2 i think and easy does 3.2 but i run it 24-7 on 3
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-03, 05:48

yeah the only prob is when i bought this comp i didnt know as much as i do now, so i have the Q8200 which is 2.33ghz but only got a multiplier of 7. so apparently it makes it harder to OC then say the q6600. I will be happy to get a 24/7 on 3.3 or something like that and also have my ram bumped up to at least 1066, but im pretty sure it can go higher, got some good corsair ram 8GB of this shit too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-03, 07:24

tidy.

fans on the bottom? wouldnt be as effective, would they?
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-03, 07:39

nah they are actually, they blow straight onto the graphics card. there is ventilation on the bottom and the case is slightly raised off the ground so air does get in through there. works a treat Smile
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-03, 08:06

very very nice snowwy.
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-03, 10:04

Very Happy yeah turned out all right i think, now im thinking of the next thing to do to it Razz
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-03, 10:42

in the usb port?
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-03, 13:18

hmmm i just realised i left someone in the first pic on the table, was wondering where that got to Razz
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-03, 23:51

You mean that massive wad of drug money?
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
Woffle'
ÐØÅ VIP

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-04, 02:57

yup only drug dealers keep their money banded together Smile
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-04, 04:17

yeah whoops forgot that was there, still pondering what its going to go towards...
only drug dealers say only drug dealers keep their money banded together Razz

i think i might follow in 7th footsteps and pick up a pair of new nikes Smile they were very sexy shoes 7th Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The7thLegion

The7thLegion

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-04, 04:23

Fuck yeah. Court Force High Tops 2009.

Rebuilt my computer :) Nikes10

If you don't own a pair of sexy shoes you have nothing to show for in your life.
Back to top Go down
http://dead-on-arrival.roflforum.net/
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-04, 04:31

haha oh but i already got got like 8 pairs or air force 1's Razz

needa go back to america to pick up some more Smile
Back to top Go down
Tbowe28

Tbowe28

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-08, 08:14

Snowy were did ya get the case???

how much and wats the brand???
Back to top Go down
Quoth...

Quoth...

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-08, 08:42

Its a Thermaltake Armour case. You can get them in silver too.
http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/83669/CASINGS_FULLTOWER/ThermalTake/VH6000BWS.asp
Back to top Go down
http://quothdesign.com.au
Tbowe28

Tbowe28

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-08, 08:59

cool, ill have to put that onto the lost of needs!!

id be sticking with black, screw the silver ones.
Back to top Go down
McLaggin

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-08, 09:23

antec 1200 ftw
Back to top Go down
Tha Snowmann
|ÐØÅ| Leader
Tha Snowmann

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-08, 09:25

Quoth... wrote:
Its a Thermaltake Armour case. You can get them in silver too.
http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/83669/CASINGS_FULLTOWER/ThermalTake/VH6000BWS.asp

To correct you Quoth, its actually the "Thermaltake Armor+ Full Tower Case" but ill let it slip Razz

I got it from CPL in Notting Hill for $269 i believe. but just a reminder, this case does weigh 17kg BY ITSELF, where the silver one weighs less as its made with aluminum. but if your not moving it it dosnt matter and black looks better anyway Smile

and yes laggin the antec 1200 is a decent case but its up to personal preference IMO, there both great cases but im not a fan of having the PSU at the bottom of the case
Back to top Go down
Edgers

Edgers

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty2009-06-08, 10:53

What the fuck 17kg is it bulletproof
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilt my computer :)   Rebuilt my computer :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rebuilt my computer :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ðead Øn Årrival :: Off Topic :: Computer Hardware and Software-
Jump to: